Need some help with this

whiteshoes

Someone please explain to me the status of Rabun Gap-Nacoochee.    Are they a North Carolina team or Georgia team?  The play in the NCISAA tournament, but I realize that some teams play in state tournaments outside of their geographic location (i.e.) Truckee (CA) plays in the Nevada tournament.   Any help appreciated.

2 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Someone please explain to me the status of Rabun Gap-Nacoochee.    Are they a North Carolina team or Georgia team?  The play in the NCISAA tournament, but I realize that some teams play in state tournaments outside of their geographic location (i.e.) Truckee (CA) plays in the Nevada tournament.   Any help appreciated.

Someone asked that earlier this year. @TheMaximumHornetSting answered it.

If I remember correctly. They play in ncisaa because of location. rabun county is far from everybody in Georgia. Just an example the other schools their rabun county had to drive almost 6hrs last week to brooks county and lose.

3 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Someone asked that earlier this year. @TheMaximumHornetSting answered it.

If I remember correctly. They play in ncisaa because of location. rabun county is far from everybody in Georgia. Just an example the other schools their rabun county had to drive almost 6hrs last week to brooks county and lose.

So yes as of right now Rabun Gap Nacoochee participate in the NC state association because they are at the very tip top point of GA... far out from everyone else not named Rabun County HS (Which participates in the GHSA and is a public school). 

RGNC is very much a Georgia school that just plays with the neighbors across the border... 

But not for much longer... 

Word on the street is there is some talks of them jumping to the GHSA very soon... 

• Like 1

The thing thats gonna be crazy is RGNC will dominate 1A-2A no questions asked... they have ridiculous talent for a school their size... 

Whats gonna suck is the south GA schools having to make a almost 7 hour drive in Rounds 1-4... 

3 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

• Like 1

I have to go up that way about 4-5 times a month... 

Its close to Sky valley,GA which is in Rabun County... 

I love it up that way... 

From my front door step in Hampton,GA to Sky Valley is 3h 15 minutes on the dot and thats with no traffic... 

Valdosta to Sky Valley is 6h 30 with no traffic.... 

Grueling drives

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I have to go up that way about 4-5 times a month... 

Its close to Sky valley,GA which is in Rabun County... 

I love it up that way... 

From my front door step in Hampton,GA to Sky Valley is 3h 15 minutes on the dot and thats with no traffic... 

Valdosta to Sky Valley is 6h 30 with no traffic.... 

Grueling drives

I've always hated those drives.

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Im hoping next cycle we get a coastal region.

We could/should have one now if they'd stop pussyfooting and bump the schools up like they should have to begin with... 

Region 1: 

Tift County 

Lowndes

Valdosta 

Colquitt 

Lee County 

Northside WR 

Houston HS 

Thomasville Central 

Region 2: 

Effingham 

South Effingham