2018 Bergen Catholic Football

BCMAN

12 minutes ago, robert pierz said:

I think what he was referring to , with 2022 kids, is kids that are in middle school and start high school in September. Not current hs students

No I understood what he meant .... just crazy to me all these coaches have 8th graders cell phone numbers. That could get messy, if not than but in future when they have been at a HS for a year or two and are possibly disgruntled to poach players (which Is/has happened) 

Technology I guess. 

27 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

No I understood what he meant .... just crazy to me all these coaches have 8th graders cell phone numbers. That could get messy, if not than but in future when they have been at a HS for a year or two and are possibly disgruntled to poach players (which Is/has happened) 

Technology I guess. 

I" am not sure he meant that literally.  I dont think they , as an individuals , are being hounded by recdruiters. What i saw at Bosco was something like 20 Brick City Lions kids at a game. I think maybe , in reality, their coaches handle that.

But GSB is closer then me so i accept his call

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You mean you're not gonna find fault with this move? You're slipping! 

Would have been more self awarding if he could have changed SHP to a winning team but i guess that would been some sort of a miracle. Will have better athletes at BC. Would be kinda curious if Nunzio moves on to Rutgers if he didnt win a state title this past fall?? How long will Nunzio last at Rutgers if Rutgers keeps struggling in Big Ten

• Like 1

I guess the acrimonious relationship between Nunz and McGovern did not spill over to the overall family. Actually I would say a very good move, if it is true, by the BC admin.  Most incoming frosh I think would be more easily persuaded to play for Nunzs' brother than someone entirely different. A semblance of continuity is important here.

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Everyone except you would've made the same move to coach at the next level while doubling one's salary. FYI the coaches get paid the same amount every two weeks whether they win 12 games or no games. Even if Ash gets fired in the coming years, Nunz is now a college coach with strong ties to NJ hsfb, which is considered a premium in the world of college coaching. He'll never have job security problems. 

I would have made the same move as him if it was a good team with a winning record not the bottom of the barrel. You can pay me 300K to be part of OSU Alabama USC Oklahoma Clemson etc etc.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Everyone except you would've made the same move to coach at the next level while doubling one's salary. FYI the coaches get paid the same amount every two weeks whether they win 12 games or no games. Even if Ash gets fired in the coming years, Nunz is now a college coach with strong ties to NJ hsfb, which is considered a premium in the world of college coaching. He'll never have job security problems. 

being told that you might be on the low end by saying doubling..the # I am told is most likely higher than that

I'd assume the RU job pays around $300k. Guessing Nunz was making around $150-175 based on the other BNU HC salaries. 

yes and with the camps probably close to $200k all in..but the new job is probably closer to the $400k area..speculation from a person who kinda knows what they get paid

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'd assume the RU job pays around $300k based on what the former WR coach was making. Estimating Nunz was making around $150-175 at BC based on the other BNU HC salaries. 

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/rutgers/2016/12/07/pay-rutgers-football-assistants-lags-behind-big-ten/95085836/

RB coaches were making 180K. Article is from 2016

Running backs coach Zak Kuhr at $185,000

That was two years ago. It had to increase as Nunz was making more than that at BC. 

Maybe. It was the end of the 2016 season that article was published. And we just concluded 2017 season. So it was 1 year ago. Maybe he didnt go for the money. Went because he wanted to be in college football. Either way hes going to Rutgers. Have to see what kind of RB they get in 2019. will rutgers make a run at Berger

Just now, HSFBfan said:

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/rutgers/2016/12/07/pay-rutgers-football-assistants-lags-behind-big-ten/95085836/

RB coaches were making 180K. Article is from 2016

Running backs coach Zak Kuhr at $185,000

understand but these things are done on an individual basis. Rutgers is clearly making a business decision to put money to work in the program. As you yourself have said, they joined the Big 10 for the money and here you have it being put to work. To them this is an investment in a money making enterprise, and Nunz is an upgrade in their view.  

Just now, Mickeybern said:

understand but these things are done on an individual basis. Rutgers is clearly making a business decision to put money to work in the program. As you yourself have said, they joined the Big 10 for the money and here you have it being put to work. To them this is an investment in a money making enterprise, and Nunz is an upgrade in their view.  

Only thing I dont understand is why RB coach?? Wr coach yes...QB coach yes....Why take RB coach?? And yea Rutgers joining the BIG was certainly a business decision. Maybe like you said they are investing more back into the program. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Only thing I dont understand is why RB coach?? Wr coach yes...QB coach yes....Why take RB coach?? And yea Rutgers joining the BIG was certainly a business decision. Maybe like you said they are investing more back into the program. 

he's an offensive guy all around and with his experience he can handle any of those jobs. The big thing for Rutgers is his credibility in New Jersey football and his ability to handle young kids and to recruit them. It is a building block situation and Ash is attempting to lay the foundation. You can't recruit out of state if you can't recruit in-state. And to the investment part of the equation it makes perfect sense. Just cashing the check isn't the big payoff. The more you win the more you make. 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It’s not about the position it about his connections to the BNU

also gets his foot in the door for HC down the road 

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

he's an offensive guy all around and with his experience he can handle any of those jobs. The big thing for Rutgers is his credibility in New Jersey football and his ability to handle young kids and to recruit them. It is a building block situation and Ash is attempting to lay the foundation. You can't recruit out of state if you can't recruit in-state. And to the investment part of the equation it makes perfect sense. Just cashing the check isn't the big payoff. The more you win the more you make. 

Well every conference has revenue sharing right....so Rutgers gets a part of the the BIG check at the end of the year. Like you said you have to invest back in the program in order to get something out of it. Between BC and DBP they have recruits that can greatly help rutgers. Berger Morant Johnson McKenzie etc etc. Well see if rutgers makes a run at the top kids in the state

You take any position coach oppty to get your foot into the door at the next level. Let me put it to you this way so you can better understand:

Jon Doe works at the local post office. He makes $5 per hour. He gets the oppty to make $15 per hour at another post office in a better, nicer town. Understand now? 

But is Rutgers a better situation then BC at this point....forget the money.....talent on the field.....Rutgers will have to compete with Michigan OSU and even BC for recruits out of NJ. At Bergen he was getting the kids he wanted and now with a ring in his pocket and the downswing of programs like DBP more recruits would come to Bergen Catholic under him. I hope the job works out for him at Rutgers. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

But is Rutgers a better situation then BC at this point....forget the money.....talent on the field.....Rutgers will have to compete with Michigan OSU and even BC for recruits out of NJ. At Bergen he was getting the kids he wanted and now with a ring in his pocket and the downswing of programs like DBP more recruits would come to Bergen Catholic under him. I hope the job works out for him at Rutgers. 

he is raising a family..this isn't about high school football rings it is always about the money..Period. I get up and go to work in the morning for the MONEY!!!  No other reason..and wife and kids could give a shit less of whether I'm enjoying myself or not.

Just now, Mickeybern said:

he is raising a family..this isn't about high school football rings it is always about the money..Period. I get up and go to work in the morning for the MONEY!!!  No other reason..and wife and kids could give a shit less of whether I'm enjoying myself or not.

#OneofAmericasProblems #Alwaysaboutthemoney