Another Black gunned down in a hail of bullets in NYC yesterday

dbcaptiron

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I saw the video. 

This one is more in favor of the cops. 

The 911 calls made this what it became. 

Report of someone with a gun as opposed to something looking like a gun.

Communication is paramount.

Yeah I did not want to belabor this one (did not go nuts with links and such).. .just really for balance..and to see what some thought

These guys got a tough job...

Thanks for a very reasonable reply...

my response..."more in favor" ?  chuckle...how about...

They did a good job, or responded appropriately ?  ... too much?

56 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Family says he was harmless...just walking down the street..

Of the five police officers who responded, four fired at Vassell — killing him in a hail of 10 bullets

Do we need the video of this one???

He pointed a pipe that looked like a gun at the cops and at other people. 

31 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Yeah.

A trained eye could have determined that it was not a gun.

When you see the piece of metal, you will understand.

No barrel, just shinny and shaped like a gun.

Time for deescalation,

key word.......Time.

Slow down

Yeah...

Not so sure...

The video snippets show Vassell, 34, pointing a pipe he was holding at several people as he walked down the street.

Sorry but trained or not.....I'm not thinking this is a 'showerhead pipe'...

Like I said ....tough job to figure these things out...instantaneously

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

This guy got EXACTLY what he deserved..

How do you talk like this?

It's unchristian and uneducated?

Maybe, in the wealthiest country in the history of the world, he deserved proper medical treatment for his psychiatric problems?

--------------------------------------------

You say some really awful things. 

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Sometimes moral people must be intolerant...This was intolerant at least,at least, 28 times.....Not awful at all ....Ask those he mortified ...."Psychiatric treatment"......YOU NEVER MENTIONED THAT nor directed that comment to any of the shooters in schools,church etc...Why not ???

So you would execute people with any medical condition. OK, at least that is consistent. 

Of course, that is gonna put a lot of doctors out of business. 

Just now, Drummer61 said:

You knew my point.  Ie shootings at schools by "wackos" and other places,get rid of guns, " killers and criminals on the street,give them mental and psycho care..

care should be available to all

is this concept difficult to understand or as a christian do you think it morally wrong to take care of the poor and sick?

9 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

If you have ANY weapon AT ALL that can be considered to kill someone, AND YOU DON'T COMPLY WITH ORDERS, it is fairly simple.......................YOU WILL BE SHOT.

White, black, asian, pink, purple, orange, whatever....................YOU WILL BE SHOT.

End of story.

This is part of the problem, it's alleged there were no orders, they rolled up and fired after the victim took a shooters stance at the cops. 

Cant really blame the cops on this one though, if the man was bipolar he should have gotten mental help earlier.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

I think that is a whole other issue in itself.

It is the only issue, had he been medicated he wouldn't have been running around yielding a pipe and acting as though it's a gun.  

That tells you right there his mental issue, who in their right mind would display an imaginary weapon at cops as those they were going to shoot?

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

It is the only issue, had he been medicated he wouldn't have been running around yielding a pipe and acting as though it's a gun.  

That tells you right there his mental issue, who in their right mind would display an imaginary weapon at cops as those they were going to shoot?

There are tens of thousands if not more, people like this in every major city, roaming around.

What do you suggest?

15 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

"they should be treated earlier"........You never took this position with school or church shooters..Why not...??? 

You don't know what position I take.   

At the same time we are discussing mass shootings in society our DoD is posturing to make our military more lethal.  Gen Mattis is approaching this on two levels: focusing on the mental preparation of our elite forces and improving weapon technology.  

in society we should focus on the same thing, expanding help for mental health and limiting the type of weapons available to the public. These issues are not mutually exclusive, we can focus on both.