mika brzezinski

noonereal

On 11/16/2017 at 9:16 AM, zulu1128 said:

Halperin was a yuge loss. He was probably the best part of the show...especially after Joe lost his mind over Trump.

I was very disappointed in this. 

He has clearly allowed Trump to "get in his head."

It's kinda scary how folks just lose it when dealing with Trump. 

When it's without reason, Trump wins. 

When it's all emotion, Trump wins.

When it's all bitter, Trump wins. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Exploding Heads are really exploding this morning. 

I am tells you guys, this is no way to confront Trump. It's the reaction he wants from you. 

#Winning

:(

Truer words were never spoken.

Cuomo and his sidekick on CNN are the worst.  I guess inviting guests on and then haranguing them for 10 minutes in a tizzy of self-righteous blather counts as journalism?

Pravda, er, I mean Fox and Friends is different but terrible in its own unique way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Truer words were never spoken.

Cuomo and his sidekick on CNN are the worst.  I guess inviting guests on and then haranguing them for 10 minutes in a tizzy of self-righteous blather counts as journalism?

Pravda, er, I mean Fox and Friends is different but terrible in its own unique way.

sorry, this post will be deleted if you don't change it to take a position in support of CNN or in support of FOX.

This is no place to post rational, centrist  propaganda. 

MODs, please follow up. 

Thanks

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

You also have no idea of what Pravda represents and to call FOX that,...... shows not onlyyour intolerance, but  a lack knowledge of facts and history of Russia HARDCORE ....

My intolerance?  Hahahah.  You know literally nothing about me.  Please refrain from ad hominems.

I read enough history, Russian included, and I read it aright.  Is Fox literally Pravda, no.  But if you think that, apart from Shep Smith and Chris Wallace (two good journalists) any of those talking heads are doing anything other than spinning, obfuscating, and pushing whackadoo conspiracy theories then you need to get out of the bubble, hombre.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

My intolerance?  Hahahah.  You know literally nothing about me.  Please refrain from ad hominems.

I read enough history, Russian included, and I read it aright.  Is Fox literally Pravda, no.  But if you think that, apart from Shep Smith and Chris Wallace (two good journalists) any of those talking heads are doing anything other than spinning, obfuscating, and pushing whackadoo conspiracy theories then you need to get out of the bubble, hombre.

he's not getting out :(

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

How do you mean unique and can you give us all examples of their LYING ABOUT FACTS,NOT OPINION..

Can I give you examples?  No.  I work for a living.  I don’t have time to catalog every insane comment those whack jobs spout. As a Republican I used to watch them until it became impossible when Obama was president.  They lost their damn minds.  Couldn’t watch them (Hannity, Ingraham, etc.) and not think it was some type of comedy that I just wasn’t getting.

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

They lost their damn minds.

I gotta think that the Exploding Head's on the left have changed the viewing habits of many now.

I know a few folks I watched that I no longer can. 

Fox, generally speaking, I was done with pre Obie. 

I recall my son watching TV years ago when my bother came over and asked to put on FNC so he could watch the news. We all just fell silent at the irony. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

I gotta think that the Exploding Head's on the left have changed the viewing habits of many now.

I know a few folks I watched that I no longer can. 

Fox, generally speaking, I was done with pre Obie. 

I recall my son watching TV years ago when my bother came over and asked to put on FNC so he could watch the news. We all just fell silent at the irony. ;)

MSNBC ‘s “prime time” lineup sucks, generally (though Chris Hayes does some good things now and then).  

Tapper on CNN is the best.  Zakaria (despite the plagiarism) is a smart guy who has great guests on.  And Shep and Wallace are good on Fox.

Who are you watching these days?

5 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

MSNBC ‘s “prime time” lineup sucks, generally (though Chris Hayes does some good things now and then).  

Tapper on CNN is the best.  Zakaria (despite the plagiarism) is a smart guy who has great guests on.  And Shep and Wallace are good on Fox.

