Biggest employer in every state

TheBlockIsHot

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

ROTFLMAO!

Good to see you have a sense of humor. :)

Did you even read the article? how they came up with the list? who was part of making the list? just asking

The study analyzed survey responses from 3,000 people as well as data collected from the U.S. Census, the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the FBI Uniform Crime Report and other U.S. News rankings.

"The job market certainly still plays a major role in the decision," Thorsby adds, "but so does the affordability of the area, the quality of education, commute time and growth of the area, signifying the metro area's long-term success, among other factors."

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Did you even read the article? how they came up with the list? who was part of making the list? just asking

The study analyzed survey responses from 3,000 people as well as data collected from the U.S. Census, the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the FBI Uniform Crime Report and other U.S. News rankings.

"The job market certainly still plays a major role in the decision," Thorsby adds, "but so does the affordability of the area, the quality of education, commute time and growth of the area, signifying the metro area's long-term success, among other factors."

Not sure you understand this but I could use the same sources and put together a set of criteria that yielded the results I wanted too. 

Not terrible as they have Seattle and Portland but overall lame. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Not sure you understand this but I could use the same sources and put together a set of criteria that yielded the results I wanted too. 

Not terrible as they have Seattle and Portland but overall lame. 

Lots of people are done with NYC and such. Want better for themselves. Better overall living.

12 minutes ago, noonereal said:

OMFG

The city can't fit all the people who want to be there. 

Kid, you are special. 

giphy.gif

The U.S. Census Bureau has estimated New York City’s population at 8,622,698, as of July 1, 2017. Population growth has been fueled by the continued surplus of births over deaths (partly due to record high life expectancy), which has been partially offset by net outflows from the city.

YES....very 'special' indeed...

giphy.gif

oh and almost forgot...AS YOU SAY...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

giphy.gif

The U.S. Census Bureau has estimated New York City’s population at 8,622,698, as of July 1, 2017. Population growth has been fueled by the continued surplus of births over deaths (partly due to record high life expectancy), which has been partially offset by net outflows from the city.

YES....very 'special' indeed...

can you get a grip? It's a pain to even quote you with all the ridiculous memes. 

Question, are you serious?

Do you think NYC is not a desirable place to live? 

17 minutes ago, noonereal said:

can you get a grip? It's a pain to even quote you with all the ridiculous memes. 

Question, are you serious?

Do you think NYC is not a desirable place to live? 

First off ( just like some others in this thread) your argument is with all that 'Fake news' and the Census bureau.... not me...LOL

Second why are you not arguing with yourself??  You chose not to live there even though you could probably make considerably more money there...

So just being 'intellectually dishonest' with yourself again???

giphy.gif

Basically it's the same as Paterson or Passaic with better job opportunities....wouldn't you say?

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Walmart employs 23275 people in Georgia while Emery employs 40k.

The map is shit. 

No surprise here considering the source. 

Reading Block and Drummer is kinda like hearing the sound you make when you strum baby's lips with your finger...

Bellblehbleebluhbellbleebuhbellbeebluh

ThoughtfulTimelyBee-size_restricted.gif.fe29b9f5ed5d0c74c311d1abc799d97d.gif

xD

Post the source please. I posted mine.

It is only fair.

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Post the source please. I posted mine.

It is only fair.

https://www.careerinfonet.org/oview6.asp?soccode=&id=&nodeid=12&stfips=13&from=State

Looks like Walmart isn't included in that list for whatever reason.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2015/04/08/walmart-boosts-wages-for-its-23-275-georgia.html

Anyway, I may stand corrected about the employee count because Walmart Corporate site lists over 60k employees in Georgia.

https://corporate.walmart.com/our-story/locations/united-states/georgia#/united-states/georgia

I still stand by the lip strumming remark though. 

xD

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

https://www.careerinfonet.org/oview6.asp?soccode=&id=&nodeid=12&stfips=13&from=State

Looks like Walmart isn't included in that list for whatever reason.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2015/04/08/walmart-boosts-wages-for-its-23-275-georgia.html

Anyway, I may stand corrected about the employee count because Walmart Corporate site lists over 60k employees in Georgia.

https://corporate.walmart.com/our-story/locations/united-states/georgia#/united-states/georgia

I still stand by the lip strumming remark though. 

xD

Believe me, if it was false information, trolls like @concha would have said something immediately.

