Visited the zoo this week...

ChimpGrip

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Besides its physical strength, the gorilla's bite is one of natures strongest as measured by psi.  http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/top-10-which-animals-have-strongest-bite

by nature a gorilla is a peaceful animal, not aggressive unless threatened.

Exactly I even mentioned against the bear he is passive.   Yet experts not DD says that even against the massive Grizzly the Gorilla would rip his mouth apart most likely.  And his bite is massive.  A Brown bear want's no part of a pissed off Silver Back.  Not saying the Primate wins each fight with said Bear.  But when you put together strength and intelligence which the Primate has over the Bear.    Would be interesting>  Here is an interesting link on the two head up.

http://www.compareanimal.com/2014/12/compare-grizzly-bear-vs-western-gorilla.html

38 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Besides its physical strength, the gorilla's bite is one of natures strongest as measured by psi.  http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/top-10-which-animals-have-strongest-bite

by nature a gorilla is a peaceful animal, not aggressive unless threatened.

No match for a mighty browny, or Black Death (a Cape Buffalo). That bear can top 1300 pounds. They are massive and powerful. 

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Exactly I even mentioned against the bear he is passive.   Yet experts not DD says that even against the massive Grizzly the Gorilla would rip his mouth apart most likely.  And his bite is massive.  A Brown bear want's no part of a pissed off Silver Back.  Not saying the Primate wins each fight with said Bear.  But when you put together strength and intelligence which the Primate has over the Bear.    Would be interesting>  Here is an interesting link on the two head up.

http://www.compareanimal.com/2014/12/compare-grizzly-bear-vs-western-gorilla.html

I was hoping this would be a legitimate piece of reference. 

I wouldn’t expect someone who’s never been around brown bears to know different though. They are incredibly large and powerful. 350 pound gorilla would get crushed. I would bet the brown bear has a nastier bite to boot. 

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

here's a video comparison...pre-fight hype LOL

not sure how realistic... but seems to attempt to frame relative strengths ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

here's a video comparison...pre-fight hype LOL

not sure how realistic... but seems to attempt to frame relative strengths ....

No doubt the Meat Eater is the aggressive one and bigger in sized due to that protein and will have more energy.  Good stuff my friend.   But I think the intellect and strength will cause his Mouth to be ripped wide open.  Both are strong.  Sorry Dem Longhorns are about to hit the court.

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No doubt the Meat Eater is the aggressive one and bigger in sized due to that protein and will have more energy.  Good stuff my friend.   But I think the intellect and strength will cause his Mouth to be ripped wide open.  Both are strong.  Sorry Dem Longhorns are about to hit the court.

not as good as lady frozen ding dong slappin....xD

But have fun and...

Image result for texas longhorns sayings 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

No match for a mighty browny, or Black Death (a Cape Buffalo). That bear can top 1300 pounds. They are massive and powerful. 

Primates, using their intelligence,  have been known to rip the testicles off their opponents as they know it incapacitates.  There's a lot going on with fighting a gorilla, they think quite well. 

Anyways, enough for today...cheers

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Primates, using their intelligence,  have been known to rip the testicles off their opponents as they know it incapacitates.  There's a lot going on with fighting a gorilla, they think quite well. 

There comes a point where intelligence is not enough. I shouldn’t expect so much from this board. 

Likewise.

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Cheers after THAT thought???   sheesh.....

Thanks a lot Horse xD

FYI have not been banging a lot of likes but about every one you put on this thread is very good...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

There comes a point where intelligence is not enough. I shouldn’t expect so much from this board. 

Likewise.

Agreed but it HAS to be factored in, if you were to go beyond strength testing, and are using 'strength' as a factor in other comparisons such as fighting ability...

Probably not where you are going with it, but given the nature of your queries, It's only natural that others would want to make such (overall fighting ability) comparisons as well...

This has been a great thread, and I thought the board responded well to it......

Chin up Grip... and for sure, let us know what you find out... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbcaptiron said:

Agreed but it HAS to be factored in, if you were to go beyond strength testing, and are using 'strength' as a factor in other comparisons such as fighting ability...

Probably not where you are going with it, but given the nature of your queries, It's only natural that others would want to make such (overall fighting ability) comparisons as well...

This has been a great thread, and I thought the board responded well to it......

Chin up Grip... and for sure, let us know what you find out... 

Thank you captiron