Your favorite and Least favorite foods.

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Pastas, all kinds. With a tradition Italian pork sauce. (It had better be home made or don't bother me)

linguini with clam sauce, everything in it had better be fresh.  

Bread, french, Italian, baguettes. No butter, oil if you, again, fresh from the local "good" bakery of homemade. 

Prime Rib, (not the crap you buy in the supermarket) the key being the marinade. 

Soups, all soups.  fish soups like Thai  fish soups, cold soups and everyday soups. 

Vegetables, mostly all. Spinach sauteed heads the list. 

Salad all kinds of greens. 

Tripe, Italian , Turkish, Domincan preparations, all good.

Fish all kinds. Grilled or sauteed. Shellfish. and more shellfish and thenmore.

and let's not forget scungilli marinara sauce, lobster in marinara sauce,  shrimp in marinara sauce...

Grilled octopus. 

Seafood salads of all types. Fresh, everything fresh. 

yogurt used in foods like you fiend in the Mediterranean. 

Dried meats, olives....

and let's not forget wines and music!

foods I don't like? 

Can really think of any. I prefer to avoid a few like chicken and anything not fresh. 

you like edamame? 

nice list.

15 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I know but what is interesting is that I honestly like you. 

Still dont like you. And yea im not here to be politically correct. I cant stand politically correct people. I hate this whole culture of PC. Why cant we just say what we mean. I dont have to accept you. You dont have to accept me. I dont have to like anyone. Ill judge you anyway I want too. I can hate the way you live talk think and any other adjective you can throw out there. I was def raised and brought up in the wrong era. I really HATE HATE HATE this PC culture we live in today

23 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Still dont like you. And yea im not here to be politically correct. I cant stand politically correct people. I hate this whole culture of PC. Why cant we just say what we mean. I dont have to accept you. You dont have to accept me. I dont have to like anyone. Ill judge you anyway I want too. I can hate the way you live talk think and any other adjective you can throw out there. I was def raised and brought up in the wrong era. I really HATE HATE HATE this PC culture we live in today

I enjoy your honesty.

On another site I once asked what eras people liked for differing categories. Things like music, art, architectural, overall....

I was surprised to find that almost universally people thought the time they lived was about best. Now but mostly when they were 15-30.

No point am I trying to make, just pointing out how different you are, as am I.

I picked the late 1920's through 1940 as my preferred era to live, in NYC. Music from the Baroque, Architecture from the Victorian. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Pastas, all kinds. With a tradition Italian pork sauce. (It had better be home made or don't bother me)

linguini with clam sauce, everything in it had better be fresh.  

Bread, french, Italian, baguettes. No butter, oil if you, again, fresh from the local "good" bakery of homemade. 

Prime Rib, (not the crap you buy in the supermarket) the key being the marinade. 

Soups, all soups.  fish soups like Thai  fish soups, cold soups and everyday soups. 

Vegetables, mostly all. Spinach sauteed heads the list. 

Salad all kinds of greens. 

Tripe, Italian , Turkish, Domincan preparations, all good.

Fish all kinds. Grilled or sauteed. Shellfish. and more shellfish and thenmore.

and let's not forget scungilli marinara sauce, lobster in marinara sauce,  shrimp in marinara sauce...

Grilled octopus. 

Seafood salads of all types. Fresh, everything fresh. 

yogurt used in foods like you fiend in the Mediterranean. 

Dried meats, olives....

and let's not forget wines and music!

foods I don't like? 

Can really think of any. I prefer to avoid a few like chicken and anything not fresh. 

I can't eat pork... 

But damn I'd love some spaghetti right now.

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I enjoy your honesty.

On another site I once asked what eras people liked for differing categories. Things like music, art, architectural, overall....

I was surprised to find that almost universally people thought the time they lived was about best. Now but mostly when they were 15-30.

No point am I trying to make, just pointing out how different you are, as am I.

I picked the late 1920's through 1940 as my preferred era to live, in NYC. Music from the Baroque, Architecture from the Victorian. 

