Flu

noonereal

This flu season is the worst, as predicted, since 2009. 

What was done to protect us? Big Pharma has been successful in getting the CDC to spend millions on the erroneous notion that the best protection against the flu is to get a flu shot. This year it has gone so far as to shame those who do not with a new add campaign, "Meet the Shot Dodgers."

Meantime, also as predicted, the flu shot offers protection to roughly only 10% of the people who receive the shot and contract this years most dominate strain! This is because in spite of the fact that the correct virus was anticipated, mutations in the eggs used to make the vaccine offer a 90% failure rate.  

Now mind you, only two countries on the globe even recommend the flu shot as it's ineffectiveness is recognized. (BTW, my own doctor did not even know this) 

Imagine if the CDC spent all that money on better prevention tips.

Like ordering all food workers to wear masks and wash their hands hourly.

Encouraging sick folks to stay home instead of pressuring employees to come in or giving kids awards for perfect attendance. 

Advise the general public to use alcohol wipes on all door handles 3 times a day, particularly at stores, schools, gas stations.

Insist that all shopping cart handles are cleaned 3 times per day.

There are so many preventatives that would be so much more effective than the flu shot but Big Pharma would not get a cut.  

7 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Exercise, get flu shot, take supplements,especially high dose Vitamin C, at least 80 ozs of water a day, with lemon is good, wash hands a lot or use hand cleaner....I've had two colds and one flu that I cured myself in about 40 years.....

31 years of life never had the flu and cant even tell you when I had a cold. Get sleep thats very important. You may think you can survive on 6 hours of sleep. But try to get 10-13 hours a night

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Keep it up....Great.. After 36-37 things will start to change,however,in my fifties, I was very good and strong...Go to lef.org...Go info on health protocols...GSB and I have met, he knows..

I guess so. I always make sure I get sleep. People really neglect sleep in this society and they wear their bodies down killing their immune system. Also they turn the heat up too high in their house exposing themselves to more germs. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

There are so many preventatives that would be so much more effective than the flu shot but Big Pharma would not get a cut.  

Funny I think we are in total agreement on this one...

Don't even get me started on 'allergies' either.....xD

I understand HSFBfan's point about immune systems, as I was also so blessed (actual percent is about 10% for people with this), But a word of caution for him, go ahead and live your life as carefree, but when you get older keep an eye out for signs that your 'hyperactive' or otherwise strong immune system is not killing your own body as well...

Gone are the days where you could subjugate yourself to yearly doctor's checkups as sufficient.  These days one must consider themselves as the manager of their own health.....and doctors give you nothing more than being your high priced consultants for their money.....much like your car mechanic is....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

Funny I think we are in total agreement on this one...

Don't even get me started on 'allergies' either.....xD

I understand HSFBfan's point about immune systems, as I was also so blessed (actual percent is about 10% for people with this), But a word of caution for him, go ahead and live your life as carefree, but when you get older keep an eye out for signs that your 'hyperactive' or otherwise strong immune system is not killing your own body as well...

Gone are the days where you could subjugate yourself to yearly doctor's checkups as sufficient.  These days one must consider themselves as the manager of their own health.....and doctors give you nothing more than being your high priced consultants for their money.....much like your car mechanic is....  

People create their own sickness. I never understood how people are so sickly all the time. its actually quite disguesting

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

People create their own sickness. I never understood how people are so sickly all the time. its actually quite disguesting

The mind is powerful, sometimes more so than the body...

We are all exposed to 'sickness'.  When I was younger l used to run a couple miles whenever I felt something trying to get after me (would not necessarily recommend it, but that's probably what you do too) and that never failed to do the trick.  Yes sickness always has a heavy 'mindset' attached to it, but most don't have an immune system that works like this, so...  

Just now, dbcaptiron said:

The mind is powerful, sometimes more so than the body...

We are all exposed to 'sickness'.  When I was younger l used to run a couple miles whenever I felt something trying to get after me (would not necessarily recommend it, but that's probably what you do too) and that never failed to do the trick.  Yes sickness always has a heavy 'mindset' attached to it, but most don't have an immune system that works like this, so...  

I feel bad for people that dont have an immune system like we do. Lot of people dont keep houses clean as they should be contributing to a breakdown in their immune system as well. It takes constant care of your dwelling and the air around you. Like i said before people believe they can survive on 6 hours of sleep a night and they can but they are doing harm to their immune system by not having it as strong as they can have it. There is a real problem with people schedules and such and they are not getting proper rest hurting themselves. 

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I feel bad for people that dont have an immune system like we do. Lot of people dont keep houses clean as they should be contributing to a breakdown in their immune system as well. It takes constant care of your dwelling and the air around you. Like i said before people believe they can survive on 6 hours of sleep a night and they can but they are doing harm to their immune system by not having it as strong as they can have it. There is a real problem with people schedules and such and they are not getting proper rest hurting themselves. 

Everything is always a double edged sword, and everyone has a different metabolism...

That is why you must know your own body, and coordinate that knowledge with your high priced consultant doctor.  Because, where 'blanket rules' don't always apply, you would otherwise die.......

