GHSA Money

FootballGuy

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Is it safe to say that GHSA makes well over a million dollars during championship weekend? I mean, with ticket prices being $22 dollars times the number of people attending the games, you'd think that revenue would eclipse six figures right?

Hell....it will cost the GHSA a million to rent the stadium, pay the utilities, pay the personnel and pay the travel stipend to the teams.  Luckily...State Fromm will pick up some of the expense.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Hell....it will cost the GHSA a million to rent the stadium, pay the utilities, pay the personnel and pay the travel stipend to the teams.  Luckily...State Fromm will pick up some of the expense.

Rufus>>

While we're on the subject of money, about how much does a team get for winning their championship? Does it (the payout) vary based on classification? 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Is it safe to say that GHSA makes well over a million dollars during championship weekend? I mean, with ticket prices being $22 dollars times the number of people attending the games, you'd think that revenue would eclipse six figures right?

$22.00 is IF you buy your tickets in advance, at the schools!

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

While we're on the subject of money, about how much does a team get for winning their championship? Does it (the payout) vary based on classification? 

I wonder if a school traveling twenty miles, gets as much as one who travels 200 miles, and has to stay in a hotel for two nights? And make NO mistake! If you don't come a day early, you have NO chance at competing well! It's bad enough when the deck is stacked against SOWEGA logistically, of having to travel 2000 plus miles in a five week period! For a NORTH Georgia team! Worst case scenario would be to travel a TOTAL of 500 miles, in those same five weeks!

42 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Watch them beat Rome, too..........I think. 

And THEN, you woke up from your drunken stupor! Ain't NO way in HELL, a team who nearly screwed da pooch at Thomas Co. Central, beats ROME! They run a very similar ground oriented offense! Except that Rome has TEN TIMES the talent pool, even though they say that ALL of that SEC D level talent, comes from a town of 36,000!xD

Lets see, John Reid pulls a Dexter Wood and Jessica Simpson!(Marietta and East Paulding to Buford) And goes from getting BITCH SLAPPED TWICE by Colquitt, in a space of three seasons at Tift! And POOF, he goes to Rome the next season, and goes 30-0?xD 

6 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

I wonder if a school traveling twenty miles, gets as much as one who travels 200 miles, and has to stay in a hotel for two nights? And make NO mistake! If you don't come a day early, you have NO chance at competing well! It's bad enough when the deck is stacked against SOWEGA logistically, of having to travel 2000 plus miles in a five week period! For a NORTH Georgia team! Worst case scenario would be to travel a TOTAL of 500 miles, in those same five weeks!

Rab...I do believe the stipends are based on mileage and certain other criteria.   But the stipend doesn't even come close in covering Colquitt's costs.  The Packer Touchdown Club President is asking for donations.  Can we count you in?

Rufus>>

My understanding is all of the hotels in the perimeter were all booked already on Saturday. Some doctor convention and a Walking Dead fan function called Walker Stalker or something even had the usual place the Packers stay either booked or so severely overpriced as to be nearly impossible.

Not sure how the arrangements have worked out yet.

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

With the lack of turnout by everybody not traveling two miles this season! The GHSA is probably gonna take it on the chiny chin chin! Yet HERE they come, raising prices almost yearly! If the ONLY had a BRAIN! Lower the DAMN PRICES and LOWER the DAMN parking fees! Best case scenario is to take MARTA, at a total cost of FIVE dollars per day! And a one time $2.00 fee just cause they live in a BULLSHIT city! CONVERSELY, Tejas charges about $2.00 for admission, and FREE parking! No wonder they draw crowds of 50,000 PLUS!

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Nah, chief. I'm all middle georgia/south georgia. 

Hell, I already told you where I went to school! Lol.

Since Weiner bOObins has SUCKED for TWO DECADES! I figured you'd latched onto a new buggy?:)

By the BY, have you heard the rumor of your Rockin R's playing a REAL  opponent next season?

23 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rab...I do believe the stipends are based on mileage and certain other criteria.   But the stipend doesn't even come close in covering Colquitt's costs.  The Packer Touchdown Club President is asking for donations.  Can we count you in?

Rufus>>

Lemme find out how much I'll be paying Dr. MOM for ME, and Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain vet, today! Keep THIS up, and I will be accruing frequent flyer miles! The last vet trip last Monday, was $70.00 AMERICAN! 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

My understanding is all of the hotels in the perimeter were all booked already on Saturday. Some doctor convention and a Walking Dead fan function called Walker Stalker or something even had the usual place the Packers stay either booked or so severely overpriced as to be nearly impossible.

Not sure how the arrangements have worked out yet.

Sounds about right. Atlanta also has the college football awards on Thursday, so that adds to the booked up hotel rooms. Hell, I planned on staying in Atlanta for the weekend (Marriott Marquis) and the rooms were booked already.

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I see you haven't gotten over the 2011 loss at the Mac.

And I'll take my alma mater's football history over Colquitt's and your beloved Jones County any day. 

MY beloved Jones county?xD I've lived here almost six years, and I know ONE kid who ever attended JOCO! And she left early to take classes on line, and at the Middle Georgia Technical College!! Cause the local kids are CLOWNS! I've seen EXACTLY TWO JOCO games! And they lost BOTH GAMES!!

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Sounds about right. Atlanta also has the college football awards on Thursday, so that adds to the booked up hotel rooms. Hell, I planned on staying in Atlanta for the weekend (Marriott Marquis) and the rooms were booked already.

But lets NOT forget! The ATL IS a NEUTRAL SITE!xD