SJR vs PJ The Official Non public Group 3 game Thread

LiberalDonaldTrump

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Group 5 West Orange has inquired about playing at DBP next season. Time for the Mounties to step up too!!!

That's great to hear.  The Power Point incentive should be taken advantage of by more teams.  Never understood why more public schools don’t.

Bosco should take advantage of it and accept.  West Orange was 3-6-1 this year.  Hope they know what they’re doing...

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 11:24 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Remember, SJR as a school is on 2-year probation, not just the football team. I wonder if the NJSIAA will take action. Will they find this melee troubling only 11 days after the hearing date? Only time will tell. 

not sure what your beef is with SJR...every chance you try to knock them down a peg....have many times will you say that PJ was responsible for the entire fight at the game and leading up to the fight,,,PJ was instigating.  If the NJSSIA watches the video which they have already stated they do not do bc it is outside of their protocols...and the after report from the game officials who did not recommend anyone to be thrown out....which is the only thing the NJSSIA can go on....how is SJR in trouble in any form?????   you true colors show GSB....that last second loss by Bosco to SJR must still burn..... 

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

That's great to hear.  The Power Point incentive should be taken advantage of by more teams.  Never understood why more public schools don’t.

Bosco should take advantage of it and accept.  West Orange was 3-6-1 this year.  Hope they know what they’re doing...

I think it is great for a public school to do that but to be honest it has to come as a little slap in the face at Bosco. Right after your worst season in 25 years and now a 3-6-1 public school decides that you are beatable. Geez. DBP would beat them easily but it has to sting of some disrespect.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Stop being so sensitive. Not a knock. Just facts. SJR is a valued PGL client. Gotta take the good w the bad. It's not personal, just business. 

what is the bad here...... SJR did nothing wrong....PJ provoke all game and started fight.....you have said so on another thread....not sure why are being an instigator...and far as them being a client not sure why you would voice any opinion that could be construed as negative to the people  involved in the SJR program and school...............................

13 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I think it is great for a public school to do that but to be honest it has to come as a little slap in the face at Bosco. Right after your worst season in 25 years and now a 3-6-1 public school decides that you are beatable. Geez. DBP would beat them easily but it has to sting of some disrespect.

Yeah agreed.  And why DBP and not SHP or Delbarton?  They can’t think Bosco is gonna be easier than those teams?

At least we will have Something different to look forward to next season if it gets signed.  Should be fun to watch for a quarter, maybe.

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

Yeah agreed.  And why DBP and not SHP or Delbarton?  They can’t think Bosco is gonna be easier than those teams?

Bosco won't take that game. Not because I don't think they should but I believe the current situation up in Ramsey would preclude it. If they took that game it would like they were taking a step back and accepting mediocrity as the new normal. It wouldn't go over well with the alumni.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickeybern said:

Bosco won't take that game. Not because I don't think they should but I believe the current situation up in Ramsey would preclude it. If they took that game it would like they were taking a step back and accepting mediocrity as the new normal. It wouldn't go over well with the alumni.

Never thought of that MB.  Good catch.  Off a 2-8 season, Toal leaving under bad circumstances, grumbling about football being deemphasized, etc. not a good look.

Was actually at a work event for the wife over the weekend and met a couple people in her industry who are Bosco alums.  After the initial ribbing about going to Bergen we got to talking about football, obviously.  These guys (all in their 50s, one with 2 kids who went/go there) are PISSED about Fr. Heuser and the decision to deemphasize sports.  They had some choice adjectives for that member of the esteemed religious...

Never thought of that MB.  Good catch.  Off a 2-8 season, Toal leaving under bad circumstances, grumbling about football being deemphasized, etc. not a good look.

Was actually at a work event for the wife over the weekend and met a couple people in her industry who are Bosco alums.  After the initial ribbing about going to Bergen we got to talking about football, obviously.  These guys (all in their 50s, one with 2 kids who went/go there) are PISSED about Fr. Heuser and the decision to deemphasize sports.  They had some choice adjectives for that member of the esteemed religious...

yeah..especially Bosco. They along with Bergen were the main drivers over the last decade of ridding the publics from their schedules. Hansen has been at SPP I think for 3 decades and is also the AD, he can do what he wants. But Teel is 1 year in to his tenure and went 2 and 8. 100% correct, it would rip the scab off the whole Toal situation. You could hear it now, Toal traveled all over the country to play and beat the best and this guy goes back to playing West Orange. Not a shot in hell this game happens.

• Like 1

I believe they will accept it. 20 power points in one game is hard to resist. If they beat WO this season, those extra power points make them a 4/5 seed instead of #7. Dramatically changes the NPG4 playoff picture then. 

