Whiteshoes Top 100 - Season Final

whiteshoes

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

lol

When, in the future, over the course of the entire year, based solely on the last game? 

and you can't say this IS the criteria when we know there is so much more for different polls...

you can't wish away reality and differing opinion.

No... Not the last game, thats not what I said... Thats you doing what you do and twisting words... The last half of the season matters more than the 1st half though.. Sure the beginning matters a LITTLE, but teams change A LOT over 4 months... Theres a lot to consider.

If a team lost their 1st 3 games to teams A, B, and C... But got revenge and beat A, B, & C in the playoffs... You can literally throw away those 1st 3 games. Teams grow... Thats 3-4 months of playing football, lifting weights, receiving coaching, and the biggest thing... Gaining chemistry and learning what your team is and isnt good at... Things change.

SoS is simply a platform to show how good a team is, also.

19 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Well, Allen was not the best team in TX even though they came out with the win in the final. I think we can all agree on that. 

I think you would have plenty of people disagree.

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Quick question, If Allen played IMg or MD's schedule, how many losses would they likely have had? 

Sounds like you think Allen would not have done as well as IMG or MD with their schedules. That's fair for you to feel how you do. But it doesn't make it a "reasoned analysis."

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

No... Not the last game, thats not what I said... Thats you doing what you do and twisting words... The last half of the season matters more than the 1st half though.. Sure the beginning matters a LITTLE, but teams change A LOT over 4 months... Theres a lot to consider.

If a team lost their 1st 3 games to teams A, B, and C... But got revenge and beat A, B, & C in the playoffs... You can literally throw away those 1st 3 games. Teams grow... Thats 3-4 months of playing football, lifting weights, receiving coaching, and the biggest thing... Gaining chemistry and learning what your team is and isnt good at... Things change.

The other factor to consider is the "actual" strength of teams A  B C.  Which may not, in reality be Top 50 quality.   Also losing to an equally unvetted team D raises concerns as to the relative strength of team X in comparison to actual vetted Top 60 teams 

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Thanks Fly! Always appreciate your kind words. lol

Quick question, If Allen played IMg or MD's schedule, how many losses would they likely have had? 

I'll trust you to be honest. Mind you, we all saw Allen's last game. 

Both of those teams are ranked higher than Allen and are probably better, so what exactly is your point with about THEIR schedules?  I could ask the same question for any team not named MD or IMG for that matter in how well they would have done with the schedules.

However, if they played MDs schedule, SJB in the second game would have been their biggest challenge and potential loss. 

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

The last half of the season matters more than the 1st half though.. Sure the beginning matters a LITTLE, but teams change A LOT over 4 months... Theres a lot to consider.

seems your what a poll should be rules are all over the place. 

and now we are throwing away the first 3 games of the season?

(The games where national powers tend to meet)

You went from 1st half not so important to completely ignoring..... 

You are making my point, there is no set criteria for a poll except in algorithms (why I favor them)

Guess what, if they met a 3rd time we may get a repeat of the first time.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

And that's your OPINION.  ...

It sure is

It's very different playing quality teams week in and week out. Very good teams will lose games. 

Tx like GA plays very weak regular season schedules for teams that are nationally recognized. 

then they all go into a tournament format where someone, by design, must win.

this can make things very misleading...

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

It sure is

It's very different playing quality teams week in and week out. Very good teams will lose games. 

Tx like GA plays very weak regular season schedules for teams that are nationally recognized. 

then they all go into a tournament format where someone, by design, must win.

this can make things very misleading...

No actually we don't play weak teams bc our talent is much better than what you typically see from most states.

dont think Tx kids are impact players?  Just look at the college scene and we are well represented.  We can look at this closer if you'd like....

same goes for GA.  Let's make a bet, Grayson will embarrass the hell outta BC next year and make them look like a JV team, but Grayson will have battles within GA like they routInely do.  Care to wager it's a 3-4 TD win?

Just now, maxchoboian said:

IMHO, if Allen played MD's schedule they would not have come away with 5 losses.

how many you think? I like to consider other opinions. 

don't forget, unless you feel Allen was at the level of IMG or MD, they are gonna not only lose to a better team but also drop a game or two that they would win if they faced fluff from week to week. 

Getting up for a big game is VERY different than week to week combat. 

more is not better

you realize you also have some of the worse teams in the country, right?

I'm not evaluating the worst teams, we are talking about the best teams.  And the talent is very relevant, especially if it's utilized properly with solid coaching, which our top programs have.

nonethless, let's make the bet about Grayson...loser leaves the forum forever and not resurrect themselves under another name.

how many you think? I like to consider other opinions. 

don't forget, unless you feel Allen was at the level of IMG or MD, they are gonna not only lose to a better team but also drop a game or two that they would win if they faced fluff from week to week. 

Getting up for a big game is VERY different than week to week combat. 

MD don't face tough competition week to week, you'd know this if you watched their opponents,

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

IMHO, if Allen played MD's schedule they would not have come away with 5 losses.

SJB

SJB

The Bishop

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

nonethless, let's make the bet about Grayson...loser leaves the forum forever and not resurrect themselves under another name.

You already "left the forum"

multiple times ....

Just now, Horsefly said:

I'm not evaluating the worst teams, we are talking about the best teams.  And the talent is very relevant, especially if it's utilized properly with solid coaching, which our top programs have.

LOL, don't you run away from the forum regularly? Swearing to be gone for good? 

Why yes you do. 

It is a good tact for you as you are ill equipped to deal with adversity. 

So I'll just wait for you to hide again, in a very public pronouncement as usual. 

Should not have gone there....

---------------------------------------

You do realize that only 11 at a time are on the field? That privates have talent from all over coming together? Hence you can have more talent in the state, spread out over a thousand miles and a little place like Maryland or North NJ can be better because of the imbalances of in accumulating talent.

Be honest, do you have any clue as to how powerful the power of perception is and how it impacts opinions on TX football?  

-------------------------------------------

I held back in this post, to be polite. Just sayin'.