the era of "Intellectual Dark Web" and the return to free thought

Eddyr2

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Not for everybody.

Some don't want everyone to have their say.

That intellect word is to be used sparingly around these parts.

People who limit free speech or free thought are not conservative or liberal...no, those type of people are called ideological authoritarian tyrants and/or fascist...don’t be a fascist buddy. Thanks!

BBD1804A-9E3C-4F81-B861-328CF89FE156.jpeg

12 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I love all these guys/gals despite disagreeing with many on almost every issue..free thought, open discussion, were people assume you are a person of good will and are not a "sexist racist homophobe"...somewhere Aristotle is smiling

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/intellectual-dark-web.html

merlin_136770162_abb672eb-183a-4d2d-9e40-9fe45733f1d2-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Do you not see a similar group on here? 

Although, at times, we get a murmur of displeasure with being so open to discussion without "adequate" moderation, in general, free discussion happens here.

The only real thing we can't tolerate around here is intolerance. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Do you not see a similar group on here? 

Although, at times, we get a murmur of displeasure with being so open to discussion without "adequate" moderation, in general, free discussion happens here.

The only real thing we can't tolerate around here is intolerance. 

Yes I do like how things are run here. Free thought is the one of most important thing in this world.

Intolerance is okay, in fact free though should spark intolerance. One should know where others stand that way one can decide  whether someone is worthy of engagement.

vulgarity on the other hand doesn’t has a place in civil discussion. Vulgarity shows emotion and civil discussion should be based on reason not emotion.

26 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Yes I do like how things are run here. Free thought is the one of most important thing in this world.

Intolerance is okay, in fact free though should spark intolerance. Once should know where others stand that way one can decide weather someone is worthy of engagement.

vulgarity on the other hand doesn’t has a place in civil discussion. Vulgarity shows emotion and civil discussion should be based on reason not emotion.

Sadly, it seems like we can't have free thought, on here, without vulgarity. 

• Sad 1

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Maybe I should rephrase for you? Would "idiots" be more PC?

Yes, but PC not the issue. Just seems odd to use that word when you are insinuating others aren’t educated. Could just be me 🤷‍♂

54 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nothing like getting owned by someone that's always winning. Even if it's in their own mind. 

I wish you luck with breaking the chains of ownage by that "winner". 

xD

LOL...indeed. xD

Such a kind move on you guys' part...he was missed. Definitely not enough "winning" going on without him.

Can we get some free thought and whatnot for this New Mexico congressional political ad?

I guess this guy is a free thinker type too.

The story is... Federal election law requires a station to give equal access to airtime for political ads. The stations also aren't allowed to edit political ads, even bleep out foul language.

Not sure it's gonna work out for the candidate in votes but, pretty wild move on his part. Taking advantage of the election laws and taking it to a new level. Politics are getting pretty wild these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=nu_7m--Ozrs

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Can we get some free thought and whatnot for this New Mexico congressional political ad?

I guess this guy is a free thinker type too.

The story is... Federal election law requires a station to give equal access to airtime for political ads. The stations also aren't allowed to edit political ads, even bleep out foul language.

Not sure it's gonna work out for the candidate in votes but, pretty wild move on his part. Taking advantage of the election laws and taking it to a new level. Politics are getting pretty wild these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=nu_7m--Ozrs

I don’t know about free thinker, HawgGoneIt. More like free speaker, as in Eff You, if you don’t agree with me, here it is.... hahaha.

More than likely it wasn’t aired over conventional networks, just YouTube and what’s surprising some conservative sites such as Prager which contains no profanity and is not incendiary other than being legalistic conservative cleavage to the constitution is banned. 

So YouTube a private entity is foisting it’s partisan politics on the viewing public. It’s up to the viewers to figure that out. 

Im always going to sit on the fence and weigh the facts and try my damn best to peel back the layers to get at the truth. 

As always,

BufordGaWolves