I was going to say the 1920s but do you wanna deal with the whole great depression. Those years certainly sucked but the beginning of the 1920s when it came to the roaring 20s seemed like a blast. The 30s seemed like a good decade. The 1940s you were being shipped out to Africa Germany Japan and other such places for WW2. 1950 was Korea. 1960s was Vietnam and imo the downfall of America. The 1970s according to my dad was greatest decade in America. If was going to be part of any decade it would certainly be the early 1920s and i would have to be in the south

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was going to say the 1920s but do you wanna deal with the whole great depression. Those years certainly sucked but the beginning of the 1920s when it came to the roaring 20s seemed like a blast. The 30s seemed like a good decade. The 1940s you were being shipped out to Africa Germany Japan and other such places for WW2. 1950 was Korea. 1960s was Vietnam and imo the downfall of America. The 1970s according to my dad was greatest decade in America. If was going to be part of any decade it would certainly be the early 1920s and i would have to be in the south

Im better off where I am now...  

Anything before 1970 and the risk of being a casualty is increased... 

Either by war or because of my skin color... 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im better off where I am now...  

Anything before 1970 and the risk of being a casualty is increased... 

Either by war or because of my skin color... 

I hate living in this era. I really do. Like I said the PC culture drives me nuts. Everyone is afraid to say what is on their mind. You used to be able to sit in bars and have a cigar and hang out with your friends. There are so many better qualities of the past then we have today. 

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

the 30's was the depression not the 20's, the 20's were roaring

As long as you had a job during the depression you were fine. It's only a depression if you the guy out of work. 

80% of folks did have a job. 

Was your dad  between  15-30 during the 70's? Then it would make sense in spite of it being a terrible time economically and for a family starting out. 

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I hate living in this era. I really do. Like I said the PC culture drives me nuts. Everyone is afraid to say what is on their mind. You used to be able to sit in bars and have a cigar and hang out with your friends. There are so many better qualities of the past then we have today. 

With all respect, do I seem unable to say what is on my mind? 

Being politically correct is not about not expressing oneself, it is about expressing on-self in a more considered manner. 

Just now, noonereal said:

the 30's was the depression not the 20's, the 20's were roaring

As long as you had a job during the depression you were fine. It's only a depression if you the guy out of work. 

80% of folks did have a job. 

Was your dad  between  15-30 during the 70's? Then it would make sense in spite of it being a terrible time economically and for a family starting out. 

1929 was the start of the depression. Yea my turned 18 in 1978. Loved it. Always said it was the best music. There were a lot less rules. And he was hanging out in Brooklyn playing stickball and chilling in the school yard. Remember you could drink at 18. Lawyers have destroyed the world. Politicians have destroyed the world as well. Too many rules today. Too much paranoia by the parents. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

With all respect, do I seem unable to say what is on my mind? 

Being politically correct is not about not expressing oneself, it is about expressing on-self in a more considered manner. 

Shouldnt be that way. Just say it. You dont have to dumb it down You dont have to be considerate. Just say it. Thats what thing about growing up italian and irish. We just say it like it is. There is no dumbing down. if you hate someone or something just say it. If you have a belief say it. People today are so damn afraid of everything. Afraid of what someone is going to do or say. Its really quite sad to see so many people afraid of their own damn shadows that they have this need to say everything is ok in fear of some kind of blow back

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

1929 was the start of the depression. Yea my turned 18 in 1978. Loved it. Always said it was the best music. There were a lot less rules. And he was hanging out in Brooklyn playing stickball and chilling in the school yard. Remember you could drink at 18. Lawyers have destroyed the world. Politicians have destroyed the world as well. Too many rules today. Too much paranoia by the parents. 

It's ll perspective. I consider 76-80 the worse part of my adult  life. Insane inflation, mortgage interest rates that hit 17%!

The music was disco and it ended the 1965-1975 music that will always be considered a very special time. 

Yes, 18 drinking in NY. We all took are cars from NJ up to NY to drink. Good stuff, instead of a 2 mile drive home it was a 22 mile drive home, after drinking. The car in front of mine, other high school kids from town, crashed. Palatalized for life was the worst kid, several broken bones the luckiest one.

