What Website is Your Go To for High School Football and Why

BUFORDGAWOLVES

25 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

If we could jist rid ourownselfs of all those Left Wing whackos!

Apologies for wanting clean water and functioning schools.  

On the plus side, we are definitely closer to the glorious Lord of the Flies fantasy land your ilk wants to live in.

As an aside, I promise to poop upstream of your watering hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

On the plus side, we are definitely closer to the glorious Lord of the Flies fantasy land your ilk wants to live in.

Yo what I don’t get is why it’s bad to be a little left....these guys want us walking around with swastigas tatted on our Foreheads

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

I’m good with that, just stay south of me and we’re golden @GloryDays

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

Why do you need functioning schools? You Lefties can't read! Exhibit A, B, C, D, and E!(Nancy Legosi, lil Chucky Screwmer, CRAAAAZY ass Warner, Maxie Waters, and Adam Shitt)

@BUFORDGAWOLVES

It depends on what information I'm looking for as to which source I consider my go to. I'm primarily going to be right here, because probably upwards of 75% of any questions I may have about any nationally followed team can be answered by someone that is right here calling you a hick or redneck today. xD I'm being serious about just posing the question here. 

If I need to know something about a school that hardly anyone has heard of, like Folsom, I'm going to use CalPreps to actually find them, and a placement of them in general, and then, MaxPreps for roster information on them. Once I have roster info, I'm going to start with the listed seniors and go to hudl for video, then the juniors and down the list like that. Sometimes the schools have a site that I can cross reference roster info from as well. 

Probably going to cross reference many of the players across 247sports composite player ratings. I still haven't broken through to the Rank By Offers site that some guys are using yet. 

For scores on Fridays, Nationally, the scores are usually updated here for the big games or games the board tends to follow. There is a scorestream ticker that has quite a few of the teams we discuss here and their respective scores. I also check into ScoreATL for in state scores for Georgia. Sometimes, it's not updating quickly enough so I check in with GPB.com/footballfridays. I will also check in with MaxPreps for box scores and live in game reporters for games that I have interest in and just feel the need to follow closely. 

The Georgia historians site has a lot of decent info (instate and vs. oos) from a historical perspective. 

NO, I'm not obsessed.

Image result for crazy look

I just like to know what's going on. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES

It depends on what information I'm looking for as to which source I consider my go to. I'm primarily going to be right here, because probably upwards of 75% of any questions I may have about any nationally followed team can be answered by someone that is right here calling you a hick or redneck today. xD I'm being serious about just posing the question here. 

If I need to know something about a school that hardly anyone has heard of, like Folsom, I'm going to use CalPreps to actually find them, and a placement of them in general, and then, MaxPreps for roster information on them. Once I have roster info, I'm going to start with the listed seniors and go to hudl for video, then the juniors and down the list like that. Sometimes the schools have a site that I can cross reference roster info from as well. 

Probably going to cross reference many of the players across 247sports composite player ratings. I still haven't broken through to the Rank By Offers site that some guys are using yet. 

For scores on Fridays, Nationally, the scores are usually updated here for the big games or games the board tends to follow. There is a scorestream ticker that has quite a few of the teams we discuss here and their respective scores. I also check into ScoreATL for in state scores for Georgia. Sometimes, it's not updating quickly enough so I check in with GPB.com/footballfridays. I will also check in with MaxPreps for box scores and live in game reporters for games that I have interest in and just feel the need to follow closely. 

The Georgia historians site has a lot of decent info (instate and vs. oos) from a historical perspective. 

NO, I'm not obsessed.

Image result for crazy look

I just like to know what's going on. 

That explains the hilarious comments earlier!  I want to focus on North Fulton and Gwinnett adjacent to Buford that entails North Gwinnett, Norcross, Grayson and possibly Brookwood. Blessed Trinity and Roswell if Roswell has a decent roster, same with Milton... Marietta’s not far and a possibility. Buford’s region schedule typically not very strong, that will allow me to visit and get feel for these teams. The cross referencing the websites for roster info, analysis and what colleges are looking in is good to know. Hudl another tool. Thanks I appreciate the answer! Much appreciated. 😎😎😎

I just noticed you wanted pros and cons.

The drawback to MaxPreps is it often has errors in schedules and rosters. Sometimes errors in scores. They'll double post games in the schedules, players will be listed multiple times in the rosters, their jersey numbers can be incorrect or they can be listed under more than one number etc.

Pro for MaxPreps is it does have a decent record on rosters info though, which is my primary reason for going there, outside of following in game reporters posts on certain games of interest. 

The MaxPreps rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt. Their top 25 is better than the freeman rankings usually. Cal Preps = Freeman Same same. 

Hudl's pros are that it provides video of a specific player, and usually videos from throughout that players career. 

Hudl's con is that the videos are usually highlights only so you don't get to see the bonehead stuff, but, you do still get a good idea of capabilities. 

ScoreStream pros is that it has scores for numerous games all across the country.

ScoreStream cons is that if you're using the ticker, it's limited to the games someone inputted for scores. Sometimes there are errors during live games, but they usually get corrected by the time the game is final.

247Sports pro is that the composite ratings seem to be better overall than other services. Of course these are as always, objective which is a con. This is why some guys have started using Rank By Offers as a supplement or go to. 

ScoreATL pro is that it posts every game happening in the state of Georgia and the scores are updated throughout the night.

ScoreAtl con is that it's slow to update at times. Very problematic for someone OCD like myself. This is why I use multiple others like GPB etc. all can be slow to update and have incorrect scores at times. Best practice is to check a few sources to make sure. MaxPreps, ScoreATL, GPB, AJC etc. 

Georgia Historians pro is that it has a wealth of info throughout the history of the state, including stadium info etc. 

Georgia Historians con is that it's not a complete/definitive source. There can be missing info etc. Still the best thing going for Georgia historical info though.

• Thanks 1