April best month in history for budget

HSFBfan

7 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Its great news.....we had a surplus for the month. 

We always have surpluses in April. That's when people who wait till the last minute to file and/or extend, pay what's owed or estimates thereof. Based on the effect of the tax cuts and the big spending passed by congress and signed off on by the President, we should be down more than an additional trillion and a half by year's end. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

We always have surpluses in April. That's when people who wait till the last minute to file and/or extend, pay what's owed or estimates thereof. Based on the effect of the tax cuts and the big spending passed by congress and signed off on by the President, we should be down more than an additional trillion and a half by year's end. 

Well we had a bigger surplus than they thought. Wait til tax cuts 2.0 and the permanent tax cuts for individuals. Tonight is a big night 4 big primaries going on. WV is obv the most intriguing 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Trust me, we are screwed!

Nah we good. Wall street rebounded nicely today from -120 at 3pm to up very very slightly at end of day. People are not worried about the deficit. Btw we narrowed the deficit by 10 billion in 1 month. Not too shabby. I think the rhetoric of the world is burning Is played out. I'm excited to see the polls close tonight