Alabama guys, question about Bamas' HSFB this season...

ECHS05

I know we have a few Alabama guys on this forum... That, and one Hoover guy obsessed with the flaws of the GHSA. 

As I wrote in a similar thread dedicated to Texas fans, Im making my Preseason poll... And Im going through each state ranking them first....

After coming to Alabama, it appears this could be Alabamas strongest year in over a decade.

The Top 5 are Top 100 locks IMO (in a realistic, Non-CalPreps poll), and I dont remember Bama ever having 5 Top 100 teams in recent years. And Im not even counting McGill-Toolen as they could make #6. 

But sticking with just the Top 5, I ranked them...

1. Hoover - Returning Starters: O = 4/11 , D = 5/11 ... Not sure who the new QB is, but he looked good in their spring scrimmage vs. Brookwood. The D is very good, and brought back some studs. Hoover will be a Preseason Top 30-35 team Nationally. I got the returning starter # by watching the State Title game vs. McGill last year and looking up each starting player.

2. Thompson AL - Returning Starters: O = 5/11 , D = 4/11 ... The O will be very good led by Taulia Tagovailoa... most of their losses are on the OL, they bring back most of their skill players... Im not as familiar with the D, but if its as good as last year, the O is good enough to play for a State Title.

3. Hewitt-Trussville - Returning Starters: O = 7/11 , D = 5/11 ... If Hewitts defense improves watch out, because the O is going to put points up on the board. When Ive watched them in years past... Ive thought they were a bit soft, McGill-Toolen has the same problem. Hewitt plays 2 Georgia teams OOS, Cedar Grove & West Forsyth... I dont see West Forsyth keeping up.. But Cedar Grove can make it a game.

4. Central (Phenix City) - Ive got to look into them a little more. But they are on the rise and have been the past few years...

5. Pinson Valley AL - PV was an underrated team last season. I am not sure what they bring back yet, I still have to check into them... But they appear to be on the up & up also.. And I remember hearing they should be good again. If they are as good as last year.... They could very well upset Hoover in the 1st game of the season. All eyes will be on that game to start the season, because the winner will have a strong claim to being #1 in state.

How does my Top 5 look to you Bama guys? And do you see this being as strong as a season for Bama as I do?

15 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

As I wrote in a similar thread dedicated to Texas fans, Im making my Preseason poll... 

You’re the Priest at the Church of CP Denyers but you are so omnipotent that you’re going to put out your own poll?

That’s a riot

I will be the first person to ignore that poll

and, just out of curiosity, if you need to ask for help on here to do Bama, which is basically LA County guy asking for help on Orange County, how do you expect to do the teams 2,500 miles away 

you don’t see OmahaVol or Whiteshoes going all retard in threads (ie claiming Etowah top 100, sharing a lot of agenda-driven theories contrived in the head of that 4-year old whose daddy told him GA was best)

no one wastes more time on here than you so I know I can’t talk you into spending a little more time with your young family, but you are wasting your breath 

you have ZERO credibility as an objective or intelligent poster 

• Haha 1

^ Did anyone understand any of that? 

Theres only 1 reason to make a post like that, and thats because Pops feelings are hurt. He garners ill-will towards me, which means Im in his head.

He been nonstop posting the same thing over and over, Etowah, Etowah, Etowah, after every one of posts... Clearly Ive driven him mad.... This is great....

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I know we have a few Alabama guys on this forum... That, and one Hoover guy obsessed with the flaws of the GHSA. 

As I wrote in a similar thread dedicated to Texas fans, Im making my Preseason poll... And Im going through each state ranking them first....

After coming to Alabama, it appears this could be Alabamas strongest year in over a decade.

The Top 5 are Top 100 locks IMO (in a realistic, Non-CalPreps poll), and I dont remember Bama ever having 5 Top 100 teams in recent years. And Im not even counting McGill-Toolen as they could make #6. 

But sticking with just the Top 5, I ranked them...

1. Hoover - Returning Starters: O = 4/11 , D = 5/11 ... Not sure who the new QB is, but he looked good in their spring scrimmage vs. Brookwood. The D is very good, and brought back some studs. Hoover will be a Preseason Top 30-35 team Nationally. I got the returning starter # by watching the State Title game vs. McGill last year and looking up each starting player.

2. Thompson AL - Returning Starters: O = 5/11 , D = 4/11 ... The O will be very good led by Taulia Tagovailoa... most of their losses are on the OL, they bring back most of their skill players... Im not as familiar with the D, but if its as good as last year, the O is good enough to play for a State Title.

3. Hewitt-Trussville - Returning Starters: O = 7/11 , D = 5/11 ... If Hewitts defense improves watch out, because the O is going to put points up on the board. When Ive watched them in years past... Ive thought they were a bit soft, McGill-Toolen has the same problem. Hewitt plays 2 Georgia teams OOS, Cedar Grove & West Forsyth... I dont see West Forsyth keeping up.. But Cedar Grove can make it a game.

4. Central (Phenix City) - Ive got to look into them a little more. But they are on the rise and have been the past few years...

5. Pinson Valley AL - PV was an underrated team last season. I am not sure what they bring back yet, I still have to check into them... But they appear to be on the up & up also.. And I remember hearing they should be good again. If they are as good as last year.... They could very well upset Hoover in the 1st game of the season. All eyes will be on that game to start the season, because the winner will have a strong claim to being #1 in state.

How does my Top 5 look to you Bama guys? And do you see this being as strong as a season for Bama as I do?

Hoover's starting QB did not play vs Brookwood it was a 10th grader. Robby Ashford  a 4 star JR  is the starting QB.

I look for Hoover vs Central in the finals.

Pinson Valley should win 6A. But depth will hurt them vs Hoover. PV has a great offense but Hewitt like on defense. I will bet you Hoover  vs Pinson.  

Hewitt gave up 650 yards to Hoover.

20 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hoover's starting QB did not play vs Brookwood it was a 10th grader. Robby Ashford  a 4 star JR  is the starting QB.

I look for Hoover vs Central in the finals.

Pinson Valley should win 6A. But depth will hurt them vs Hoover. PV has a great offense but Hewitt like on defense. I will bet you Hoover  vs Pinson.  

Hewitt gave up 650 yards to Hoover.

How's Vestavia looking going forward?

Regards

BGW

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

How's Vestavia looking going forward?

Regards

BGW

Vestavia is in the same issue as FSU with Bobby Bowden . Their Coach Buddy Anderson has stayed about 8 years to long. He has a mafia Godfather like control so he can' t be fired.  I look for them to be a 5-5 or 6-4 team. 

• Thanks 1