John CurtIs to play 4 games at Tulane's Yulman Stadium.

RedZone

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@RedZone is JC boys only ? If it is by GHSA law they get doubled when classified theyd be 2A by GA standards. If theyre coed then they would be 1A. 

Coed and they have the D1 champs in girls softball and basketball and one of the top 4 girls track teams in the state. They "discover" athletes on the girls side too.

23 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yall "fussing" about the Catholic League...

Hell I'm just trying to figure out who is going to put up a fight in the Northern half of LA atm...

Even West Monroe and Neville got issues they gotta fix...

Oh and 1-5A is going to be a crapshoot this season (Evangel wins it by default based on talent...)

This might be the year of the Baton Rouge area...

Evangel graduates a lot. 1-5A should at least be closer. I don't think the talent will be too much different, but the coaching should be. What's ECA's new qb looking like? Even there last qb who was supposed to be great still struggled against good teams. If they don't have the hosses on the line and the guys to catch, that offense can get flaccid.

2 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Coed and they have the D1 champs in girls softball and basketball and one of the top 4 girls track teams in the state. They "discover" athletes on the girls side too.

Then 1A and I'ma tell you right now we have no school in 1A public capable of competing with JC. Theres atleast 5 1A private schools that have potential if they recruit:

North Cobb Christian 

Athens Academy 

Eagles Landing Christian Academy 

Mount Vernon 

Mount Paran Catholic 

But for the most part if JC competed in GA they would have to play 4A schools or higher to find suitable teams.

7 hours ago, chalmetteowl said:

and when that happens... Ehret and Landry Walker and Karr go downhill...

yes. Landry Walker graduated everyone and we're ahead of them for 2018 calpreps. Tucker will break through and win a playoff game soon, when we host one, and we'll be well over 2,000 students soon.

Yes and no. There is enough talent to go around for all those teams. The WB just needed to reach equilibrium again. In the past 10 years or so several new high school options opened on the WB: Landry-Walker combined and continued to grow and now is 5A, Helen Cox became a high school and is now 4A, NOMMA opened and is already 4A and is located right where Walker used to be, Thomas Jefferson opened and is already 3A, Fisher moved up to 2A, Patrick Taylor moved from EB to WB and is now 2A, and then while it is now closing, Algiers Tech was opened for a few years. Don't forget 5A schools of West Jeff, Higgins, Ehrert, and 4A Belle Chasse. There became a ton of options for WB kids including going to EB schools and Rummel, DLS and Curtis raided the WB the past decade. Many of these schools are going to hit their capacity soon and or have already done so, and when that happens that talent shuffle won't be as bad as it has been post-Katrina. 

Also, with Shaw opening the on-campus stadium (which only Fisher and West Jeff have as well), it's going to help draw some kids in. The westbank is the biggest hotbed of talent in the state and will continue to fuel the majority of the good teams in the NOLA metro area.

23 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Then 1A and I'ma tell you right now we have no school in 1A public capable of competing with JC. Theres atleast 5 1A private schools that have potential if they recruit:

North Cobb Christian 

Athens Academy 

Eagles Landing Christian Academy 

Mount Vernon 

Mount Paran Catholic 

But for the most part if JC competed in GA they would have to play 4A schools or higher to find suitable teams.

Well you have to understand the dynamic of the school. It is a sports academy in everything but name. They get off of school for Battle on the Border so the school can travel to Shreveport. The school starts three weeks later than everyone else so that the football team can practice unfettered leading into the first game or jamboree. They take in "troubled" youth who happen to be good at sports all the time and getting kicked out requires a lot of work. Don't be fooled by the numbers. 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im not gonna pretend like im some Louisiana genius because im not. 

But JC,Zachary,West Monroe and U-Lab need to play each other. Like have an event in LSU stadium or the superdome. 

That would be nice....

U-Lab would be favored in 2 of those 3 teams listed...

They're pretty loaded this year.

3 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Evangel graduates a lot. 1-5A should at least be closer. I don't think the talent will be too much different, but the coaching should be. What's ECA's new qb looking like? Even there last qb who was supposed to be great still struggled against good teams. If they don't have the hosses on the line and the guys to catch, that offense can get flaccid.

That's the thing though...All the Evangel QB needs to do is throw simple routes and they'll dominate the district...

Remember...Bossier City teams are traditionally weak on D...Especially against the pass...

The South will (well...should) wreck them come playoff time...again...

...if West Monroe and Neville don't do it 1st..

I don't even think the coaching gap is as big as some of those scores recently. I think kids just assume the L and move on. Look at what happened when Curtis moved to 5A. All these local teams were giving them great games left and right because they had kids who believed they could beat them and coaches willing to tell them that too. Curtis still wins the Catholic league each year because of continuity of coaching though. Too many coaches flying around school to school to try to be the next big thing. Curtis coaches know they will be DL, RB, DB coaches etc for 30 years and are completely fine with that. 

9 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Yes and no. There is enough talent to go around for all those teams. The WB just needed to reach equilibrium again. In the past 10 years or so several new high school options opened on the WB: Landry-Walker combined and continued to grow and now is 5A, Helen Cox became a high school and is now 4A, NOMMA opened and is already 4A and is located right where Walker used to be, Thomas Jefferson opened and is already 3A, Fisher moved up to 2A, Patrick Taylor moved from EB to WB and is now 2A, and then while it is now closing, Algiers Tech was opened for a few years. Don't forget 5A schools of West Jeff, Higgins, Ehrert, and 4A Belle Chasse. There became a ton of options for WB kids including going to EB schools and Rummel, DLS and Curtis raided the WB the past decade. Many of these schools are going to hit their capacity soon and or have already done so, and when that happens that talent shuffle won't be as bad as it has been post-Katrina. 

Also, with Shaw opening the on-campus stadium (which only Fisher and West Jeff have as well), it's going to help draw some kids in. The westbank is the biggest hotbed of talent in the state and will continue to fuel the majority of the good teams in the NOLA metro area.

I also forgot Hahnville who isn't that far from what we've mentioned... The WB is so top heavy, if you're not one of the good teams, its a hard road up. Won't really count Fisher and South Plaquemines though as that stretches the limits of the NOLA area. Those are average rural teams who have the misfortune of playing NOLA select powerhouses in district.

Lafitte is all of 25 minutes from downtown. I grew up right by that area. I've known some good athletes from down that way. Remember Duke Reilly lived in the South Plaq area but went to Curtis. People in the NOLA area drive a lot. I went to school with some kids at Shaw who came in from Port Sulphur.