2018 Bergen Catholic Football

BCMAN

Why is it... Now that GA and NJ finally play, you have nothing to say NOR?

Figured you wouldve been the 1st in line, I mean youve been telling us how superior NJs top teams are for years... Youve been saying you want the 2 states to play for years, now that they do... You dont mention it at all...

Ok I am late to this friggin thread since I have been drunk most of the weekend..The timing of this resignation is terrible. First, like GSB said deposits are due this week for holding a spot for next year's freshman class. Second, the QB situation has just become a bigger question mark! I had a lot more confidence of Boels maturation under Nunz's guidance. Lastly, Karcich? Really?? TK was an incredible coach but I'm sorry his age is problem here. Part of Nunzio's success of getting good talent was I believe his youth. We need someone young who can bring dynamism to the game plan. Older coaches have their role but as a head coach in the BNU I would want someone under 50.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree, but many of BCs board members and high-profile donors played for TK during his nine year tenure at the school from '74-'82. And they all love him. To them he's a "BC Guy."

Younger BC alum, Fabish, is doing too well at Columbia to take this perceived step back. Don't think McGovern wants to "deal" with another Campanile in Vito. Players and coaches would leave if GOAT got the job. I've been told Sabella isn't interested. 

Would a current BC staffer/alum like Santoli or DeBellis be candidates??  

I'll have to check with regards to whether the assistants have a shot at this but the bigger concern for me is the freshman class..I was told recently that the incoming class was expected to be very strong 

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Karcich is clearly the front-runner for the HC job.

GOAT is lobbying for it, but he'll never get it. Too much animosity between he and the other assistants. 

They need to move swiftly in order to keep their incoming 2022 recruits interested and committed as the registration deadline in 2/10. 

Next 24-48 hours will be chaotic in Oradell. 

I have no info on any of this..little shocked Nunz leaving but it always he seemed he was meant for college....good luck to him and great hire by Rutgers.....would be bummed if TK went to BC.....but it is what it is.....I would think they would want a younger coach....to compete with Auggie and Teel for recruiting etc unless there is no former BC alum to take it up....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Cmon TK was forgetting our names Junior and senior year and that was 2010 .. I’m in complete shock He wants to wait to till 2018 to want to be a head coach again ...cmon I feel like if he goes back to BC ... he will burn every bridge he had at joes 

there is a contingent of BC alums that actually do want to go back to the future but there are many of us that would not be happy with a TK hire. We need to stay with the same philosophy we have had over the last 8 years. It was a slow uneven build but the youth of Nunz and the consistency he brought allowed us to get to the top and to put the program in the best situation it has been in in over a decade.  Now we are suppose to go backwards and relive the glory days when Boston was on the charts and the Bad News Bears was playing in the theaters. Jesus

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Can you confirm that Coach Carty has been named interim HC? 

waiting to hear on the confirmation GSB but it wouldn't be surprising.  This situation is going to play out over the next several weeks. They have to get a committee together to interview prospective candidates, which is why the timing of this is so bad. 

• Thanks 1

this is Darren Coopers reply to TK possibly being the new HC at BC.....

Ummm, I dont really think so. 

Darren Cooper

Local Sports Columnist

NorthJersey.com | The Record

PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK

Mobile: 201.937.3082

Office: 973.586.8181

CooperD@NorthJersey.com

Instagram: VarsityAces

Twitter: @VarsityAces

Snap: Varsity-Aces 

NorthJersey.com