John CurtIs to play 4 games at Tulane's Yulman Stadium.

RedZone

We play one there this year vs Teurlings Catholic (Lafayette). Rummel played Jesuit at Yulman last year. 

Last year was the first year Yulman Stadium hosted high school games and it went pretty well. Better than well actually.

Anyways, John Curtis has Shaw, Brother Martin, Jesuit and St Aug at Yulman

The Patriots will play home games at Yulman Stadium against Archbishop Shaw and Brother Martin. John Curtis will also be the designated road team in games against Jesuit and St Aug.

Archbishop Rummel will play Teurlings Catholic and De la Salle will play a home game against a yet unnamed opponent as part of the six game package.

https://wgno.com/2018/04/27/six-pack-tulane-expands-prep-football-schedule-at-yulman-stadium/

Really a nice high school venue....

image_handler.jpg

I guess since it is closer to home there will be plenty of fans.  I know when we played JC at the Independence Bowl in Shreveport there weren't a lot of fans in the stands.  That has to be a little hard on the boys.  The other side of that is they can pay attention to who is at the game.  A Grayson player came up to me at a local event earlier this year and asked me if I went to Grayson ball games.  When I said yes, he said he saw me in the stands at Shreveport.  🙂 

It's not an attendance thing > 99.7%? of the high schools in NOLA do NOT have their own football stadiums. So, Tulane stepping up is pretty cool. We have about 6 stadiums now being utilized for high school football in the City and a couple on the Westbank of NOLA...

BOB never draws mammoth crowds.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's not an attendance thing > 99.7%? of the high schools in NOLA do NOT have their own football stadiums. So, Tulane stepping up is pretty cool. We have about 6 stadiums now being utilized for high school football in the City and a couple on the Westbank of NOLA...

BOB never draws mammoth crowds.

Mammoth crowds?  Ha!  There were more security and vendors present than fans.

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Mammoth crowds?  Ha!  There were more security and vendors present than fans.

Probably.......No one in Louisiana has ever heard of Grayson. Sorry, dude.

John Curtis vs Archbishop Rummel always packs a decent crowd though.

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Probably.......No one in Louisiana has ever heard of Grayson. Sorry, dude.

John Curtis vs Archbishop Rummel always packs a decent crowd though.

Oh I get that.  There weren't may fans for JC there either.  Nor were there many there for the previous game.  Anyway, glad to hear there will be lots of fans.  The players will be glad.

35 minutes ago, Fred said:

There weren't may fans for JC there either. 

Curtis is tiny (415 enrollment, high school) and it's a 5 hour trip to Shreveport.

Curtis would be a 1A school in GA most likely.

Photo from Curtis vs Bergen Catholic in NOLA. Curtis sideline may have had 2500 all total. Bergen Catholic 25 on their side.

1264786_597197200330913_753779379_o.jpg

• Like 1

HS football doesn't draw the same crowds it used to in NOLA. Selling out EJ or WJ wasn't out of the question. Now it's spacious in the stands. I've noticed that on a smaller level with other sports as well.

Tulane doing this is because A) it makes them money and B) they want to get every kid from NOLA who doesn't commit to an SEC school to come to them, and it has started to work. The recent push for better talent has shown. I think Tulane had 2 guys drafted last week.

But in terms of competition, I don't see much coming from those Curtis games. This might be the worst year for the Catholic league that I can remember. Curtis will run away with it and Aug will probably be the next best team.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:09 PM, Fred said:

I guess since it is closer to home there will be plenty of fans.  I know when we played JC at the Independence Bowl in Shreveport there weren't a lot of fans in the stands.  That has to be a little hard on the boys.  The other side of that is they can pay attention to who is at the game.  A Grayson player came up to me at a local event earlier this year and asked me if I went to Grayson ball games.  When I said yes, he said he saw me in the stands at Shreveport.  🙂 

It can be done, just need the right teams...  in 2001 the regular season game of Evangel vs West Monroe drew 40,000 to Independence Stadium and I was one of them  😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Reb72 said:

It can be done, just need the right teams...  in 2001 the regular season game of Evangel vs West Monroe drew 40,000 to Independence Stadium and I was one of them  😉

And we know that ain't happening soon mainly becausr Evangel's no longer top dog National wise...So the "Shreveport Bandwagon Eagles fans" no longer go to their games... 

Only game that would draw anything remotely close in Shreveport these days would be an unbeaten Evangel and Byrd match...

The Bossier City folks don't really like traveling to Independence Stadium...Parkway gets great support for a Bossier Parish school...

The rest...pfft...

On 5/4/2018 at 8:23 PM, westbankeagle said:

HS football doesn't draw the same crowds it used to in NOLA. Selling out EJ or WJ wasn't out of the question. Now it's spacious in the stands. I've noticed that on a smaller level with other sports as well.

Tulane doing this is because A) it makes them money and B) they want to get every kid from NOLA who doesn't commit to an SEC school to come to them, and it has started to work. The recent push for better talent has shown. I think Tulane had 2 guys drafted last week.

But in terms of competition, I don't see much coming from those Curtis games. This might be the worst year for the Catholic league that I can remember. Curtis will run away with it and Aug will probably be the next best team.

The Catholic League will be SO down Archbishop Shaw might win a league game. How many years has it been?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

The Catholic League will be SO down Archbishop Shaw might win a league game. How many years has it been?

Enough years. But all things, teams will ebb and flow on top. This year you will see start to move just up a bit and we will start to see Rummel move down as well.

5 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Who is John Curtis?? Why do you guys talk about teams that are not on a national platform....I do not know of this team you speak of

Then you aren't/haven't been paying attention.

They are famous because they played Grayson!  😁

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2018 at 2:49 PM, westbankeagle said:

Not to mention those title runs were fueled by West bank kids. Its just a matter of time until going back to Shaw becomes fashionable. Tgen lets watch Rummel try to float with just Metairie talent.

and when that happens... Ehret and Landry Walker and Karr go downhill...

yes. Landry Walker graduated everyone and we're ahead of them for 2018 calpreps. Tucker will break through and win a playoff game soon, when we host one, and we'll be well over 2,000 students soon.

Yall "fussing" about the Catholic League...

Hell I'm just trying to figure out who is going to put up a fight in the Northern half of LA atm...

Even West Monroe and Neville got issues they gotta fix...

Oh and 1-5A is going to be a crapshoot this season (Evangel wins it by default based on talent...)

This might be the year of the Baton Rouge area...

11 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yall "fussing" about the Catholic League...

Hell I'm just trying to figure out who is going to put up a fight in the Northern half of LA atm...

Even West Monroe and Neville got issues they gotta fix...

Oh and 1-5A is going to be a crapshoot this season (Evangel wins it by default based on talent...)

This might be the year of the Baton Rouge area...

Im not gonna pretend like im some Louisiana genius because im not. 

But JC,Zachary,West Monroe and U-Lab need to play each other. Like have an event in LSU stadium or the superdome.