Dollar drops to 3-year low after Mnuchin praises weak US currency

RedZone

8 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Eh.  More exports that way.  Good for manufacturing.  Bad if you wanna travel abroad or buy an imported car (though even foreign companies base manufacturing operations in the US).

I think you want you the dollar strong, but that's just me.

A weaker dollar could also have repercussions on stocks, corporate bonds and other risky investments. 

What do I know though. I do know you shouldn't fuck with it and play games. xD

It can blow up, you know that.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

I think you want you the dollar strong, but that's just me.

A weaker dollar could also have repercussions on stocks, corporate bonds and other risky investments. 

What do I know though. I do know you shouldn't fuck with it and play games. xD

It can blow up, you know that.

Very true.  

And I cringe every time any time of “policy announcement” comes out of this administration.  Talk about fucking things up!

• Like 2

There is no policy with this administration.

If you want to know what Trump's next move is, figure out which reporter said something nice about him and then see what that reporter has been suggesting or talking up.

You will soon figure out where Trump's policies come from.

Fox and Friends. xD

Infowars. xD

Breitbart. xD

Those are the policy makers in the USA right now. As sad as that is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

The next bubble is upon us.

I wouldn't say that.

I'm not sure though how much more steam the "dollar" is suppose to lose and we all feel great about it......what's the plan, stan?

Maybe these Albert Einsteins know what they are doing, maybe they don't either.

Stay tuned!

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is no policy with this administration.

If you want to know what Trump's next move is, figure out which reporter said something nice about him and then see what that reporter has been suggesting or talking up.

You will soon figure out where Trump's policies come from.

Fox and Friends. xD

Infowars. xD

Breitbart. xD

Those are the policy makers in the USA right now. As sad as that is. 

Yeah!!!

You tell'em, Hawg!

All these friggin' Trumptards with their low unemployment, record unemployment for minorities,  strong GDP growth, manufacturing growth, tax cuts...

Fuckin' idiots.

Don't they know the way to go is higher unemployment, shitty GDP growth, as many minorities out-of-work and on food stamps as possible, manufacturing continuing to head overseas...

Morons.

• Haha 1

Well, folks around me are starting to get nervous. Businesses and contractors etc. 

They all love the big talk, but most are thinking inside of 2 years we are going to fall flat again.

In other words, get it while you can. 

The economy at the current rate is not sustainable. It gets like this every single time that we deregulate and cut taxes. Fast spurt of growth and a bomb. 

It just seems like the deregulation cheerleaders forget the lows. I know in reality they don't care about the lows though, because they're banking right now and will probably have to have their arms tied in their casket to keep them from reaching for that one last dollar before they throw dirt on them. 

It's all the masses that I can't quite understand how they keep snowed and following. Seems like that's getting more difficult which is why we see this extreme rhetoric lately. That's what it takes to get them back onto your wagon. Appeal to some primal instinct or racist bone or nationalist bone.

We're gonna pay for this shit eventually. 

30 minutes ago, concha said:

Yeah!!!

You tell'em, Hawg!

All these friggin' Trumptards with their low unemployment, record unemployment for minorities,  strong GDP growth, manufacturing growth, tax cuts...

Fuckin' idiots.

Don't they know the way to go is higher unemployment, shitty GDP growth, as many minorities out-of-work and on food stamps as possible, manufacturing continuing to head overseas...

Morons.

Why so angry, little hannity?

Just now, RedZone said:

Why so angry, little hannity?

They know that generally, people have caught on to the game and are sharing what they know.

It's why they hate all media that doesn't grovel at the feet of the right wing media's puppet also. 

Nobody said they want higher unemployment or anything like whatever all he went on about anyway.

My personal preference economically is that we go through 10 to 15 years or longer of prosperity before seeing a crash or major dip. The norm is something between 5 to 7 years. The quicker you go up, the quicker you go down. 2013-14 through 2016 the economy was on a pretty good incline with all indications that it would continue, 2016 through 2018 incline adjusts to an elevator. Two directions. Up or down. Up for now, which isn't a bad thing if you are on the elevator and know which floor to get off on.

Anyway, 2013-2018 is 5 years. 5 to 7 is the norm. The beginning of the ending is every time rocket fuel gets poured in. 

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody said they want higher unemployment or anything like whatever all he went on about anyway.

That's everyday when discussing, trump. The dude will snap like a twig> hannity like.

Anyways, there's much wisdom in what you posted or is it really just common sense? B|

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's everyday when discussing, trump. The dude will snap like a twig> hannity like.

Anyways, there's much wisdom in what you posted or is it really just common sense? B|

Common sense/wisdom tomato/tomahto

Basically it's just as simple as having lived through enough of the ups and downs to see the pattern. I didn't even have to google, turn on any news or anything to come up with my numbers. Just check in to the old memory banks and see how it goes. Between that and knowing a lot of folks on the ground level of the economy. The ones to see the drop first. I usually listen to the old timers in the building markets. They know stuff without watching "Mad Money". xD

• Like 1