New Leadership? Same Old Fox News

HawgGoneIt

Fox News Executive Rails Against U.S. Olympians in Racist, Homophobic Screed

Executive editor John Moody claims a focus on diversity could cost the country medals.
February 9, 2018, 6:17 AM GMT
  •  

john-moody-fox.jpg?itok=EgzVnRP7

Fox News’ John Moody, who serves as the network’s executive vice president and an executive editor, criticized the diversity of Team USA in an op-ed a day before the 2018 Winter Olympics were scheduled to open in PyeongChang, South Korea.

Moody decried the strides Team USA has made toward diversity of its athletes in a February 7 op-ed published on FoxNews.com. Though this is Team USA’s most diverse delegation of athletes ever, as The Washington Post reported, the U.S. Olympic Committee still has a lot of progress to make: Out of 243 athletes, two men are openly gay, “10 are African American — 4 percent — and another 10 are Asian American. The rest, by and large, are white.” Moody suggested without basis that the focus on diversity may cost Team USA medals, and speculated that athletes were given spots on the team that they didn’t earn during their trials, because of their race. From Moody’s op-ed:

Unless it’s changed overnight, the motto of the Olympics, since 1894, has been “Faster, Higher, Stronger.” It appears the U.S. Olympic Committee would like to change that to “Darker, Gayer, Different.” If your goal is to win medals, that won’t work.

A USOC official was quoted this week expressing pride (what else?) about taking the most diverse U.S. squad ever to the Winter Olympics. That was followed by a, frankly, embarrassing laundry list of how many African-Americans, Asians and openly gay athletes are on this year’s U.S. team. No sport that we are aware of awards points – or medals – for skin color or sexual orientation.

For the current USOC, a dream team should look more like the general population. So, while uncomfortable, the question probably needs to be asked: were our Olympians selected because they’re the best at what they do, or because they’re the best publicity for our current obsession with having one each from Column A, B and C?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Well, noon said USA is getting beaten badly... ????  Does this have merit ?? John Moody is a bright guy, like him and he has, like we all  do, to have an opinion, share it and if he wants to,Shout it out loud....

He provided no proof of any athletes that got cheated out of their "rightful" spot on the US Olympic team by a committee that was in the tank for gays or blacks or browns. I'd say it has ZERO merit, although I'm not surprised at all that you would be the first to jump in the water to defend the racist idiot. 

Yep, he has an opinion alright. So do you. Are you really John Moody? I think so. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd say it has ZERO merit, although I'm not surprised at all that you would be the first to jump in the water to defend the racist idiot. 

Call him whatever you want but you can't call him racist for promoting values over 'institutionalized racism'...

I don't need to defend anything he said, because (if true then) everything stated in the article (from the 'opinion side') is a valid opinion, that you can feel free to argue...

Funny how no one does.....just make fun of FOX....and don't forget to call it racist (When he is actually condemning it xD)......   

Way to bring up an issue and throw it in the flaming dumpster...

giphy.gif

Fox is not the only one...but I do consider them the worst.  The majority of the "News" outlets should remove the term News from their caption and replace it with Opinions.

Cause when it comes right down to it...that's about all anybody does.  Nobody reports the news/facts.  They attempt to entertain the masses with their personal slanted versions of the facts.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Fox is not the only one...but I do consider them the worst.  The majority of the "News" outlets should remove the term News from their caption and replace it with Opinions.

Cause when it comes right down to it...that's about all anybody does.  Nobody reports the news/facts.  They attempt to entertain the masses with their personal slanted versions of the facts.

Rufus>>

Just like this guy claiming "quota's" for the Olympic team....if true, NEWS. and the opinion might be valid....but don't make something up, just to provide your useless commentary, with the race card as your only lead for clicks...

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

Just like this guy claiming "quota's" for the Olympic team....if true, NEWS. and the opinion might be valid....but don't make something up, just to provide your useless commentary, with the race card as your only lead for clicks...

Gospel.....

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Love Fox News......Number 1 .....Toilet networks are MSNBC, CNN, NPR, NBC, CBS and the best shithole source of news,NY TIMES....

Those "toilet" networks are the ones that continually break stories about the disarray in the White House and Congress, never, ever FOX News.  Either FOX originally disavows the news item or is the last to confirm it.  If you want to know what is really happening you have to go to MSNBC, CNN, NPR, CBS, the NY Times or the Washington Post.  FOX is playing catch-up 24/7.

So, you have to ask yourself if FOX has bad reporters or that they just aren't looking hard enough......or both?

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Noon did......

I didn't catch the part about Nooner saying that. 

Our 17 yr old snow boarder took gold in downhill yesterday. 

Our mixed doubles curling team is doing very well.

Our team skate is looking better than predicted. They have a chance to podium. 

We just had our first ever sledding metal won. Silver. 

Our young Maame Biney is in the finals 500m speed skate. 

I think we are doing pretty good in the Olympics.

*In my best John Moody voice* I think we are doing pretty good in the Olympics for a muticultural team that was appointed rather than earn their spots. 9_9

2 hours ago, stanscript said:

Those "toilet" networks are the ones that continually break stories about ......

All of them are bad in this regard, yes some worse than others...

But you really DO need to watch BOTH sides (if you are going to watch any), if you want any hope of figuring out a truthful picture for yourself, which definitely lies somewhere in the middle...

48 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

All of them are bad in this regard, yes some worse than others...

But you really DO need to watch BOTH sides (if you are going to watch any), if you want any hope of figuring out a truthful picture for yourself, which definitely lies somewhere in the middle...

Stanscript could not care less about the “truthful picture.”

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

The tree and apple syndrone

Not sure here, but if you were referring to me, or using a 'don't eat from the poison tree' reference mantra, then I would have to clarify....

I said SEE both sides ( attempting to see the truth), and would never suggest that anyone feed on, or EAT those shitty poisoned apples xD...

giphy.gif