Omnibus bill

HSFBfan

5 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

How could the Republicans have allowed this. They still have majorities in both Houses. Yes, I know, Trump signed off. But his party should have ensured a much better product was delivered to him. Could it be that they are all just playing a cynical game with you? That they are not really conservative at all, but just scalawags looking to bamboozle you?

5 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

If America's wealthy were patriotic, they would have refused the tax cut with the proviso that the Federal Government gets its fiscal house in order. They certainly have the power to make such demands.

But they would never do that, for they worship money over country. It's not that the country is broke. No, it's that we are fast heading toward moral bankruptcy! 

look who you are talking to 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

If America's wealthy were patriotic, they would have refused the tax cut with the proviso that the Federal Government gets its fiscal house in order. They certainly have the power to make such demands.

But they would never do that, for they worship money over country. It's not that the country is broke. No, it's that we are fast heading toward moral bankruptcy! 

I was begging for the VETO. It was a horrible bill 

56 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was begging for the VETO. It was a horrible bill 

In all seriousness please be completely forthright with us (and please understand that I am not attacking you personally but I find that your attitude is the prevailing sentiment among the President’s more fervent supporters).

Do you think it was horrible because MORE MONEY wasn’t spent on a widdle Wall ®️™️©️, and not because it was the death blow to any remaining sequester caps (which were actually a very good idea when they were first implemented) and continued the runaway train of federal spending?

If Trump had gotten everything he asked for re: widdle Wall ®️©️™️ but all other spending remained the same, despite tax cuts, you would have been in favor?

13 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

In all seriousness please be completely forthright with us (and please understand that I am not attacking you personally but I find that your attitude is the prevailing sentiment among the President’s more fervent supporters).

Do you think it was horrible because MORE MONEY wasn’t spent on a widdle Wall ®️™️©️, and not because it was the death blow to any remaining sequester caps (which were actually a very good idea when they were first implemented) and continued the runaway train of federal spending?

If Trump had gotten everything he asked for re: widdle Wall ®️©️™️ but all other spending remained the same, despite tax cuts, you would have been in favor?

If he got everything he wanted even without the wall I would have been happy. More border agents more ICE agents all that good stuff. Seems like he didn't get any. Also I didn't feel that we needed another 1.3T dollar bill. It was a chance to pull back on spending and only give the raise to the military. At the very least take care of the military and move on from there. 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Seems like he didn't get any. Also I didn't feel that we needed another 1.3T dollar bill. It was a chance to pull back on spending and only give the raise to the military. At the very least take care of the military and move on from there

Are you talking about the men and women in uniform, or just broader defense spending? There is a big difference, you know. I could support the former as I think our military men and women are underpaid. The latter, hardly? There is so much damn waste in what is spent it is mind boggling!

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Are you talking about the men and women in uniform, or just broader defense spending? There is a big difference, you know. I could support the former as I think our military men and women are underpaid. The latter, hardly? There is so much damn waste in what is spent it is mind boggling!

Yes take care of the uniformed military. Then fight for the next thing at a later date. I don't know why every thing has to be lumped into a 2000 page bill. This one bill could have been broken up into multiple bills to be voted on

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes take care of the uniformed military. Then fight for the next thing at a later date. I don't know why every thing has to be lumped into a 2000 page bill. This one bill could have been broken up into multiple bills to be voted on

That is not how politics works. You have large bills as a negotiating tool. Without them both bad and good legislation would never get passed. And, I don't think the increase in defense spending is going to make our troops better paid. Most will probably go to: Lockheed Martin, Northrop, Boeing, etc., etc. That is where the lobbying power is at ... and lobbying is big business for a reason. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

That is not how politics works. You have large bills as a negotiating tool. Without them both bad and good legislation would never get passed. And, I don't think the increase in defense spending is going to make our troops better paid. Most will probably go to: Lockheed Martin, Northrop, Boeing, etc., etc. That is where the lobbying power is at ... and lobbying is big business for a reason. 

Yea I understand it doesn't work like that but right now the way it is isn't working. You could have had a 100 page bill to address 2 things instead of a 2000 page bill addressing many topics. I think some of the money is going to go towards equipment and other tools. Idk all I do know is since I started paying attention to politics several years ago I really have not been happy with anything going on

33 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea I understand it doesn't work like that but right now the way it is isn't working. You could have had a 100 page bill to address 2 things instead of a 2000 page bill addressing many topics. I think some of the money is going to go towards equipment and other tools. Idk all I do know is since I started paying attention to politics several years ago I really have not been happy with anything going on

There may be several reasons for this: 1. Could be the source of your information. 2. Could be whether it is factual information or opinion or, worse, naked propaganda. 3. If you have strong beliefs you should go out and advocate for them. Never mind we are on different sides, but I believe in democracy and feel citizens should be involved in their country's governance. Being involved tends to enhanced happiness.  4. Maybe your lack of happiness is just an internal thing. Some of us seem condemned to be unhappy in life whether it is genes or circumstances. Not knowing you, I make no judgment. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

There may be several reasons for this: 1. Could be the source of your information. 2. Could be whether it is factual information or opinion or, worse, naked propaganda. 3. If you have strong beliefs you should go out and advocate for them. Never mind we are on different sides, but I believe in democracy and feel citizens should be involved in their country's governance. Being involved tends to enhanced happiness.  4. Maybe your lack of happiness is just an internal thing. Some of us seem condemned to be unhappy in life whether it is genes or circumstances. Not knowing you, I make no judgment. 