GA should be proud! LOL!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Believe me, if it was false information, trolls like @concha would have said something immediately.

GA should be proud! LOL!

I can't figure where the initial number I saw came from. 23275 in 2015 and I know for a fact that quite a few Neighborhood Markets closed since then, and the employee count increases 40k. Idk. 

The original link seems like it couldn't have been right. There is no way they hired 40k ppl in Georgia in less than 3 yrs.

51 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

So just being 'intellectually dishonest' with yourself again???

You literally can't stop, can you?

Passaic and Paterson are shitholes. Nothing even remotely similar to NYC. You know this. Why ask such silliness? 

NYC is too expensive for me. It's where I would retire if I could. I am not wealthy, I worked for a living. I had shopped for an apartment for 3 years in NYC... no luck so I got a second place down south. (not in a shit hole part though) 

The reason NYC is so expensive is because it's in such crazy demand. Freakin' hipsters in Bed-Stu!  I am still hoping to "inherit" an apartment in the city, in one of the few still tough areas. That is how desirable it is. 

I figure you are just yankin' my chain because you can't be unaware of NYC's popularity. 

9 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Maybe GA residents must be REALLY willing to work for minimum wage!

Be proud!

:D

Associates in Georgia: 61,113
Average wage: $14.01*
*For regular, full-time hourly associates in Walmart Discount Stores, Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets, as of October 31, 2017.

$14.01 is above mininum wage. Just sayin'.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Associates in Georgia: 61,113
Average wage: $14.01*
*For regular, full-time hourly associates in Walmart Discount Stores, Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets, as of October 31, 2017.

$14.01 is above mininum wage. Just sayin'.

Sure, but how many people are actually making $14 an hour?

The average is skewed because of upper management.

$7.25 is the minimum wage in GA, which is also the federal minimum age. GA has decided NOT to follow other states lead and raise its minimum wage. $7.25 was even a joke 20 years ago.

17 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You literally can't stop, can you?

Passaic and Paterson are shitholes. Nothing even remotely similar to NYC. You know this. Why ask such silliness? 

NYC is too expensive for me. It's where I would retire if I could. I am not wealthy, I worked for a living. I had shopped for an apartment for 3 years in NYC... no luck so I got a second place down south. (not in a shit hole part though) 

The reason NYC is so expensive is because it's in such crazy demand. Freakin' hipsters in Bed-Stu!  I am still hoping to "inherit" an apartment in the city, in one of the few still tough areas. That is how desirable it is. 

I figure you are just yankin' my chain because you can't be unaware of NYC's popularity. 

As I said...your argument on "group think" as related to personal choice lies with the  Census....

giphy.gif

But if you really want to know MY personal feelings.....well...much like many places...Great place to visit....would not want to live there....

And my 16 yo daughter can not wait until she can live in the Big City (from here in the Farmland)....imagine that xD...

But as I have had, and continue to have experience living in both, well I still consider my opinion a bit more 'educated' than hers.

Now the funny thing is..... we both came from 'shit cities'........ and we both now own farms in the country....

So WHO here, is actually being...... "INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST" with himself ?!?!?!?!

giphy.gif

or are you saying..... you just don't live.....what you speak?

2 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Sure, but how many people are actually making $14 an hour?

The average is skewed because of upper management.

$7.25 is the minimum wage in GA, which is also the federal minimum age. GA has decided NOT to follow other states lead and raise its minimum wage. $7.25 was even a joke 20 years ago.

I can't disagree with any of this. Still, I backed my claim with numbers directly from the Walmart corporate site. 

The least you could do is source your claim as well. :P

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

I did, if you look above.

The source for my map is actually on the bottom left of the picture.

I mean the claim for minimum wage employees at Walmart and that management skews the average pay posted on Walmart's corporate site. 

Is that there in that map as well?