LSU Not Immune to Attendance Declines...

BUFORDGAWOLVES

On 2/14/2018 at 8:38 AM, ECHS05 said:

40% ? No. Not sure what time period you are using.

Attendance (overall) has dropped for the last 4 years in a row... From 2016 to 2017 it dropped -3.23% (1,409 fans per game).  That is the 2nd largest annual drop in CFB history. The largest being 1983, when it dropped -3.5%. The 3rd largest, behind 2017, was 2014 at -2.33%.

The overall average attendance of FBS schools in 2017 was 42,203. The lowest its been since 1997.

Given that there are some really big programs that draw close to 100,000 per game, for the average to be that low says there are programs that don't draw very many.  And this is at the top level of college football.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:52 AM, HSFBfan said:

Kinda sad. Maybe they should condense the amount of teams NCAA football has. Who knows maybe it would make for more teams being competitive. Has to be very hard to commit as an athlete to teams like Purdue Illinois Etc etc. Yes talent has come out of those schools but overall they struggle on the field

2017: 7-6

2016: 3-9

2015: 2-10

2014: 3-9

2013: 1-11

2012: 6-7

2011: 7-6

havent won double digit games since 1979

There are a lot of athletes that know good and well they won't go farther than college ball and pick the school based on the academics supporting what they want to do.

23 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I know Ive seen it. Its a nice ring. It is a biggie for those players on the team :). Just saying like i said those schools that were mentioned will not be winning a NC anytime soon. They will be collecting a nice revenue sharing check from the top of their respective conferences though

SEC at 41 million, BigTen at 33 million this year

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Increase your chances, do the work very few are doing.

Get paid. Advanced degree work.

Have a degree. getting another degree. Like I said no guarantee of anything. If i was a big time football prospect im going where the winning is happening. Thats always been my mentality. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Auburn ranked top 10. Alabama is a 7 seed. Kentucky is having a horrible year by their standards serves them right for all of their 1 and done years. Texas a&m is looking really good. Missouri with porter is a good team that nobody is talking about

Cuonzo Martin at Mizzou is gonna make Tennessee pay for that bullshit! LOL

Just now, HSFBfan said:

As a top prospect your long term should be the NFL. Make your money save it while in the league and your set. Even the guys making 800k a year. if they can stay in the league for 5 years they are set for life

Yep, vested pension after a short while... it was 5-6 seasons in NBA but that was long time ago, when I was making a run at it.

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yep, vested pension after a short while... it was 5-6 seasons in NBA but that was long time ago, when I was making a run at it.

There ya go. I was just never a school person. I never once looked at the academics when I picked my school. i got my scholarship and ran with it until I left the athletic world. Now i have fun watching other people grind it out everyday