General direction of the country especially under democratic presidents such as Obama. 

Hated the Obamacare or the affordable care act. Thought it was an absolute joke. You can't force people to buy into something they can't afford

Hate that the military was forced to accept trans gays and the rest. Thank God Trump came out with the directive today.

Hate that we don't have strong borders 

Hate that we have politicians fighting for illegals instead of American citizens

I don't like this whole era of America. I got involved by voting for Trump 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I don't like this whole era of America. I got involved by voting for Trump 

Voting is a start, but is passive involvement. True involvement means contributing time and energy. The analogy would be watching athletics versus actually competing. The former though wholesome cannot compete with the latter, especially when you are still young. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Voting is a start, but is passive involvement. True involvement means contributing time and energy. The analogy would be watching athletics versus actually competing. The former though wholesome cannot compete with the latter, especially when you are still young. 

I agree. Can do a lot more to voice my concerns and opinions. But in NY good luck ever changing it red. The whole state is decided by NYC and everyone know how much of a cesspool that is

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree. Can do a lot more to voice my concerns and opinions. But in NY good luck ever changing it red. The whole state is decided by NYC and everyone know how much of a cesspool that is

You should really move to Kentucky.

Then you could see first hand how your red tribe is doing.

#dimwit

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

LOL, this made me laugh.

most are shi$ holes. 

Georgia Tenn SC Indiana all very nice places. My brother went to Texas said he liked it. Spent a lot of time as a kid in PA very nice. Can't say really one bad thing about any red states I've been too. Gotta say those states are significantly nicer then NY NJ MA CA HI etc. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

LOL, this made me laugh.

most are shi$ holes

Driving from Florida to Houston to apply for a Chinese Visa  in 2015, I stopped in Mississippi to buy gas. Was approached by a young woman, probably in her early to mid 20s. She was asking for $2 so she could put enough gas in her car to drive home. I thought to myself, damn! I told her to follow me inside, handed the convenience store clerk $40, told him $35 on pump 9 for me, and the remaining $5 on pump, X for her. 

Up to when I was driving off, she had not stopped thanking me. I thought her situation must have been pretty sad. She was driving a car at least 15 years old. 

41 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Georgia Tenn SC Indiana all very nice places. My brother went to Texas said he liked it. Spent a lot of time as a kid in PA very nice. Can't say really one bad thing about any red states I've been too. Gotta say those states are significantly nicer then NY NJ MA CA HI etc. 

No joke, you made me laugh again :D

I'll give you Nashvlle, other than that, those states are all nasty.

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

No joke, you made me laugh again :D

I'll give you Nashvlle, other than that, those states are all nasty.

Not at all. Nashville yea is great but if you drive thru TN it is still a beautiful state. So are the other states that I mentioned. The landscape of the state's are just great. Nothing around NY and such matches those states at all

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Not at all. Nashville yea is great but if you drive thru TN it is still a beautiful state. So are the other states that I mentioned. The landscape of the state's are just great. Nothing around NY and such matches those states at all

crap mountains are crap mountains if that's what you like. NY has them too

NH is way nicer than TN for that kid of thing

Me, I like the things man has made. I love the arts and the foods, the choices the conveniences.

Plus, the weather those shit holes is unacceptable. 

and BTW, IN is just awful, absolutely awful. How could you even mention that shit hole?

you know, I "get" people not liking NJ cities. Not liking Boston is... unsettling 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

crap mountains are crap mountains if that's what you like. NY has them too

NH is way nicer than TN for that kid of thing

Me, I like the things man has made. I love the arts and the foods, the choices the conveniences.

Plus, the weather those shit holes is unacceptable. 

and BTW, IN is just awful, absolutely awful. How could you even mention that shit hole?

you know, I "get" people not liking NJ cities. Not liking Boston is... unsettling 

Been to NH. It was quite ugly. Loved Indiana. Absolutely gorgeous state.  Been to Boston absolutely nothing to rave about. I was underwhelmed when I went there. I like land guns neighbors are away from me. I like the south. Great people. Great attitudes. Beautiful women. And college football is king. Been all over this country. Nothing beats the south 

23 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Been to NH. It was quite ugly. Loved Indiana. Absolutely gorgeous state.  Been to Boston absolutely nothing to rave about. I was underwhelmed when I went there. I like land guns neighbors are away from me. I like the south. Great people. Great attitudes. Beautiful women. And college football is king. Been all over this country. Nothing beats the south 

You are #winning with trump and gump football.

You got it covered.

It doesn't really seem like you are #winning to me. You are trapped in NY with NO options. Winners have options.