Opening day

37 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Were you aware of this?  

I’m assuming this is still a fact with more at bats into ‘24 with a goose egg for righties.  

IMG_9266.jpeg

And that is why the Giants have problem signing some the big names. They don’t want the cove to ruin their home run totals, which could affect the next contract they are offered. Could cost them millions.

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

That’s an awesome view! Great view watching jacks clear Levi’s Landing.😎

Back in the day I used to watch Barry Bonds during batting practice hit monsters into the cove 5-6 in a row. He hit a bunch during the season also. I don’t want to debate steroids but it was beautiful to watch.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

And that is why the Giants have problem signing some the big names. They don’t want the cove to ruin their home run totals, which could affect the next contract they are offered. Could cost them millions.

Then sign lefties…imagine Soto there!?  Short porch at Yankee stadium will be a huge benefit to him, but so far the dude is such a tremendous hitter he is spraying bullets all over.

12 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Opened in 2000 and even with inter-league play!  

Has to be a wind effect off the Bay or some constant wind direction that swallows a high enough blast to carry the necessary approximated 362-370 foot needed distance to reach the Cove.  

Bonds had 35 splashes.  

I’m assuming you saw McCovey and Bonds father play at Candlestick, but as a young kid.   We are the same age, as I recall a mention you made in a post.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Opened in 2000 and even with inter-league play!  

Has to be a wind effect off the Bay or some constant wind direction that swallows a high enough blast to carry the necessary approximated 362-370 foot needed distance to reach the Cove.  

Bonds had 35 splashes.  

I’m assuming you saw McCovey and Bonds father play at Candlestick, but as a young kid.   We are the same age, as I recall a mention you made in a post.  

Unfortunately I didn’t see Bobby Bonds or McCovey play in person. My first 18 years I was in So Cal then moved to NorCal for the next 25 years. I have seen many games Giants/Niners games at Candlestick, the wind made catching a fly ball into a circus act.

17 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Unfortunately I didn’t see Bobby Bonds or McCovey play in person. My first 18 years I was in So Cal then moved to NorCal for the next 25 years. I have seen many games Giants/Niners games at Candlestick, the wind made catching a fly ball into a circus act.

Gotcha. 

Shame we both missed out on seeing Willie Mays live.  

Dad started taking me to sports events in ‘74, just missing Willie’s finish at Shea Stadium.   

One of my earliest sports memories was the Buddy Harrelson vs Pete Rose fight in ‘73 on TV.  :)