April best month in history for budget

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

explain

It's really simple. The tax cuts, coupled with the spending deal that was approved, will add another 2 trillion to our national debt via monthly/annual deficits over the next two years. It's real, simple math. That April happened to be positive is like saying because we have one counter trend month, the obvious will not happen. 

While the tax cuts will increase growth (which will be positive for the budget via slightly higher tax revenues), they will not compensate for the reduction in revenues caused by lower rates. Unless Corporations reinvested at least 75% of the benefits from the tax cuts into business expansion and increased hiring (or if they payed them out in dividends and stock buybacks then the recipients thereof would need to make the investments in lieu of the Corporations), our deficit and debt will explode. You can't give away the house and expect to have a bed free from the wind and rain.  

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

It's really simple. The tax cuts, coupled with the spending deal that was approved, will add another 2 trillion to our national debt via monthly/annual deficits over the next two years. It's real, simple math. That April happened to be positive is like saying because we have one counter trend month, the obvious will not happen. 

While the tax cuts will increase growth (which will be positive for the budget via slightly higher tax revenues), they will not compensate for the reduction in revenues caused by lower rates. Unless Corporations reinvested at least 75% of the benefits from the tax cuts into business expansion and increased hiring (or if they payed them out in dividends and stock buybacks then the recipients thereof would need to make the investments in lieu of the Corporations), our deficit and debt will explode. You can't give away the house and expect to have a bed free from the wind and rain.  

What I though. 

No more thanks.PNG

35 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Trump is in the middle of cutting out money in that bill that was passed. He also found another 50 million I believe I read yesterday of waste that we were spending money on. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Trump is in the middle of cutting out money in that bill that was passed. He also found another 50 million I believe I read yesterday of waste that we were spending money on. 

It remains to be seen if he can. With respect to the 50 million, that, my friend, is chump change. Won't make any difference. To you or me maybe, but to the government, hardly. 

48 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It remains to be seen if he can. With respect to the 50 million, that, my friend, is chump change. Won't make any difference. To you or me maybe, but to the government, hardly. 

Its something tho. Better than 0. At this point if were 20 trillion or 10 trillion in debt it doesn't seem to be a difference. 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Its something tho. Better than 0. At this point if were 20 trillion or 10 trillion in debt it doesn't seem to be a difference

WTF? That's a huge difference. It's way bigger than the difference between me having no mortgage or a $1 min mortgage. And believe me the difference between those two are huge for me!!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

WTF? That's a huge difference. It's way bigger than the difference between me having no mortgage or a $1 min mortgage. And believe me the difference between those two are huge for me!!

Sounds good. Like I said no reason to go back and forth. Were not gonna agree. The country is going great in my opinion and of course your gonna disagree and of course I'm good with that. I'm very excited for the next 6 years of Trump 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Sounds good. Like I said no reason to go back and forth. Were not gonna agree. The country is going great in my opinion and of course your gonna disagree and of course I'm good with that. I'm very excited for the next 6 years of Trump 

Um, I think he has 2.5, not 6. But we are good with the rest. I will also give you an update on MPX next Monday evening. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Um, I think he has 2.5, not 6. But we are good with the rest. I will also give you an update on MPX next Monday evening. 

I think he wins 2020. Another thing we disagree on which again is fine and not something that we have to go back and forth on

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I think he wins 2020. Another thing we disagree on which again is fine and not something that we have to go back and forth on

2020 is a long way away. It's not clear to me with all the crap going on that he will be running in 2020. Time will tell. Stay tuned.

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

2020 is a long way away. It's not clear to me with all the crap going on that he will be running in 2020. Time will tell. Stay tuned.

He already stated hes running in 2020. Quickest president to ever come out and say hes running for reelection. Looks like his influence in west virginia is working. Blankenship is losing the Republican primary big. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Notice how trump is attempting a line item veto after the fact? Not a bad move. 

Kinda makes passing legislation a waste of time though. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This is what happens in banana republics. We are rapidly reducing politics in the USA to that level. It is deeply troubling!

10 hours ago, noonereal said:

It makes sense. Sign the bill. Get the military the money than start cutting out all the stuff you didnt want

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It makes sense. 

Yes it does yet I think it's another terrible precedent being set however. 

He should have never signed the bill then. 

I think it is a certainty that presidential powers, which have grown dramatically and seem to be accelerating under recent administrations, will be reigned in post Trump and should be. We elect a President not a dictator. 

Thoughts? 

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It makes sense. Sign the bill. Get the military the money than start cutting out all the stuff you didnt want

That's not how democratic governments operate. This smacks of something Putin would do. Oh, I forgot, Putin and DJT are pretty close, indeed!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

That's not how democratic governments operate. This smacks of something Putin would do. Oh, I forgot, Putin and DJT are pretty close, indeed!

Well someone back in the day gave the President these powers. And so if POTUS has the right than he is acting within those rights.

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Yes it does yet I think it's another terrible precedent being set however. 

He should have never signed the bill then. 

I think it is a certainty that presidential powers, which have grown dramatically and seem to be accelerating under recent administrations, will be reigned in post Trump and should be. We elect a President not a dictator. 

Thoughts? 

He signed the bill due to the military from what I read. He wanted the money for the military. COS Kelly told trump that if he didnt sign it he wouldn't get the money. So he signed it. Now he goes back and cuts out the stuff he doesn't want. 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

He signed the bill due to the military from what I read. He wanted the money for the military. COS Kelly told trump that if he didnt sign it he wouldn't get the money. So he signed it. Now he goes back and cuts out the stuff he doesn't want. 

I know what time it is and I am not against what he is cutting.

I am however very much against the creation of a dictatorial president who subverts the will of congress.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I know what time it is and I am not against what he is cutting.

I am however very much against the creation of a dictatorial president who subverts the will of congress.  

Again he has these powers. He did not make them up. Now what he wants to cut may have to go to Congress not sure about that. 

On 5/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, HSFBfan said:

If there is no need to go back and forth... Why in the actual hell to you post threads on here. This place is all about back and forth. 

I don't get you. 

Well, that's a lie. Actually I do get you. As soon as there is intelligent talk from the opposition to whatever dumb link you posted (because you didn't want back and forth 9_9)n you put your fingers in your ears and stomp your feet making noise. lalalalalalalalalala

image.jpeg.c78be6c7e258c4cd33358046593084fd.jpeg