Early Contenders: Top 10 high school football games of the 2018 season

Eddyr2

Top 10 high school football games of the 2018 season  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you looking forward to the most next year?

• Narbonne (Harbor City, Calif.) @ St. Louis (Honolulu)
    • Chandler (Ariz.) @ Centennial (Corona, Calif.)
    • Grayson (Loganville, Ga.) @ Marietta (Ga.)
    • Folsom (Calif.) @ De La Salle (Concord, Calif.)
    • Central (Miami) @ St. John's (Washington, D.C.)
    • Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) @ Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas)
    • Central (Miami) @ St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
    • IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) @ St. John's (Washington, D.C.)
    • St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.) @ Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)
    • IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) @ Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)

Just now, Mjd33 said:

IMG got smoked by Columbia in a full game scrimmage. It was like 35-10 at the half when the starters played. We all knew IMG wasn’t as good after that......

Well it wasn't exactly a full game but it was enough time to get a rough feel on both

33-13 at half then IMG scored to make it 33-20 and then pulled starters and threw in backups for rest of game 

They played starters until about halfway point in 3rd quarter 

Not exactly a full game but more time than you would normally see teams in preseason games

Some pull starters before 1st half even ends but these teams played substantial amount of time in the game

IMG looked stunned early on and Columbia pounced on them early and got up 26-0 at one point before IMG finally got on the board

Whether IMG took it seriously or not i was really disappointed to see how flat IMG played and they looked like they didn't even care about being on the field which i honestly found a bit disrespectful considering they are the ones who asked us to play them not other way around 

• Like 2

@Sammyswordsman even though that koc did make me feel stronger of my opinion that IMG wasn't as good this year i had already felt that way before the game

Granted i didn't think it was a huge drop before that game but after seeing them i was underwhelmed with what i saw and saw what people meant by the part that IMG lacks effort at times and looks to be coasting,  they certainly had no killer instinct in that game and seemed to have no idea how to even slow the bleeding once we started scoring,  Fletcher did a better job slowing our passing attack then IMG did 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

@Sammyswordsman even though that koc did make me feel stronger of my opinion that IMG wasn't as good this year i had already felt that way before the game

Granted i didn't think it was a huge drop before that game but after seeing them i was underwhelmed with what i saw and saw what people meant by the part that IMG lacks effort at times and looks to be coasting,  they certainly had no killer instinct in that game and seemed to have no idea how to even slow the bleeding once we started scoring,  Fletcher did a better job slowing our passing attack then IMG did 

Probably a combination of Columbia being a lot better than IMG expected, and IMG trying to get their feet under them with all the new guys playing in a new system early in the year.  It is obvious that IMG got punched in the mouf and didn't know how to respond, which caused panic and bewilderment.  I can promise you though that the IMG team that showed up in Santa Ana was an entirely different beast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Probably a combination of Columbia being a lot better than IMG expected, and IMG trying to get their feet under them with all the new guys playing in a new system early in the year.  It is obvious that IMG got punched in the mouf and didn't know how to respond, which caused panic and bewilderment.  I can promise you though that the IMG team that showed up in Santa Ana was an entirely different beast.

Perhaps they stepped it up because we embarrassed them

It may have made them better because they realized they better show up or it would be a rough year because no one was scared of them