LSU Not Immune to Attendance Declines...

BUFORDGAWOLVES

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Illinois is different scenario, for whatever reason they can't get it together and the academic rigor is not as intense as some of these other "academics". Good point bringing up Illinois as they should be competitive with the big dogs but not Alabama or top tier SEC.

Illinois in like 2007 had a good team. I remember them having a good Rb at the time. I believe made it to the league. I dont expect Illinois to keep up with Alabama. You do have to expect Illinois to beat teams like Purdue Rutgers NW Indiana. They are not going to beat teams like Wisky OSU and Michigan. And I was right Illinois in 2007 was 9-4

If you take Illinois and put them up against Vandy and Kentucky does Illinois win those games??

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Illinois in like 2007 had a good team. I remember them having a good Rb at the time. I believe made it to the league. I dont expect Illinois to keep up with Alabama. You do have to expect Illinois to beat teams like Purdue Rutgers NW Indiana. They are not going to beat teams like Wisky OSU and Michigan. 

If you take Illinois and put them up against Vandy and Kentucky does Illinois win those games??

Vandy weak maybe, lose to Kentucky. Illinois is a ways off beating Purdue, NW or Indiana right now. Illinois is THAT bad. Rutgers weak maybe. That's the conundrum with Illinois, Power 5 with really no restrictions academically. And they should dominate recruiting in that area, Chicago etc.

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Vandy weak maybe, lose to Kentucky. Illinois is a ways off beating Purdue, NW or Indiana right now. Illinois is THAT bad. Rutgers weak maybe. That's the conundrum with Illinois, Power 5 with really no restrictions academically. And they should dominate recruiting in that area, Chicago etc.

Doesnt schools like OSU and Michigan got the top guys from that area? And the higher academic kids would rather go to NW than go to Illinois?? Illinois isnt exactly a power state in terms of HS football either

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

This needs to go into a time capsule and in ten years time, we'll take a look.

Strong boast. I can't see why not, then I can see how that is very likely.

Look at Stanford ND Duke NW Michigan...any chance of them winning in 10 years?? Nd just had to vacate all wins from the year they went to the NC and got blasted by Alabama. These schools do not attract the athletes as well as the coaches that are needed to win. You dont see Saban Meyer etc going to these schools. I think if David Shaw left Stanford maybe he can win one with a Michigan but i dont think hes leaving Stanford. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Look at Stanford ND Duke NW Michigan...any chance of them winning in 10 years?? Nd just had to vacate all wins from the year they went to the NC and got blasted by Alabama. These schools do not attract the athletes as well as the coaches that are needed to win. You dont see Saban Meyer etc going to these schools. I think if David Shaw left Stanford maybe he can win one with a Michigan but i dont think hes leaving Stanford. 

I'd say Stanford, Michigan and ND have the BEST chance. Even withe ND wins vacate which was bullshit in light of the North Carolina ruling.

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'd say Stanford, Michigan and ND have the BEST chance. Even withe ND wins vacate which was bullshit in light of the North Carolina ruling.

Stanford eh....they have had some good teams but usually lose 2-3 games a year. Will never be enough to win a NC. ND with their independent schedule doesnt play for a conference championship and so that hurts them. And michigan is michigan. Was just ranked 21st in recruiting this class. not a good sign. These schools dont attract the freaks that are needed to win. IF Alabama takes a step back it will be Georgia that takes over. Georgia is building something special over in Athens. Kirby is doing a heck of a job and for now the SEC East is weak. Hell own that division for a while. 

• Like 1

Stanford eh....they have had some good teams but usually lose 2-3 games a year. Will never be enough to win a NC. ND with their independent schedule doesnt play for a conference championship and so that hurts them. And michigan is michigan. Was just ranked 21st in recruiting this class. not a good sign. These schools dont attract the freaks that are needed to win. IF Alabama takes a step back it will be Georgia that takes over. Georgia is building something special over in Athens. Kirby is doing a heck of a job and for now the SEC East is weak. Hell own that division for a while. 

You have good points, I'm not minimizing but that's this years recruiting class, who knows what's gonna happen over 5 years. Hell if I could forecast that then we certainly would have some solid answers.

You have good points, I'm not minimizing but that's this years recruiting class, who knows what's gonna happen over 5 years. Hell if I could forecast that then we certainly would have some solid answers.

I wish i could forecast and say over the next 10 years this is what your going to see. I would make a killing in Vegas lol. But im just going by the trend. The trend is in the big boy football in the Southeast part of the country. Big ten has failed 2x to score a point in the playoffs. Oklahoma gave georgia a great game just dont know what happened to them in the 2nd half but their o line was eaten by georgia. The ACC with Clemson and Watson was a great team but you can see the drop off with Bryant. I have been a huge critic of Hurts at Alabama and certainly believe Tua should be the starting Qb. I would say you can use a 2 QB package but that doesnt tend to work out well. Stanford just signed a Qb that wont be there for 2 years due to a mission hes going on. Michigan has JH who was a QB that has never developed a QB while at Michigan. Lets see what he does with Patterson if he ever gets cleared. 

I wish i could forecast and say over the next 10 years this is what your going to see. I would make a killing in Vegas lol. But im just going by the trend. The trend is in the big boy football in the Southeast part of the country. Big ten has failed 2x to score a point in the playoffs. Oklahoma gave georgia a great game just dont know what happened to them in the 2nd half but their o line was eaten by georgia. The ACC with Clemson and Watson was a great team but you can see the drop off with Bryant. I have been a huge critic of Hurts at Alabama and certainly believe Tua should be the starting Qb. I would say you can use a 2 QB package but that doesnt tend to work out well. Stanford just signed a Qb that wont be there for 2 years due to a mission hes going on. Michigan has JH who was a QB that has never developed a QB while at Michigan. Lets see what he does with Patterson if he ever gets cleared. 

Like! And I agree on Tua, in a mop up game earlier I said that kid is good, the mechanics, poise, the whole package. Good move by Saban to put him in and classy move by Saban because I'm sure they prepped Hurts going out. No way that kid could eat that blindsided.

• Like 2

Like! And I agree on Tua, in a mop up game earlier I said that kid is good, the mechanics, poise, the whole package. Good move by Saban to put him in and classy move by Saban because I'm sure they prepped Hurts going out. No way that kid could eat that blindsided.

And that is why Saban makes the big bucks. He's worth every cent. And CKS will be too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yep Tua is a freak. He has everything. I heard Jalen Hurts is thinking of transferring to Texas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I have one. 1991 Blockbuster Bowl. No biggie. Life went on. 

I know Ive seen it. Its a nice ring. It is a biggie for those players on the team :). Just saying like i said those schools that were mentioned will not be winning a NC anytime soon. They will be collecting a nice revenue sharing check from the top of their respective conferences though