Trump gets a win at SCOTUS

HSFBfan

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

And that's a good thing to your way of thinking? Since you are not a member of the employer class, you should consider whether this does you good or not. 

Its does me neither. Just stating what the article said. Article said win for Trump. And from what I understand it sounds like it could be a precedent for the decision about to come on unions. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Its does me neither. Just stating what the article said. Article said win for Trump. And from what I understand it sounds like it could be a precedent for the decision about to come on unions. 

And you think unions should be gutted. And, I ask again, how is this a good thing for you? Even though you probably don't belong to one, strong labor standards benefit all working people, believe it or not. A lack of protections leads to horrendous working conditions as businesses seek to keep the profits for management and shareholders. Yeah, I know you own a little stock. 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

And you think unions should be gutted. And, I ask again, how is this a good thing for you? Even though you probably don't belong to one, strong labor standards benefit all working people, believe it or not. A lack of protections leads to horrendous working conditions as businesses seek to keep the profits for management and shareholders. Yeah, I know you own a little stock. 

My whole family is union and yes I believe they should be gutted. Alot of wages in the unions are out of control. Pensions eating up a lot of money. No my union is horrible. Cant wait for the decision so I can pull my money out and stop contributing. The biggest two things I dont believe will be touched which are working hours. You wont be working 100 hours a week and too child workers are not coming back anytime soon. Workers are way too protected imo. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

My whole family is union and yes I believe they should be gutted. Alot of wages in the unions are out of control. Pensions eating up a lot of money. No my union is horrible. Cant wait for the decision so I can pull my money out and stop contributing. The biggest two things I dont believe will be touched which are working hours. You wont be working 100 hours a week and too child workers are not coming back anytime soon. Workers are way too protected imo. 

SMDH. I am at a loss for words.

I hope you make it to the capitalist class. If you don't you are going to have a bleak life. I can't feel sorry for you, though. For you will only be getting what you want. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

SMDH. I am at a loss for words.

I hope you make it to the capitalist class. If you don't you are going to have a bleak life. I can't feel sorry for you, though. For you will only be getting what you want. 

Not even sure what exactly you mean.......try to use more words buddy lol

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Not even sure what exactly you mea

I mean working people will have no rights. Do you want to slave for a living? Do you think employers are going to treat you well if they don't have to? 

I will say this, though. Gutting workers rights will probably solve the illegal immigration problem. In fact there may be a reverse problem with American workers trying to get into Canada! LMFAO. I am glad I am not young and this won't affect me much.

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I mean working people will have no rights. Do you want to slave for a living? Do you think employers are going to treat you well if they don't have to? 

I will say this, though. Gutting workers rights will probably solve the illegal immigration problem. In fact there may be a reverse problem with American workers trying to get into Canada! LMFAO. I am glad I am not young and this won't affect me much.

Employers treat people well...I have never seen such things in the 16 years I have been working. You give everything you can and your employers usually ask more of you is the situations in which I have worked. That could solve another issue.....more people that leave lessens the population of America another very good thing. I have always worked under the clause of you can leave at any time and you can be fired at any time

The only negative and yeah is a big piece of the puzzle is wages but since they havent moved in 30 years whats the difference

Employers treat people well...I have never seen such things in the 16 years I have been working. You give everything you can and your employers usually ask more of you is the situations in which I have worked. That could solve another issue.....more people that leave lessens the population of America another very good thing. I have always worked under the clause of you can leave at any time and you can be fired at any time

You have proved my point to the tee! You are already treated badly in your own opinion and you now want all your rights to be stripped? I don't know what to say ... 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Employers treat people well

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Is that why wages haven't increased in 30 years? Is that why benefits continue to get worse? Is that why worker protections is slowly going away? Is that why the average American worker gets 2 weeks paid vacation a year while other countries get 1-2 months?

You can't be serious.

Just now, DarterBlue said:

You have proved my point to the tee! You are already treated badly in your own opinion and you now want all your rights to be stripped? I don't know what to say ... 

Because at the end of the day it doesnt matter. IF with all these protections your treated like crap why pay and lose your money to unions. Id rather keep all my money and be treated like crap. And the ruling today after reading more of it basically says you cant do a class action lawsuit against an employee...you have to do it individually

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Is that why wages haven't increased in 30 years? Is that why benefits continue to get worse? Is that why worker protections is slowly going away? Is that why the average American worker gets 2 weeks paid vacation a year while other countries get 1-2 months?

You can't be serious.

Really you highlighted only a portion of the sentence.....if your going to quote me quote the sentence

Employers treat people well...I have never seen such things in the 16 years I have been working.  That was the full sentence

2 weeks paid is sufficient enough imo...there is no reason for 1-2 months of vacation

Because at the end of the day it doesnt matter. IF with all these protections your treated like crap why pay and lose your money to unions. Id rather keep all my money and be treated like crap. And the ruling today after reading more of it basically says you cant do a class action lawsuit against an employee...you have to do it individually

Because you will be treated like some of my ancestors were. And, in case you don't get my drift, that would be like a slave!

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The only negative and yeah is a big piece of the puzzle is wages but since they havent moved in 30 years whats the difference

HA! You must be one of the lucky few.... 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Because you will be treated like some of my ancestors were. And, in case you don't get my drift, that would be like a slave!

Except slaves werent paid. Employeers are paying you and than your union wants a portion of that money that you made....to do whatever they want to do with it...no thanks. I can save close to 100 dollars a month...1200 a year. Significant money

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Really you highlighted only a portion of the sentence.....if your going to quote me quote the sentence

Employers treat people well...I have never seen such things in the 16 years I have been working.  That was the full sentence

2 weeks paid is sufficient enough imo...there is no reason for 1-2 months of vacation

You didn't address wages and benefits.

Wages haven't increased since the 80s. Profits are at record highs.

Benefits continue to be cut. Profits are at record highs.

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

HA! You must be one of the lucky few.... 

again if your going to quote me quote the whole sentence and not the sarcasm

Employers treat people well...I have never seen such things in the 16 years I have been working. 

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You didn't address wages and benefits.

Wages haven't increased since the 80s. Profits are at record highs.

Benefits continue to be cut. Profits are at record highs.

Yes businesses are allowed to make a profit....dont understand the big deal. Yes wages havent increased since the 80s while housing is unaffordable....so maybe if wages stop moving completely housing will crash but I doubt it. Too many people looking and not enough houses on the market from what I understand. Most times when it comes to benefit you have to contribute

I could get more behind unions if I saw wages increase like the price of houses have 

Yes businesses are allowed to make a profit....dont understand the big deal. Yes wages havent increased since the 80s while housing is unaffordable....so maybe if wages stop moving completely housing will crash but I doubt it. Too many people looking and not enough houses on the market from what I understand. Most times when it comes to benefit you have to contribute

So you complain about costs and housing, yet advocate for businesses to make more money and not increase wages.

Do you root for the other team when you are playing sports too?