See, it's all perspective. . 

It's ll perspective. I consider 76-80 the worse part of my adult  life. Insane inflation, mortgage interest rates that hit 17%!

The music was disco and it ended the 1965-1975 music that will always be considered a very special time. 

Yes, 18 drinking in NY. We all took are cars from NJ up to NY to drink. Good stuff, instead of a 2 mile drive home it was a 22 mile drive home, after drinking. The car in front of mine, other high school kids from town, crashed. Palatalized for life was the worst kid, several broken bones the luckiest one.

See, it's all perspective. . 

Still had freedom to do it. Its called personal choice. As you can see with the landscape of today esp in young adults they believe that the government should do everything for them. Why is that? Do they not want their own responsibility. Do they want a scapegoat so when things go wrong they can blame the government for not giving them everything. Car crashes happen by both drunk and sober drivers. Ill be honest ive driven when i shouldnt have. But my car accident have always been when im completely sober. Yes ive been lucky trust me in that regard. I used to drive every friday from rockland county to Clifton to drink all night. Good times for the most part. Too many regulations today is all im saying. Too much government intervention. And as you can see its headed towards more government intervention in our lives. When does that end? When do people say enough is enough? This country was supposed to be about limited government and now they are going to tell us when our gun rights start?? People need to pay attention to whats going on. 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Shouldnt be that way. Just say it. You dont have to dumb it down You dont have to be considerate. Just say it. Thats what thing about growing up italian and irish. We just say it like it is. There is no dumbing down. if you hate someone or something just say it. If you have a belief say it. People today are so damn afraid of everything. Afraid of what someone is going to do or say. Its really quite sad to see so many people afraid of their own damn shadows that they have this need to say everything is ok in fear of some kind of blow back

I have found that bluntness is an excuse for less developed communicating tools. 

As humans we then spin it to shield ourselves from ourselves, so we don't have to accept our limitations. 

I have found that bluntness is an excuse for less developed communicating tools. 

As humans we then spin it to shield ourselves from ourselves, so we don't have to accept our limitations. 

I like bluntness. I like straight up feelings and thought. Dont sugar coat. I hate sugar coating. Just be honest and be forward. Its not less developed at all. It shows convictions. It shows that you have a spine and your going to stand up for your thoughts. Everyone today pussy foots around and are afraid of their own shadows. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Still had freedom to do it. Its called personal choice. As you can see with the landscape of today esp in young adults they believe that the government should do everything for them. Why is that? Do they not want their own responsibility. Do they want a scapegoat so when things go wrong they can blame the government for not giving them everything. Car crashes happen by both drunk and sober driveicers. Ill be honest ive driven when i shouldnt have. But my car accident have always been when im completely sober. Yes ive been lucky trust me in that regard. I used to drive every friday from rockland county to Clifton to drink all night. Good times for the most part. Too many regulations today is all im saying. Too much government intervention. And as you can see its headed towards more government intervention in our lives. When does that end? When do people say enough is enough? This country was supposed to be about limited government and now they are going to tell us when our gun rights start?? People need to pay attention to whats going on. 

I am willing to sacrifice some of my freedoms, liberties for safety.

Anyone would.  

The trick is which ones and when. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I like bluntness. I like straight up feelings and thought. Dont sugar coat. I hate sugar coating. Just be honest and be forward. Its not less developed at all. It shows convictions. It shows that you have a spine and your going to stand up for your thoughts. Everyone today pussy foots around and are afraid of their own shadows. 

Being honest and straight does not demand bluntness. 

To you being blunt shows you have a spine, I told you why you choose to believe this.

To me it means are not equipped to communicate in a more productive manner. Either emotionally or intellectually. Sometimes both. 

You are using a fallacy similar to the one used by parents who think it wise to beat their kids. People who like to rough up their kids under the banner of teaching often claim that not bludgeoning a child is being permissive when one has nothing to do with the other.