Flu

noonereal

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Smart move imo.  

Hospitals are a 'sick sponge' there is no getting around it.

If you need it, the risks are negligible ....If you don't 'really' need it, stay home....

Problem is sometimes hard to tell...one newspaper article on the flu being 'killer' this year, and no doubt there will be a run (looks like stampede in this instance) in the emergency rooms. 

I had thought they had just run an article like a week ago "1st flu death in NJ this season " and was looking to post for reference...but came across this and got sidetracked....

RUH ROH SCOOBY!!   who's got money on the game? lol

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/02/super_bowl_2018_illness_sweeping_through_eagles_lo.html#incart_river_home

13 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

So I was checking out the 'propaganda' and it's pretty easy to see why they are running with all this news...

That's a pretty hard spike right there...

Flu season 2018.jpg

New Jersey Department of Health

I do like their 'weather map in motion' flu tracker though....

giphy.gif

Let's me know which way to run O.o

There it is.  Hospitals are bastards.  

I'm thinking that of we don't attack now, it will be too late and the hospitals will wipe us out.  And they won't expect it.  How is that for strategy?  

2 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Hospitals are a 'sick sponge' there is no getting around it.

If you need it, the risks are negligible ....If you don't 'really' need it, stay home....

Problem is sometimes hard to tell...one newspaper article on the flu being 'killer' this year, and no doubt there will be a run (looks like stampede in this instance) in the emergency rooms. 

I had thought they had just run an article like a week ago "1st flu death in NJ this season " and was looking to post for reference...but came across this and got sidetracked....

RUH ROH SCOOBY!!   who's got money on the game? lol

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/02/super_bowl_2018_illness_sweeping_through_eagles_lo.html#incart_river_home

Man, I'm glad I dont gamble.  That would be just enough information for me to get in trouble.  

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Yeah he is pretty crafty.  

when he coached with the Giants they did this great trick with the big bay doors behind each endzone for that 'wind' in the meadowlands on opposing field goals...sitting in the stand it was more than 'plain as day' it was 'wind in your face' xD

At least until the NFL outlawed it 9_9.........coincidence????

Always found a way to not 'break' the rules, but where there was no rules of violation...as in operate 'outside the rules'

To a degree you kind of admire it, maybe once or twice for the novelty or genius...but after being called out on it multiple times, only a dick KEEPS doing it in competitive situations... 

just my .02

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

when he coached with the Giants they did this great trick with the big bay doors behind each endzone for that 'wind' in the meadowlands on opposing field goals...sitting in the stand it was more than 'plain as day' it was 'wind in your face' xD

At least until the NFL outlawed it 9_9.........coincidence????

Always found a way to not 'break' the rules, but where there was no rules of violation...as in operate 'outside the rules'

To a degree you kind of admire it, maybe once or twice for the novelty or genius...but after being called out on it multiple times, only a dick KEEPS doing it in competitive situations... 

just my .02

He may be a dick, idk.  I know he doesn't smile much And he is extremely successful at his job.  

Its probably part and parcel with the good things he does as a coach.  Again idk but I do know that i could have played for him and won multiple championships if I had the talent.  That is almost guaranteed.  

18 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

...and sending hookers to the players hotel rooms on nights before is even passe'....but damn don't send them sick ones xD

To send sick hookers...well lets just say that is beyond anything a decent human being would do.  

You say "passe", I say "appreciate it".  😏

Seriously though, women weaken legs.  😀

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

He may be a dick, idk.  I know he doesn't smile much And he is extremely successful at his job.  

Its probably part and parcel with the good things he does as a coach.  Again idk but I do know that i could have played for him and won multiple championships if I had the talent.  That is almost guaranteed.  

Agreed here. At the professional level it's not a 'game' and certainly not an arena where you get bonus points for being more 'fair' than your opponents any more.  And he is extremely good at what he does.

That's what 'outside the rules' does.....forces you to choose for yourself whether you admire the genius, or find contempt in feeling that it fails against the 'intent' of what those rules were 'supposed' to cover.....I've felt both ways about him in the past... 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, HSFBfan said:

Have never had the flu. Been years since I had the common cold. Have never had the flu shot in my adult life. 

I've had the Polio vaccine about a half dozen times, to no avail! And have traveled halfway around the world, including many of the true shitholes, and so FAR, so FUN!

It's starting to seem like this flu-bug is the Captain Tripps from Steven King's The Stand. It's a bit surreal going shopping and seeing people wearing surgical masks and spraying each other in the face with Lysol and stuff. Driving down the road and passing people wearing surgical masks etc. 

Fear is a huge motivator for people. The hand sanitizer companies, the companies making a (30% effective maybe) flu shot, surgical mask makers and etc. are raking in big bucks while creating more deadly mutations of the flu virus each year by trying to kill the variation that is here now. 

In really, truly,  bad news, the world really is ending today. I found a gray/white hair in my beard! The world is over! It's all over! 

xD

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

(30% effective maybe)

this years, as I posted, was estimated at 10% effective 

I have since read optimistic claims of maybe 20%

I am pleased to hear folks are wearing masks but the theory is the virus is to small for all but medical grade to be a help. I have seen no one wearing a mask.

Alcohol is very effective in killing the flu so alcohol wipes or hand sanitizes with alcohol is very prudent. 

People need to stay home when sick, with any contagious illness but instead we give awards for perfect attendance in school and try to bullies sick employees to come in.