two teams, two states, one kid, one season

sausmann9

16 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Not athletically motivated? Sure. 

YOU of all people, should talk! MD just HAPPENED to have more DI talent this season, than the rest of their league COMBINED? And it was ALL due to COACHING? Did da Stache all of a sudden have an epiphany, and become the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi?xD

8 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

YOU of all people, should talk! MD just HAPPENED to have more DI talent this season, than the rest of their league COMBINED? And it was ALL due to COACHING? Did da Stache all of a sudden have an epiphany, and become the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi?xD

Ummm .... I have no affiliation with Mater Dei. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes you do. Your alma mater lost to them by 48. #transitively

If anybody from BC reached out to me, I would of told them Nunzio would be foolish to schedule the game. 

MD never schedules oos games .... than all the sudden they call up the 3 time defending national champs from Las Vegas. 

Huge red flag. 

And save the playing better teams stuff make you a better team argument. 

MD wanted to play BC to embarrass them with an IMG esque super team they formed .... and that’s exactly what happened. 

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Why did Mater Dei want to play BC to embarrass them?

MD wanted to (and would have) embarrassed any oos team they played this last year. They wanted to catch the biggest fish and it started with Bishop Gorman but MD also wanted to reel in another a solid national program to play and blow out. I’m biased but I consider BC a nationally relevant program. 

For the record, I Dont have a problem with it but coaches need to have more clear dialogue of expectations for their teams in upcoming seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

MD wanted to (and would have) embarrassed any oos team they played this last year. They wanted to catch the biggest fish and it started with Bishop Gorman but MD also wanted to reel in another a solid national program to play and blow out. I’m biased but I consider BC a nationally relevant program. 

For the record, I Dont have a problem with it but coaches need to have more clear dialogue of expectations for their teams in upcoming seasons. 

OK, so they didn't specifically want BC -- just wanted a national team to play, and BC happened to be that team. Makes sense. I didn't think there was bad blood between MD and BC.

Just now, maxchoboian said:

OK, so they didn't specifically want BC -- just wanted a national team to play, and BC happened to be that team. Makes sense. I didn't think there was bad blood between MD and BC.

No bad blood. 

It’s simple .... MD knew they were going to be loaded so they got on the horn and for the first time wanted to mix it up in oos games. Nunzio didn’t know they were going to be THAT good. 

14 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

No bad blood. 

It’s simple .... MD knew they were going to be loaded so they got on the horn and for the first time wanted to mix it up in oos games. Nunzio didn’t know they were going to be THAT good. 

How could Nunz not know they were that good? Everyone had them as one of the top teams in the country. If it was up to you Nunz would be playing Hudson County teams every week. 

5 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

How could Nunz not know they were that good? Everyone had them as one of the top teams in the country. If it was up to you Nunz would be playing Hudson County teams every week. 

Ideally two legit oos games early. 

Two cupcakes first in week 3 or 4 followed by another  one in week 7 or 8. 

I would love for BC to schedule sta, allen, or Dls. 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

If anybody from BC reached out to me, I would of told them Nunzio would be foolish to schedule the game. 

MD never schedules oos games .... than all the sudden they call up the 3 time defending national champs from Las Vegas. 

Huge red flag. 

And save the playing better teams stuff make you a better team argument. 

MD wanted to play BC to embarrass them with an IMG esque super team they formed .... and that’s exactly what happened. 

Smart observation. 👍