Plea to Bernie Sanders

noonereal

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Yes, it would be a good mental exercise for you. Gotta tighten up and grow the muscles if your going to lose weight and look and feel good. The brain is mostly muscle!

Ive posted many times why DJT is doing a great job in the WH. Go back and look at the posts. 

#MakingtheBusinessDecisions. Cutting down on illegal immigrants. Calling out congress daily to get things done. Looking out for America. Booming an economy. 3% GDP growth for multiple quarters. Bringing companies back to the USA. And now with these memos that should be released life is looking great for America. 

Globalization should end. And it looks like its headed that way

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Very much my reaction to your "Trump is a despot" schtick.

Which included basically nothing tyrannical nor autocratic and thus didn't even begin to match the meaning of the word "despotic".

Concha, Trump has not been able, yet, to realize his despotic tendencies because this country has time tested checks and balances. Put him in charge of your typical "Third World" country or one of the formerly communist Eastern European countries and he would fully act out on his instincts. 

For now, all he has been able to accomplish is further money for the Trump portfolio as a result of his Presidency. However, his attacks on the press and the national security apparatus have set the stage for the next chapter. 

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ive posted many times why DJT is doing a great job in the WH. Go back and look at the posts. 

#MakingtheBusinessDecisions. Cutting down on illegal immigrants. Calling out congress daily to get things done. Looking out for America. Booming an economy. 3% GDP growth for multiple quarters. Bringing companies back to the USA. And now with these memos that should be released life is looking great for America. 

Globalization should end. And it looks like its headed that way

Glad you made your list. Read and reread it. See if there are any contradictions within it.

While you are at it, why don't you bone up on your math. Kahn's Academy gives some great, free lessons. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Concha, Trump has not been able, yet, to realize his despotic tendencies because this country has time tested checks and balances. Put him in charge of your typical "Third World" country or one of the formerly communist Eastern European countries and he would fully act out on his instincts. 

For now, all he has been able to accomplish is further money for the Trump portfolio as a result of his Presidency. However, his attacks on the press and the national security apparatus have set the stage for the next chapter. 

You realize, of course, that you are just making shit up with this stuff?

Don't be Chip or this Block/Folsom clown. You're too smart for that.

Just now, DarterBlue said:

It's okay, my friend, I won't; if it seems right to you, then that's all that matters. 

Yep. Like i said obama vision of globalization is dead. Its time to worry about the USA. Its time to reign in on immigration. Trump wont go the extreme that I would like him go to go but I understand why he wont. Id like to see more population control. Over 300 million in this country is wayyyy too much. Heres a stat i heard yesterday 51% of the working population which is around 180 million makes around 30k a year. 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yep. Like i said obama vision of globalization is dead. Its time to worry about the USA. Its time to reign in on immigration. Trump wont go the extreme that I would like him go to go but I understand why he wont. Id like to see more population control. Over 300 million in this country is wayyyy too much. Heres a stat i heard yesterday 51% of the working population which is around 180 million makes around 30k a year. 

Where did you get this statistic? Why do you think this is so? 

In classic economic theory, if unemployment is low, that is labor is in short supply, employers should be paying higher wages. What is preventing this?

Can blame it on greed. Can blame it on a couple of things i presume. Cutting into profits is not what companies and stock holders want to hear. 

19 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Can blame it on greed. Can blame it on a couple of things i presume. Cutting into profits is not what companies and stock holders want to hear. 

Yes, but how do you provide quality products and services in demand if you won't pay higher wages to competent labor? 

How should this be addressed as a matter of policy and by whom?

No, I am asking how do you maintain prices of products if wages don't go up? I am also asking why is economic theory not behaving as it should since labor markets appear tight? Wages should be going up.

You cant. You would see an increase in the price of goods. But if your making more money and as you said in economic theory it should be then you can afford the increase in the price of goods

32 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You cant. You would see an increase in the price of goods. But if your making more money and as you said in economic theory it should be then you can afford the increase in the price of goods

But as you said, wages are pretty stagnant. You said it was reported that a large number of individuals are working for $31k per year win full time jobs. Something seems amiss. I am curious to know why this is so. And, I am curious as to what your solution is, if you agree that these wages seem too low?

But as you said, wages are pretty stagnant. You said it was reported that a large number of individuals are working for $31k per year win full time jobs. Something seems amiss. I am curious to know why this is so. And, I am curious as to what your solution is, if you agree that these wages seem too low?

Wages are low but they are what they are obv for a reason. I thought that the percentage of people working for 30k or less was high but when it comes to certain parts of the country you dont have to make a lot to be comfortable. Wages have been stagnant since the 80s. While everything else increases. I dont know if there is a solution. Work more has always been the answer given to me

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Wages are low but they are what they are obv for a reason. I thought that the percentage of people working for 30k or less was high but when it comes to certain parts of the country you dont have to make a lot to be comfortable. Wages have been stagnant since the 80s. While everything else increases. I dont know if there is a solution. Work more has always been the answer given to me

Something is remiss. If you have to work more for stagnant wages, don't you think you are getting hosed, assuming productivity has not declined (hint, it has increased)? At some stage would it not be better to walk away from such a system or fight to change it?

Or should you just suck it up and continue to live and work in, as Gerald Celente calls it, Slavelandia?

• Haha 1

Something is remiss. If you have to work more for stagnant wages, don't you think you are getting hosed, assuming productivity has not declined (hint, it has increased)? At some stage would it not be better to walk away from such a system or fight to change it?

Or should you just suck it up and continue to live and work in, as Gerald Celente calls it, Slavelandia?

But if your gonna fight for more wages you run the risk of losing your job esp in low skill or entry level employment due to the rise of technology. They dont need you to be making 15 bucks an hour with days off and such when you can be replaced by a machine. Healthcare prices are also affecting people income. People are paying a very high number for their healthcare which means less take home from their jobs. The system is to try to get the best job you can either thru traditional schools or vocational training. There is money to be made in this country and you can still make a good living wage. But things today such as gas, cars, etc are more money. Which means you may have to work more overtime in order to put aside money for what you want or you have to move to a place where you can afford. I think people have lost sight of something though. Everyone just wants more. Nothing is good enough. People want more money, more cars, more vacations etc etc... They are never content and i think thats a huge problem

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But if your gonna fight for more wages you run the risk of losing your job esp in low skill or entry level employment due to the rise of technology. They dont need you to be making 15 bucks an hour with days off and such when you can be replaced by a machine. Healthcare prices are also affecting people income. People are paying a very high number for their healthcare which means less take home from their jobs. The system is to try to get the best job you can either thru traditional schools or vocational training. There is money to be made in this country and you can still make a good living wage. But things today such as gas, cars, etc are more money. Which means you may have to work more overtime in order to put aside money for what you want or you have to move to a place where you can afford. I think people have lost sight of something though. Everyone just wants more. Nothing is good enough. People want more money, more cars, more vacations etc etc... They are never content and i think thats a huge problem

I can actually agree with some of what you say above. You have identified some of the problems, but you are a bit light on solutions. Could it be that this is untenable? If employers don't need the employees because they can use automation, who is going to buy their products, the robots?

Or is going to end with gas chambers as redundant humans are gassed or otherwise put out of their misery since they can't compete with automation and can't afford the products?