Who are you watching these days?

not to be politically incorrect but he is one of the folks who went all girl at Trump's actions

I generally start my day with some Gregorian Chant and Morning Joe. 

Problem is, their most level headed and analytical contributor, Mark Helprin, was bagged as part of this on going "women gate, I like them" frenzy. I am OK with Wolf at 5pm on CNN and at 7pm either Mathews or Erin on CNN. 

Mostly I just listen to music read the news. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

not to be politically incorrect but he is one of the folks who went all girl at Trump's actions

Problem is, their most level headed and analytical contributor, Mark Helprin, was bagged as part of this on going "women gate, I like them" frenzy. I am OK with Wolf at 5pm on CNN and at 7pm either Mathews or Erin on CNN. 

Agreed reading is the best.  Time to digest, think, etc.  Less prone to all the hoopla that way.

8 hours ago, noonereal said:

Gregorian chant - why am I not surprised?

8 hours ago, Bormio said:

Gregorian chant - why am I not surprised?

A cyber friend in the Netherlands sent me a 6 disc set by Choir of the Vienna Hofburgkapelle which I enjoyed disc 5 of this morning. :P

Let's not forget, Gregorian chant, along with most Classical music was the pop music of it's day. Yep, Mick Jagger and John Lennon were not the first major pop stars. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

A cyber friend in the Netherlands sent me a 6 disc set by Choir of the Vienna Hofburgkapelle which I enjoyed disc 5 of this morning. :P

Let's not forget, Gregorian chant, along with most Classical music was the pop music of it's day. Yep, Mick Jagger and John Lennon were not the first major pop stars. 

I thought Elvis and Chuck Berry were first? Or Buddy Holly?

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, noonereal said:

It APPEARS that MANY of you Left Wing whackos, have fallen victim of WINNIEGATE!:$

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, Bormio said:

I found one dumber than Mika.  On CNN they were discussing seating Roy Moore in the Senate if he won, “because the voters had spoken”.  One of the lady commentators pipes up to say “What are Democrats to do if a member of the KKK gets elected - say the voters have spoken?”  Guess she forgot one did - and the Democrats made him Majority Leader.

When she talks about jail! She's absolute correct! She just has the WRONG PARTEE!

On 1/22/2018 at 12:23 PM, noonereal said:

On 1/22/2018 at 12:25 PM, Hardcore Troubador said:

Agreed reading is the best.  Time to digest, think, etc.  Less prone to all the hoopla that way.

Can I ask which publications you guys find best to read? Are you using websites of the major new organizations or something else?

I ask because I recently subscribed to a publication and do read a site or two outside of my local paper, but none of the major outlets generally. The most television news I'm getting is a local morning show, the first half hour of the Today show, and then the Nightly News with Lester Holt. I can generally find those programs palatable.

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Are you using websites of the major new organizations or something else?

I do not follow any news outlet in any media.

I am an eclectic reader. That is, one who googles stories and have no preference for news organization. I am always very aware of a publications  political leanings because, for some damned reason, no one reports news anymore with explaining it to you.

LOL@ myself because when a story first breaks i rush to read what happened so i can think it through myself before the right and left sink their teeth in and twist it,. 

For years and years and years  I did read the NY tImes. From cover to cover. Everyday. No joke, I skipped no pages nor sections except for editorials. I have never understood why someone would read the opinion of another instead of gobbling up facts and processing it independently. It just does not make sense to me. 

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Can I ask which publications you guys find best to read? Are you using websites of the major new organizations or something else?

I ask because I recently subscribed to a publication and do read a site or two outside of my local paper, but none of the major outlets generally. The most television news I'm getting is a local morning show, the first half hour of the Today show, and then the Nightly News with Lester Holt. I can generally find those programs palatable.

IMHO, The Economist is still the best weekly magazine covering politics, international affairs, economics, etc.  

The Atlantic is also good and I like National Review and Weekly Standard some of the time (I am still a Republican, after all).

The RealClear websites (politics, world, etc.) have a pretty balanced selection of articles on any given topics.

Thats my usual.

• Like 2