Just now, dbcaptiron said:

Everything is always a double edged sword, and everyone has a different metabolism...

That is why you must know your own body, and coordinate that knowledge with your high priced consultant doctor.  Because, where 'blanket rules' don't always apply, you would otherwise die.......

I guess. I havent seen a doctor in 10 years. Like you said wayy too high priced. Same with insurance companies. Always out to get more $ out of your pocket. My body hasnt failed me yet. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I guess. I havent seen a doctor in 10 years. Like you said wayy too high priced. Same with insurance companies. Always out to get more $ out of your pocket. My body hasnt failed me yet. 

That's great, I never saw a doctor in about 30yrs (outside of the rare emergency room visit for stitches/surfing/etc.).  But unless you go and off yourself, all bodies break down, and when it comes that time, you will not have the mindset to seek the assistance that would in fact be of benefit...

You will most likely not ever change your mindset either, so my advise is find the wife that would be able to read the signs and will get your ass to the doctor when it IS time.  You could even go by the statistics (and I hate statistics), but most likely one of the causes as to why people who are happily married (or have caring people around them) actually live longer....

just my .02 cents.  

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

That's great, I never saw a doctor in about 30yrs (outside of the rare emergency room visit for stitches/surfing/etc.).  But unless you go and off yourself, all bodies break down, and when it comes that time, you will not have the mindset to seek the assistance that would in fact be of benefit...

You will most likely not ever change your mindset either, so my advise is find the wife that would be able to read the signs and will get your ass to the doctor when it IS time.  You could even go by the statistics (and I hate statistics), but most likely one of the causes as to why people who are happily married (or have caring people around them) actually live longer....

just my .02 cents.  

I gotta get myself a wife that is a nurse lol. Yea obv as a kid when I needed surgery I needed up in the hospital for a week. 

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

What was done to protect us? Big Pharma has been successful in getting the CDC to spend millions on the erroneous notion that the best protection against the flu is to get a flu shot. This year it has gone so far as to shame those who do not with a new add campaign, "Meet the Shot Dodgers."

Meantime, also as predicted, the flu shot offers protection to roughly only 10% of the people who receive the shot and contract this years most dominate strain! This is because in spite of the fact that the correct virus was anticipated, mutations in the eggs used to make the vaccine offer a 90% failure rate.  

Now mind you, only two countries on the globe even recommend the flu shot as it's ineffectiveness is recognized. (BTW, my own doctor did not even know this) 

Imagine if the CDC spent all that money on better prevention tips.

Like ordering all food workers to wear masks and wash their hands hourly.

Encouraging sick folks to stay home instead of pressuring employees to come in or giving kids awards for perfect attendance. 

Advise the general public to use alcohol wipes on all door handles 3 times a day, particularly at stores, schools, gas stations.

Insist that all shopping cart handles are cleaned 3 times per day.

It's all Trump's fault. Just as nut, cajun, diuchebagpussy66.

38 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

The problem is most were conditioned to get sick from the get go. Sugar one of the worst things u can put in your body. As kids we learned to love it. You can go to a Burger joint and get stuffed for 5 bucks. Go into a panera's and try and eat for 5

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

The problem is most were conditioned to get sick from the get go. Sugar one of the worst things u can put in your body. As kids we learned to love it. You can go to a Burger joint and get stuffed for 5 bucks. Go into a panera's and try and eat for 5

Yeah sugar is bad for you but does it make you sick with the flu or cold?? No it doesnt. Does it make you overweight and then lead to problems sure. But remember as kids we used to go out and play. Todays kids dont. I to this day still indulge in BK or McDonalds once in a while. So im missing what your point is

2 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

That is why you must know your own body, and coordinate that knowledge with your high priced consultant doctor.  Because, where 'blanket rules' don't always apply, you would otherwise die

i think very few people understand this and do this

i will not work with a top down doctor, i find a doctor secure enough to do just as you say, consult

• Like 1

Well apparently it's bad this year around here...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/nj_flu_outbreak_worried_hospital_impose_visitor_restrictions.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

"And, according to the latest data from the state Department of Health, emergency room visits and admissions in the state have surpassed the three highest flu seasons ever recorded in the state, as patients continue to flood clinics and emergency rooms, putting some at full capacity."

No rumbling up by you or is that why you started the thread? Some I know around here have refused to go to the hospital for fear of this 'killer strain'....  

just more propaganda? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Well apparently it's bad this year around here...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/nj_flu_outbreak_worried_hospital_impose_visitor_restrictions.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

"And, according to the latest data from the state Department of Health, emergency room visits and admissions in the state have surpassed the three highest flu seasons ever recorded in the state, as patients continue to flood clinics and emergency rooms, putting some at full capacity."

No rumbling up by you or is that why you started the thread? Some I know around here have refused to go to the hospital for fear of this 'killer strain'....  

just more propaganda? 

Smart move imo.  Aside from the benefit of an IV, I would stay away from the hospital as long as possible and do the chicken soup thing.  And whiskey.