Teachers are walking out in multiple states. Blame GOP economics

RedZone

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Sounds good. But trust me while working in a school district and being around teachers my whole life at least the ones I come across are not happy. So it doesnt matter what the pay is or their benefits or the days off. They hate the job and everyday they look forward to the weekend or the breaks

Those are personal attitudes that have nothing really to do with the job...

By contrast teachers by me generally have a MUCH MUCH better outlook on life with their profession, schedules, and lifestyles than most that actually have to get up everyday and go to a job....

Take that same person and stick them in a cube in some office...tell them that salaried unpaid overtime is mandatory and you can plan on working thru most holidays with no summer off......

Then see if their mood improves....

Just now, noonereal said:

Everyone bitches about their job. 

Some are even stupid enough to quit because they feel so oppressed. 

I could tell you stories... you literally would never believe. 

Bottom line, humans a failed species. 

Not failed.....but basically forced to do things in order to survive no matter how happy or miserable that certain something is. Think about how many people go to work in something that is not their passion and its the same old pattern everyday of their lives. I dont think the people that quit are stupid. I think they feel free from the situation that they are in and hopefully can bounce back and is able to do something they like

Just now, dbcaptiron said:

By contrast teachers by me generally have a MUCH MUCH better outlook on life with their profession, schedules, and lifestyles than most that actually have to get up everyday and go to a job....

Take that same person and stick them in a cube in some office...tell them that salaried unpaid overtime is mandatory and you can plan on working thru most holidays with no summer off......

They will be even more miserable and i understand thats your point. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Not failed.....but basically forced to do things in order to survive no matter how happy or miserable that certain something is. Think about how many people go to work in something that is not their passion and its the same old pattern everyday of their lives. I dont think the people that quit are stupid. I think they feel free from the situation that they are in and hopefully can bounce back and is able to do something they like

People get full of themselves, arrogant and spoiled when they have it good.

Not all but many just don't thank God they were at the right place at the right time. 

I was blessed with a great time and place. I appreciated every minute of it. For years, I worked every minute I was awake. 

Others there with me felt the job demands too great and not worth it. One even quit. Came begging to get back in. 

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

HUD ben can spend 31K on a dining room table though. 

Shit, 31 k, is that all???

Around here our fine public schooling institutions will go a good two hundred and nineteen thousand duckets for a chinese board room table....

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2014/11/kean_university_students_question_need_for_219000_conference_table.html

but it's for the 'kids' of course 9_9

Just now, noonereal said:

Not all but many just don't thank God they were at the right place at the right time. 

I was blessed with a great time and place. I appreciated every minute of it. For years, I worked every minute I was awake. 

Others there with me felt the job demands too great and not worth it. One even quit. Came begging to get back in. 

Sometimes the grass isnt greener on the other side and sometimes dealing with the situation your in can be better than the unknown situation that your looking for. Like I said in this country we have opportunities but how many of them are really for you in particular. If you look at most jobs how many of them can you see yourself in. Not looking for an answer but just general questions. We shove college and a career decision down the throats of 17/18-21 year old and then wonder what happens to some of them when they walk out of college. I just dont believe we set people up in this country to be at their happiest. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Oh ok, thanks for the clarifying explaination.

so now we all get it.....

Humans are ALL a failed species......

Except for YOU of course...

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Shit, 31 k, is that all???

Around here our fine public schooling institutions will go a good two hundred and nineteen thousand duckets for a chinese board room table....

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2014/11/kean_university_students_question_need_for_219000_conference_table.html

but it's for the 'kids' of course 9_9

Makes sense.......all these Keans were GOP puppets.

Kean University of New Jersey in Union Township, Union County, New Jersey is named after the Kean political dynasty.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It's a well known fact the Right hates public education.

You can spin anyway you like...

certainly...

that's why the 'right' prefers to go to class (and get suspended for it)....

Instead of taking part in those 'more important' democratic an very political protests...

9_9

They sure must REALLY hate it to act that way, and not use those kids as pawns for their own political gain....

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

certainly...

that's why the 'right' prefers to go to class (and get suspended for it)....

Instead of taking part in those 'more important' democratic an very political protests...

9_9

They sure must REALLY hate it to act that way, and not use those kids as pawns for their own political gain....

giphy.gif

Whatever....

30 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You don't "need" to be a little man, you choose to be. 

you don't need to be a 'Wonder Woman'...you chose to be..

giphy.gif

OH BTW....How's that 'intellectual dishonesty' working out for you these days...

Same as always???

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, noonereal said:

noonereal said:

I bullied you into posting as an adult,.

Yes you certainly are the captain of your...

giphy.gif

own Intellectually dishonest ship....

1 hour ago, dbcaptiron said:

The jobs weighs on you no matter what job you do and after a while its a pain in the ass.