Another Black gunned down in a hail of bullets in NYC yesterday

dbcaptiron

30 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

There are tens of thousands if not more, people like this in every major city, roaming around.

What do you suggest?

I'd like to see these folks off the streets in state hospitals or some other type of monitored care.  I'd prefer $$ towards this than building walls. 

8 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

I can work with this.

It runs deeper than this though.  Go read about the bs they put in our foods which many experts believe is causing the uptick with mental health issues. 

These are some of things we need to focus on in making our country great:  quality food source, water and air quality schools,roads, etc. 

26 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Meds and big pharma are the biggest culprits.

They keep people dependent on the drugs needed that are caused from other man made factors.  All influenced by $$ n greed. 

Even in education and the focus on standardized testing is backed by greedy corporations that are publishers of the tests.  Their hands are all in it and don't want to see it change 

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

You too are inconsistent in your saying mental for criminals and take the guns way from us,rather threat the wackos...I caught two of you..You and Horsefly, yep...

Not at all. You, as usual, commit a fallacy of logic.

There are many factors that contribute to slaughter by gun. 

In fact, by definition, the most common factor is the gun. 

If you could eliminate all mental illness we would still have slaughter by gun. 

If you eliminated all guns you could not have slaughter by guns.

See how using logic clarifies things? 

7 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

But blame guns...and never as you do when a scumbag criminal gets shot...Then, "he was mentally unstable"...No,no...But, have a good weekend...

Mental health is not always the problem with the mass shooting, radicalism can be the culprit. A dude running around pretending a pipe is a gun is pretty easy to identify.  I already stated that we can focus on both things, addressing mental health issues and decreasing the lethality on the street...not hard to comprehend.  I would also improve security at schools and other public places as needed.  Lots of areas to look at.   

Here's my take...

WAY Too harsh to say 'deserved' etc.  ....

....without at least seeing what's on that 'rap sheet', 9_9 but even that would have to be pretty bad...

If you saw the video....this was straight up 'suicide by cop'...dude was intent.

Probably one of the toughest things for anyone from the public to put on a cop...

THAT'S, why I said it's a tough job... 

Now I'm also very SORRY to say that here I think that he got what he WANTED....

But I sure hope he did not 'want' for more...

As in to be that next name splashed all over the country and news....

that will have everyone marching in the streets...for him

14 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Here's my take...

WAY Too harsh to say 'deserved' etc.  ....

....without at least seeing what's on that 'rap sheet', 9_9 but even that would have to be pretty bad...

If you saw the video....this was straight up 'suicide by cop'...dude was intent.

Probably one of the toughest things for anyone from the public to put on a cop...

THAT'S, why I said it's a tough job... 

Now I'm also very SORRY to say that here I think that he got what he WANTED....

But I sure hope he did not 'want' for more...

As in to be that next name splashed all over the country and news....

that will have everyone marching in the streets...for him

if that WANT is tainted with irrationality from mental disorders, then his wanting to be shot and killed has to be seen with a big dose of skepticism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

if that WANT is tainted with irrationality from mental disorders, then his wanting to be shot and killed has to be seen with a big dose of skepticism.

I think we agree? I'm thinking yea, it's fairly psychotic to want to get killed, so more than a good chance that the disorder guided his choices...(so it is certainly not the same 'blame' as applied to others for his actions) 

And if there's a history of it, and has been ignored or not addressed, then his actions the other day certainly was not the only failure....

For a bystander, cop, and this guy....Just bad scene for everyone ...

Like I said, it was just used for balance...as all shootings are never the same...

This certainly is part of the 'mix', and can't be factored out...these things have just as much 'impact' on how/why things go down on the street....

A lot of the cops here now have the NAMI elephant decals on their cars now. 

We've had a couple of mentally ill people killed by local police in our town several years back. Since this NAMI training stuff, I don't think we've had another. Knock on wood. NAMI may not have anything to do with that, but I think it makes sense to train this way.

a1056f04-6436-4fe0-9f7c-b9c635287717-large16x9_wfxl_jahnkerson_namielephant.jpeg.6ed5f2f026aa6a1c9deabd086060ec5c.jpeg

• Like 1