Jesus GSB, you really think they take that game. Dear God now Non-Public 4 teams are going to do their schedule based on power points? To me you have to eventually beat the best to win a state chip. It is also I believe short sighted. If the boys in Ramsey go back to beating up on public schools and BC & Sjr don't go along I think Bosco will be seen in an inferior light by new recruits. The reason for spending the money and going to the privates in the 1st place was to play superior competition. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm not for it, but I don't think one game matters. SPP is living proof that strategic scheduling works and offers benefits ("bye" rest week, power points, etc.). 

ok but this is not SPP but DBP. SPP went kicking and screaming into this new scheduling world and Hansen still hasn't jumped in with both feet. But DBP charged into the battle carrying the flag. I hear you on the reasons why you think it is ok and I'm sure Mjd is going to agree with you because he thinks BC should follow the SPP route as well but putting cupcakes back on the schedule in order to earn power points will in my opinion create a race to the bottom over the ensuing years. Is Eastside or Kennedy Group 5??  Any takers??

I doubt any other public will follow WOs lead. Probably just going to be a one-off game. By no means do I believe this will become a trend. 

let me say this, if this game does happen and WO is again a mediocre team but makes the playoffs or gets a higher seed in those playoffs because of the monstrous amount of power points they would have received for getting on the field with Bosco you don't think other publics would take a second look at this route? I think they would. It is the flip side of your reasoning of why Bosco would consider taking the game, the power points and playoff seeding.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

let me say this, if this game does happen and WO is again a mediocre team but makes the playoffs or gets a higher seed in those playoffs because of the monstrous amount of power points they would have received for getting on the field with Bosco you don't think other publics would take a second look at this route? I think they would. It is the flip side of your reasoning of why Bosco would consider taking the game, the power points and playoff seeding.

You would think this would be the case, right?  The publics have seen Lincoln and UC do this with SPP, and Montclair and Columbia do this with SHP but this game with WO is the only other one.

If I was a public in a competitive section it seems like a no-brainer to guarantee a playoff spot.  Why not do it, right; but they don’t.

They’ll claim fear of injuries (no proof it happens more against non-public schools) or competitiveness (but Sparta dumped PJ in a competitive rivalry, and publics have no problem losing 56-0 against each other).  They just don’t like the Catholic schools.  Plain and simple.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I'm sure Mjd is going to agree with you because he thinks BC should follow the SPP route as well but putting cupcakes back on the schedule in order to earn power points

I don’t want to schedule 2 cupcakes for power points but rather a break from difficult games week in and week out. 2 cupcakes 3-4 weeks apart is ideal imo. 

Week 4 cupcake

week 8 cupcake 

I’m sure you noticed nick Saban scheduled Mercer week before auburn in the iron bowl, sat mincah, rested a bunch of banged up guys. That’s brilliant they have been game planning for auburn for 2 weeks now and will be more prepared. That’s the mastermind of Saban .... 

Ideally, nunzio should of scheduled a cupcake week before mater dei instead of archbishop wood. Another week of game planning (not like it would of mattered) but they would only have one loss instead of two. And if they beat spp for state title would finish at 11-1 with only a loss to the #1 team in the country and finish in the top 20 in national polls. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I don’t want to schedule 2 cupcakes for power points but rather a break from difficult games week in and week out. 2 cupcakes 3-4 weeks apart is ideal imo. 

Week 4 cupcake

week 8 cupcake 

I’m sure you noticed nick Saban scheduled Mercer week before auburn in the iron bowl, sat mincah, rested a bunch of banged up guys. That’s brilliant they have been game planning for auburn for 2 weeks now and will be more prepared. That’s the mastermind of Saban .... 

Ideally, nunzio should of scheduled a cupcake week before mater dei instead of archbishop wood. Another week of game planning (not like it would of mattered) but they would only have one loss instead of two. And if they beat spp for state title would finish at 11-1 with only a loss to the #1 team in the country and finish in the top 20 in national polls. 

Don’t tell HSFBFan this...😉

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Week 4 cupcake

week 8 cupcake 

I understand your thought process and you have been consistent in saying over the course of the season it does more harm than good to battle 48 minutes week in and week out. I can see your point and respect it but to me this becomes a slippery slope and it does come with 1 little caveat. Not all of the big 6 would be able to get big publics to play them. Bosco can play West Orange and SPP already has its 2 large cupcakes set up for eternity but if the others try to follow they very well could wind up with what we had over the previous 10 years, a dearth of takers on the public side. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Every year Alabama plays a cupcake the week before the iron bowl. Auburn played the Citadel. Both teams will be ready to go next week. So idk why you would call me out

And every year I recall you taking on Saban for scheduling it.  

It’s all in fun.  No one is “calling you out.”

And every year I recall you taking on Saban for scheduling it.  

It’s all in fun.  No one is “calling you out.”

Saban said the other day that he hates it. That he would love to play 12 P5 schools but nobody would ever do it. So is it smart to use the rest sure. Would i like to see 12 competitive games of course

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 9:26 PM, SJR89 said:

watch replay for the fight....cheap late hit and then pushing and jawing by Pope John....SJR did not wrong just defending themselves etc......solid win on the road.....on to metlife for the replay of last year.....congrats to DPC as well for making it...should be fun ....Vir Fidelis 

Your a total loser