Question for the Bishop Gorman fans

FootballGuy

22 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Two questions:

1. Which OOS opponent has brought the largest crowd along with them?

2. The florida teams that y'all have played throughout the years have either beaten y'all or gave y'all a lot of fits..... Why's that? Especially when BG has managed to take care of every other state pretty easily for the most part. 

Because Florida isn't as weak as some people try to claim 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

@FootballGuy

What criteria do i need to use for voting top states? 

I have 3 different states I could consider at number 1 and 4 different states i could put in top 3 by using different criterias

Uhhh.... talent, depth, national powerhouses, facilities, and........I guess coaching and fan support. You can choose from those and take it from there.

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Uhhh.... talent, depth, national powerhouses, facilities, and........I guess coaching and fan support. You can choose from those and take it from there.

Based on 2017 season

Talent

1 Florida

2 California 

3 Georgia 

4 Texas

5 Ohio

Depth

1 Florida 

2 Texas

3 Georgia 

4 California 

5 Ohio

National powerhouses 

1 California 

2 Florida 

3 Texas

4 Georgia

5 Ohio

Coaching 

1 Texas

2 Georgia

3 California 

4 Ohio/New Jersey 

5 Florida/Maryland

Facilities 

1 Texas

2 Georgia 

3 California 

4 Florida 

5 Ohio

Fan support 

1 Texas

2 Georgia 

3 California 

4 Ohio/New Jersey 

5 Hawaii

Hawaii is a interesting state honestly, they have only a few elite teams but they remind me of a state like Maryland, the top teams are solid just a big drop after those teams 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Based on 2017 season

Talent

1 Florida

2 California 

3 Georgia 

4 Texas

5 Ohio

Depth

1 Florida 

2 Texas

3 Georgia 

4 California 

5 Ohio

National powerhouses 

1 California 

2 Florida 

3 Texas

4 Georgia

5 Ohio

Coaching 

1 Texas

2 Georgia

3 California 

4 Ohio/New Jersey 

5 Florida/Maryland

Facilities 

1 Texas

2 Georgia 

3 California 

4 Florida 

5 Ohio

Fan support 

1 Texas

2 Georgia 

3 California 

4 Ohio/New Jersey 

5 Hawaii

Hawaii is a interesting state honestly, they have only a few elite teams but they remind me of a state like Maryland, the top teams are solid just a big drop after those teams 

I like how you broke this down, baby boy.

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So let me ask you this 

Which category do you personally feel is the most important one in determining overall state quality When comparing other states? 

Tough question. I believe in the grand scheme of things, it all boils down to DEPTH. I don't think you can necessarily say that a state is the best if they're top heavy without having something extra on the back end. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Tough question. I believe in the grand scheme of things, it all boils down to DEPTH. I don't think you can necessarily say that a state is the best if they're top heavy without having something extra on the back end. 

I agree 100%

If we just took which state has the best top 3-5 you could see a state like Hawaii or Maryland hitting the top 3 on a bad year for the normal power states 

But when looking at a what states are power states I think competitive top to bottom is the most fair and effective way to evaluate 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

There's a tie for 1st place between texas, georgia, and florida....followed by cali and ohio.

This is my top 5

1 Florida 

2 Texas 

3 Georgia/California

4 Ohio

5 New Jersey/Maryland/Arizona

Talent and depth are my top 2 priority for rankings,  coaching is 3rd

Florida taking top spot in talent and depth basically locked them at 1 in my view

Texas being 2 in depth and 1 in coaching was enough to give them edge at 2 spot

California and Georgia was neck and neck and if it wasn't for fact Mater Dei is best team in country i would have put Georgia at 3 outright and dropped Cali to 4

So i decided to put them at a share of 3 spot

4 goes to Ohio who while not as strong as previous years is still a solid state

5 i have a 3 way tie for multiple reasons, if Hawaii had more outside of the top 3-4 they have then I would have added Hawaii to the list as well

New Jersey, Arizona and Maryland all have a few solid programs at the top which makes them solid but just lacking the depth of the top 3-5 states above them

However I can't fault your putting a 3 way tie at the top as they all have arguments for top spot, hell even Cali has a argument for top spot

Hopefully the parity continues because it makes for interesting debates and message board banter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

This is my top 5

1 Florida 

2 Texas 

3 Georgia/California

4 Ohio

5 New Jersey/Maryland/Arizona

Talent and depth are my top 2 priority for rankings,  coaching is 3rd

Florida taking top spot in talent and depth basically locked them at 1 in my view

Texas being 2 in depth and 1 in coaching was enough to give them edge at 2 spot

California and Georgia was neck and neck and if it wasn't for fact Mater Dei is best team in country i would have put Georgia at 3 outright and dropped Cali to 4

So i decided to put them at a share of 3 spot

4 goes to Ohio who while not as strong as previous years is still a solid state

5 i have a 3 way tie for multiple reasons, if Hawaii had more outside of the top 3-4 they have then I would have added Hawaii to the list as well

New Jersey, Arizona and Maryland all have a few solid programs at the top which makes them solid but just lacking the depth of the top 3-5 states above them

However I can't fault your putting a 3 way tie at the top as they all have arguments for top spot, hell even Cali has a argument for top spot

Hopefully the parity continues because it makes for interesting debates and message board banter

here are the 8 states in my top 5 states...