Yankees might hit 300 HRs this year (and still get only the wildcard)

Bormio

13 hours ago, Bormio said:

Sonnnnny Graaaaay ...... gives the runs.

He really is terrible.  I’m looking at 2020-2023 as the Yankees window.  If they pick up another high end starter (A true #2 guy) they could legitimately contend this season and next.  All of the top teams have at least 2 top end guys in their rotation except for the Yankees.

• 2 weeks later...

The real Sonny is back.  Except now he is supposed to be a racist - because of a joke he told to a long-time black friend on Twitter.  He might not be able to pitch, but he had the balls to tell the NY press to pound sand - told them he had nothing to apologize for.  I like the guy (especially as a Sox fan).

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The real Sonny is back.  Except now he is supposed to be a racist - because of a joke he told to a long-time black friend on Twitter.  He might not be able to pitch, but he had the balls to tell the NY press to pound sand - told them he had nothing to apologize for.  I like the guy (especially as a Sox fan).

A Sox fan in South Carolina? You have to be kidding me. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yanks should get the WC. All u need to do is get in. 162 games at that point means Nothing 

You are correct.  But getting a WC means playing that one winner take all game now - nearly 50/50 you go home after one game.  Survive that and then you are OK.

Just now, Bormio said:

You are correct.  But getting a WC means playing that one winner take all game now - nearly 50/50 you go home after one game.  Survive that and then you are OK.

Problem is in that 1 game were do u go....none of the aces have looked like an ace. Right now I'd pitch Tanaka. But it would be all hands on deck. I kinda like what TB is doing. No rotation.  Guys coming out of bullpen to start games. If Yankees did that it would be interesting

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Problem is in that 1 game were do u go....none of the aces have looked like an ace. Right now I'd pitch Tanaka. But it would be all hands on deck. I kinda like what TB is doing. No rotation.  Guys coming out of bullpen to start games. If Yankees did that it would be interesting

Severino or Tanaka - with the other hopefully to face the Sox in Game 1 of the division series.