Grayson 4 turns their back on UGA.

HooverOutlaw

18 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The difference in approach is night and day. The players noticed from day 1 of Kirby arriving on campus.

That's not to say Richt was a bad coach, in fact he was better than most. He was never going to consistently compete for titles though with the culture he brought to UGA football.

I'm sure you could ask every player who played for both and they would agree.

It's no coincidence that in year 2, Kirby did what Richt couldn't do in 15 seasons, and he did it with Richt's leftovers.

Dude, you are showing some selective memory here.

Richt

Year School G W L T Pct SRS SOS AP Pre AP High AP Post Bowl Notes
2001 Georgia 12 8 4 0 .667 11.51 3.60   15 22 Music City Bowl-L  
2002 Georgia 14 13 1 0 .929 18.18 3.96 8 3 3 Sugar Bowl-W  

Smart

Year School G W L T Pct SRS SOS AP Pre AP High AP Post Bowl Notes
2016 Georgia 13 8 5 0 .615 3.64 2.57 18 9   Liberty Bowl-W  
2017 Georgia 15 13 2 0 .867 22.47 7.01 15 2 2 Rose Bowl-W, College Football Championship-L  

Those two seasons are very similar.  The ranking process changed between the two so it is hard to make a direct comparison but jeepers, those are almost identical seasons.  I understand your enthusiasm for Smart but don't let it cloud your objectivity.

12 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He didn't bash Richt, in fact he applauded him as a man to look up to as a person. 

The entire locker room seemed more than happy with the change in mentality from what Chubb said.

I think you're just playing devil's advocate at this point.

I'm not saying Kirby will play for a title every single season, much less win it. What I'm saying is the mentality and foundational changes are going to improve our odds.

It's going to take the rest of the division actually being better than us, not UGA regressing that will make the other teams "appear" better.

Did I say he bashed Richt??? No...

I said who would bash a coach who helped him become successful (BOTH Have).  

Guess I could have worded it better.

And what makes you think it's not possible for Georgia to regress?

5 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Players who do this are scared of competition. How many lbs has Kirby been part sending to the next level  NFL and winning a national title . A ton

GUS Zero.

Alabama has always got top running backs but 5 stars keeping coming.

Plus after football is over and back in Atlanta it will be A lot easier to get a good job being a former UGA player than a turn coat Auburn player.

Does the idiot light stay on 24/7 or just intermittently?

Reeks of BlockLogic.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Your assumption is that Owen can't/won't move on to the NFL.  Your assumptions regarding Grayson have been wrong in the past.  Oh by the way, going to Auburn vs GA causing problems with him getting a job offer in Atlanta would be seriously wrong.  You are just chapped he didn't choose Alabama to play for your lord and master but instead chose your arch in-state rival.