Paul Ryan stepping down???

HSFBfan

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Its not free. So please stop saying its free because its not.

I said your already paid taxes go towards it. You don't pay any premiums.

I should have clarified it is a single payer system, paid for by your taxes. No premiums per say.

Or, just keep giving your tax dollars to social programs for your neighbors?

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

It could be if we went to a single payer system

But as long as the healthcare cronies and big pharma are controlling the market, it will never happen.

basically the money we could save is gone from the cost of being all inclusive 

I support universal government run healthcare but it's only half the battle and it ain't gonna save a dime. 

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

I said your already paid taxes go towards it. You don't pay any premiums.

I should have clarified it is a single payer system, paid for by your taxes. No premiums per say.

Or, just keep giving your tax dollars to social programs for your neighbors?

if those are my only two choices I would back the taxes toward the healthcare BUT i would not support a waiting list like they have in Canada. If I need to be treated I get treated. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

if those are my only two choices I would back the taxes toward the healthcare BUT i would not support a waiting list like they have in Canada. If I need to be treated I get treated. 

There are waiting lists and waiting periods even in private healthcare. I have waited months for standard procedures, even with the "best healthcare" in the world. Nothing is done immediately in our system unless it is an emergency. In Canada, it is similar.

In Canada, you can also purchase private health insurance and have more options if you are unhappy with the government system. I like that much better.

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

basically the money we could save is gone from the cost of being all inclusive 

I support universal government run healthcare but it's only half the battle and it ain't gonna save a dime. 

It would save citizens a lot of money. Maybe a bit higher taxes, but you would get rid of thousands of dollars in premiums and co pays, if not more.

We could cut A LOT of things to make this happen.

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

There are waiting lists and waiting periods even in private healthcare. I have waited months for standard procedures, even with the "best healthcare" in the world. Nothing is done immediately in our system unless it is an emergency. In Canada, it is similar.

In Canada, you can also purchase private health insurance and have more options if you are unhappy with the government system. I like that much better.

I would have to look into the Canada system more to understand more of it. Something about the government controlling my healthcare I dont like. I dont want more government in our lives. But you only gave me 2 options so I had to take the lesser of the 2 evils

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I would have to look into the Canada system more to understand more of it. Something about the government controlling my healthcare I dont like. I dont want more government in our lives. But you only gave me 2 options so I had to take the lesser of the 2 evils

The government is in your life in every country on earth. If you traveled the world like I have, you would realize how much freedom and less government you have here, than other places.

You have no idea how good you have it.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

The government is in your life in every country on earth. If you traveled the world like I have, you would realize how much freedom and less government you have here, than other places.

You have no idea how good you have it.

We have it well compared to other countries but we can do better. We can always do better. Start by getting the federal government out of everything and give the power back to each individual state. Then you will see more of your "elected" officials looking out for you. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

We have it well compared to other countries but we can do better. We can always do better. Start by getting the federal government out of everything and give the power back to each individual state. Then you will see more of your "elected" officials looking out for you. 

Or how about limiting campaign contributions and get special interest groups out of gov?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I respect your wants in this regard but as to me, I learned that the government is far more trust worth than is the private sector. 

I have also come to realize that it's more cost effective, generally speaking.