Paul Ryan stepping down???

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yes but the policy hospitals have is they have to treat someone whether they have insurance or not and if they don't have insurance they throw the bill on someone else (aka responsible middle class tax payers)

That's where the problem is

Yep, I have to pay all the high premiums and co pays so he can be treated at the hospital without paying for insurance. It sucks.

We have too many freeloaders in this country. That is why we need a single payer system with an option to buy private.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ive seen people in the ER for a headache, tooth ache etc

what were you doing  there?

and how do you know what ailments the people there had? 

and why do you infer that a headache or toothache cannot be an emergency?

I went to the ER for a headache and wound up in ICU for days, my kid went to the ER for a tooth ache as the pain was unbearable (and not something preventable)  

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

what were you doing  there?

and how do you know what ailments the people there had? 

and why do you infer that a headache or toothache cannot be an emergency?

I went to the ER for a headache and wound up in ICU for days, my kid went to the ER for a tooth ache as the pain was unbearable (and not something preventable)  

I worked at a hospital for 3 years. Because they tell you what their ailments are.

I guess they can be. Not sure never knew anyone that had to go to an ER for a headache or a toothache. Wouldnt you go to a dentist?

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

In every country on earth, you get treated, in some form or another.

That is a right to people, to citizens. As human beings.

Next up- single payer system!

Canada has that. Would have to get the population down to about 50 million people for it to work. I dont think itll work with 330 million and than the tourists that come here and get sick and end up in the hospitals as well. Problems all over the place when it comes to health. 

@HSFBfan question for you.

Would you rather your taxes go to free healthcare for all like Canada and the UK?

Or, would you rather NEVER be able to afford insurance, so that your political party cronies and get rich, and you eventually die early.

Maybe you like your taxes going to programs for illegals and poor people instead of health insurance for you?

Let me know.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

@HSFBfan question for you.

Would you rather your taxes go to free healthcare for all like Canada and the UK?

Or, would you rather NEVER be able to afford insurance, so that your political party cronies and get rich, and you eventually die early.

Maybe you like your taxes going to programs for illegals and poor people instead of health insurance for you?

Let me know.

I just dont think the "free" would work because it not free. There is a healthcare tax on everything that everyone pays into. So either way your paying. 

Id rather see the taxes i pay go directly back to me but I guess that will never happen. 

let me ask you a question. Are you afraid of dying early? serious question. Seems like most people are

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I worked at a hospital for 3 years. Because they tell you what their ailments are.

I guess they can be. Not sure never knew anyone that had to go to an ER for a headache or a toothache. Wouldnt you go to a dentist?

I had a hypertensive crisis

only manifestation was a sever headache and I mean sever headache. Worse than migraines.I knew something was very wrong. 

Tooth, crack one and have an exposed nerve.  Wild pain that is only partly helped by narcotics. 

But of course these things only happen to "other people" so you don't have to worry, you never need medical help. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I just dont think the "free" would work because it not free. There is a healthcare tax on everything that everyone pays into. So either way your paying. 

Id rather see the taxes i pay go directly back to me but I guess that will never happen. 

let me ask you a question. Are you afraid of dying early? serious question. Seems like most people are

You didn't answer my question.

Would you rather have you already high taxes go towards your healthcare? Or would you rather not have it and have outrageous prices, so your political party can continue to get rich?

And no, I am not afraid of dying early. But you cannot control mother nature or predict the future. All you can do is protect yourself as much as possible. Not having healthcare, or participating in preventative healthcare is an early death sentence.

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

You didn't answer my question.

Would you rather have you already high taxes go towards your healthcare? Or would you rather not have it and have outrageous prices, so your political party can continue to get rich?

And no, I am not afraid of dying early. But you cannot control mother nature or predict the future. All you can do is protect yourself as much as possible. Not having healthcare, or participating in preventative healthcare is an early death sentence.

I would rather my high taxes go to things that can help me today. Not something that I may need 30 years from now. 

you seem to be afraid as you bring it up all the time how much you wanna protect yourself. Im ok with it. Whenever I get the call and my life ends im ok with it i truly am. I made peace with it long ago

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I had a hypertensive crisis

only manifestation was a sever headache and I mean sever headache. Worse than migraines.I knew something was very wrong. 

Tooth, crack one and have an exposed nerve.  Wild pain that is only partly helped by narcotics. 

But of course these things only happen to "other people" so you don't have to worry, you never need medical help. 

Im sorry this happened to you. Im guess im very lucky. My health is great. No ailments at all. 

2 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Would you rather have you already high taxes go towards your healthcare? Or would you rather not have it and have outrageous prices

sadly, the systemic problem of rising healthcare prices is not addressed through universal healthcare so your choices are a fallacy. :(

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

But they don't.

They go to programs for OTHER PEOPLE that don't benefit you in any way.

So if they proposed free healthcare with the taxes you pay, you would be opposed to that?

Its not free. So please stop saying its free because its not. Canada makes everyone and i mean everyone citizens tourists etc to pay into their healthcare by a healthcare tax on food clothes and other items. So it is not free. Also Canada has a smaller population than the state of CA. so why doesnt CA try it first and lets see if it works for you guys. You be the guinea pigs