U.S. government borrowing up 84 percent from last year

noonereal

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Just to put this in perspective, this represents $250,000 for every American family.

Yes, we need another deficit financed tax cut to hand out children. 

I'd like to proffer the 88k that I owed under the Obama administration and pass the rest off to the 35% of Russians...erm Americans that support this administration. Make it so! 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd like to proffer the 88k that I owed under the Obama administration and pass the rest off to the 35% of Russians...erm Americans that support this administration. Make it so! 

How does one call themselves conservative and have supported this tax cut? 

The swamp has more invasive creatures than ever. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

How does one call themselves conservative and have supported this tax cut? 

The swamp has more invasive creatures than ever. 

Well, on the surface, a tax cut seems like the conservative thing to do. Yet, some services need to be cut to make up for income loss, and this administration is actually introducing more and more spending and then muddying up the water with promises that the tax cut will pay for itself through some hyperbolic form or another. 

Yeah. Idk. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, on the surface, a tax cut seems like the conservative thing to do. Yet, some services need to be cut to make up for income loss, and this administration is actually introducing more and more spending and then muddying up the water with promises that the tax cut will pay for itself through some hyperbolic form or another. 

Yeah. Idk. 

Deficit financed anything is not a conservative princip!e. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It is a spending issue. How can you cut taxes and still say you are going to spend billions on a wall, increase military funding and etc. etc.?

Perhaps the biggest issue of the tax cut was with regard to corporate taxation. The US has had the #1 or #2 highest levels in the world for a long time. That causes problems and it needed resolution.

At a macro level it will cause deficit issues (though I don't think as much as predicted). That said, on the flip side folks will be bringing home more money and it looks like the economy will be growing.

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Perhaps the biggest issue of the tax cut was with regard to corporate taxation. The US has had the #1 or #2 highest levels in the world for a long time. That causes problems and it needed resolution.

At a macro level it will cause deficit issues (though I don't think as much as predicted). That said, on the flip side folks will be bringing home more money and it looks like the economy will be growing.

I understand that's what we are being sold. 

I have my reservations of course. It could be possible that the cuts increase growth enough to pay for the deficit that's obviously growing exponentially. Yet, we are planning on and trying to boar hog through additional and many think unnecessary spending in a wall and additional military spending. 

It's a no brainer that if my income gets cut and I was already in the hole on my bills, that I'm bound to lose something. I would be dumb as hell to go putting up picket fences and security cameras on the home that I'm so behind on my bills on. 

7 minutes ago, concha said:

One in 5 profitable USA corps paid zero federal tax. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I was trying to give benefit of a doubt. It's lunacy to think that it would in reality. If income gets cut, but services get increased and you are already operating in the red (pun intended btw) then the deficit is going to increase. Period. 

Forget the additional spends trumpwants. This tax cut is estimated to recoup only 400 million of the 1.5 trillion it cost. 

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I understand that's what we are being sold. 

I have my reservations of course. It could be possible that the cuts increase growth enough to pay for the deficit that's obviously growing exponentially. Yet, we are planning on and trying to boar hog through additional and many think unnecessary spending in a wall and additional military spending. 

It's a no brainer that if my income gets cut and I was already in the hole on my bills, that I'm bound to lose something. I would be dumb as hell to go putting up picket fences and security cameras on the home that I'm so behind on my bills on. 

FYI, a huge percentage of our military aircraft aren't usable due t spare parts shortages. Pilots are getting adequate frying time as a result. At very least, defense of the nation is a federal responsibility.

Spending tax payer dollars on foreigners is not.

8 minutes ago, concha said:

FYI, a huge percentage of our military aircraft aren't usable due t spare parts shortages. Pilots are getting adequate frying time as a result. At very least, defense of the nation is a federal responsibility.

Spending tax payer dollars on foreigners is not.

We're all gonna fry for this. Not just the pilots.

Over 200k per American household in debt. I think the grease is pretty hot already.