Ohio Playoffs: State Championships 2023

OdbCle

1 minute ago, reggid said:

If you need some excitement:

Incredible game. You mentioned Burke outplaying Miller (which he did), but Miller was certainly no slouch that game. Kid moved differently than every player on the field. Special talent with the ball in his hands. If I recall correctly, Ed’s didn’t get a sack on him all game until Deonte Gibson finally broke through late in the 4th with Wayne looking to put a tying drive together. And of course, there was the controversial no-catch on the sidelines by Wayne with the footprint in the snow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OdbCle said:

Incredible game. You mentioned Burke outplaying Miller (which he did), but Miller was certainly no slouch that game. Kid moved differently than every player on the field. Special talent with the ball in his hands. If I recall correctly, Ed’s didn’t get a sack on him all game until Deonte Gibson finally broke through late in the 4th with Wayne looking to put a tying drive together. And of course, there was the controversial no-catch on the sidelines by Wayne with the footprint in the snow. 

You can’t tell from the video, but the crowd that night on both sides was loud and raucous and rocking in the snow storm.  One of the best atmospheres I’ve ever seen for a high school game.

1 minute ago, OdbCle said:

Out of bounds as called 

• Haha 1

Both punters getting a workout tonight.  This one may come down to the punting game.  Both scores so far set up by punts — first Mass blocked Hoban to set them up for a score, and then Hoban pinned Mass at their own 1 and forced a safety.   The field position game — or another punt miscue — may determine this one.

3 minutes ago, reggid said:

Both punters getting a workout tonight.  This one may come down to the punting game.  Both scores so far set up by punts — first Mass blocked Hoban to set them up for a score, and then Hoban pinned Mass at their own 1 and forced a safety.   The field position game — or another punt miscue — may determine this one.

Or turnovers or vanilla play calling 

Yawn 

4 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Neither QB can throw the ball which makes this old style football 

I hate old style football 

I don’t mind some big-boy, smash-mouth football if it’s working, but this is not that — this has just been painful.  Mass holding the lead, but doing everything they can not to win.  Lucky that Hoban has been inept so far.

Three more safeties for an 8-7 win would seem about right.

30 minutes ago, reggid said:

As predicted. another punt disaster.  Mass inexplicably tries a fake punt at its own 41 with like 7 and a half minutes to go and fails.  Because of course they failed. The play call was a failure.  The coach is a failure.   This whole game is a failure.  LOL.