NYC considering safe injection sites

noonereal

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

These are designated , indoor facilities where addicts can safely "shoot up."

they have been successful on many fronts in both Europe and Canada. 

Your thoughts?

I'm all for it.  Btw, have you seen the programs on CNN with that doctor who has been looking into marijuana as a way to get off opiods?  Very promising but of course the gov't hates pot and science.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Why do you feel this way?

As a family member of a dead relative to an overdose we need to get the drugs off the streets and not condone this behavior by watching someone do it "safely." I am all for executing all drug dealers and i might be coming from an emotional standpoint but thats how I feel on the situation.

Look at it again its NYC a liberal shit hole. Same problem in another liberal city SF where there is shit maps and needles and everything else. Why is this acceptable in liberal cities??

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

These are designated , indoor facilities where addicts can safely "shoot up."

they have been successful on many fronts in both Europe and Canada. 

Your thoughts?

I think Dr. Ronny Jackson would be a good person to head that up. 

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

As a family member of a dead relative to an overdose we need to get the drugs off the streets and not condone this behavior by watching someone do it "safely." I am all for executing all drug dealers and i might be coming from an emotional standpoint but thats how I feel on the situation.

Look at it again its NYC a liberal shit hole. Same problem in another liberal city SF where there is shit maps and needles and everything else. Why is this acceptable in liberal cities??

Bc they care about people maybe.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Thanks for your perspective. I also lost someone very close to me. 

Providing a safe space is not condoning however.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I saw you condone drug use so having a conversation btw the 2 of us on the subject wouldnt go far

If you care about people why would you want anyone on drugs???

If you start from a fallacy, which you are, the most pure logic thereafter is rendered defective. 

I think that people are going to get the drugs and use them anyway. I also think government entities, probably many of them, profit vastly from sale of illicit drugs in multiple ways. 

If we consider that, and we understand that there is no true will to stop the use of these drugs, then we still come to the conclusion that we should care about our neighbor, in spite of the fact that maybe they are an addict, then, safe places could be a crutch to save people until we find a way to solve the problem that got them into the situation they were in that got them addicted to start with. 

That seems much better than cleaning up the bodies in the alleys. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that people are going to get the drugs and use them anyway. I also think government entities, probably many of them, profit vastly from sale of illicit drugs in multiple ways. 

If we consider that, and we understand that there is no true will to stop the use of these drugs, then we still come to the conclusion that we should care about our neighbor, in spite of the fact that maybe they are an addict, then, safe places could be a crutch to save people until we find a way to solve the problem that got them into the situation they were in that got them addicted to start with. 

That seems much better than cleaning up the bodies in the alleys. 

start executing every drug dealer locked up. than the word will get out

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Rotflmao

I kinda feel bad for you. 

If you saying its ok to do an action then you are 100% supporting it. I do not support the proposal. I will probably never support anything that ever comes out of NYC unless of course its illegals getting locked up and maybe one day the resurgence of the death penalty

start executing every drug dealer locked up. than the word will get out

Not going to happen. They need those guys. 

How else can they keep making money? Pay offs, lobbying etc. 

The government does not care. Will not care ever. They need a portion of the population jacked up on dope all the time. They like the cartel pay offs. They like the big pharma donations to their campaigns and the local guys love making 120k per night court session on fines. 

If they execute the dealer, then the money dries up. 

• Thanks 1

Not going to happen. They need those guys. 

How else can they keep making money? Pay offs, lobbying etc. 

The government does not care. Will not care ever. They need a portion of the population jacked up on dope all the time. They like the cartel pay offs. They like the big pharma donations to their campaigns and the local guys love making 120k per night court session on fines. 

If they execute the dealer, then the money dries up. 

Sad but true. Cant argue any point you made

• Like 1

Sad but true. Cant argue any point you made

It is very sad.

So, we are left with limited options and a death epidemic on our hands. We could turn our backs on the bodies in the streets or try to crutch over the worst times until we can find a better way. 

The options are poor all around I'm afraid. 

It is very sad.

So, we are left with limited options and a death epidemic on our hands. We could turn our backs on the bodies in the streets or try to crutch over the worst times until we can find a better way. 

The options are poor all around I'm afraid. 

I dont know the answers. Like i said i know I am putting emotion into this conversation so maybe it is a conversation I should bow out of. not sure

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Five years in prison would best help them kick their habits. IMO many more will soon die from enabling addicts this way. 

Yeah but as we all know drugs are in our prisons and jails. We have to make penalties so much harsher in this country

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Five years in prison would best help them kick their habits. IMO many more will soon die from enabling addicts this way. 

We've tried this method. They get the drugs in jail too. Too many guards are just like the politicians. Everyone is greedy and subject to pay off. 

Also, refer back to the execution answer. The government makes too much off of keeping these addicts and dealers in turmoil. 

Time to shift gears and try something different being that we are handcuffed by the improprieties of our government officials, all the way down to the local sheriff. 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

My nephew is a heroine addict. He's currently in jail for robbery in order to support his habit. If he weren't there, he'd be dead by now. Prison may give him a shot to clean his life up. So far so good. 

God Bless and I hope he kicks it. My cousin wasnt as fortunate and is now 6 feet under