Early Contenders: Top 10 high school football games of the 2018 season

Eddyr2

Top 10 high school football games of the 2018 season  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you looking forward to the most next year?

• Narbonne (Harbor City, Calif.) @ St. Louis (Honolulu)
    • Chandler (Ariz.) @ Centennial (Corona, Calif.)
    • Grayson (Loganville, Ga.) @ Marietta (Ga.)
    • Folsom (Calif.) @ De La Salle (Concord, Calif.)
    • Central (Miami) @ St. John's (Washington, D.C.)
    • Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) @ Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas)
    • Central (Miami) @ St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
    • IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) @ St. John's (Washington, D.C.)
    • St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.) @ Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)
    • IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) @ Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.)

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt. Like I said, I'm not a hater like Rab. 

I understand why it's the way it is. I know that it takes a lot more work and man power to create and sustain the level of play that Colquitt has been at for a decade. 

Not every school in isolated areas are willing to organize the posse and kick out the funds it takes to do what we do here. 

Some areas, like the metro, are so transient that they really couldn't do what we do if they wanted to. They get the easier path to filling their roster with talent. It's not their fault that they are located in a metro area. 

I'm down with good football period. It's that much sweeter to me when we are able to win versus the metro schools though, because of understanding how much more went into Colquitt's success.

My kid sat out a season because of some gnashing about recruiting when there was none, now you understand why I bow up about transfers at Buford, we don’t do it. It’s gotta be bona fide. Tuition apps got pushed to kindergarten. 

For metro we are as about as pure you can get for grassroots. I appreciate what CC had done and can see it from the distance but when a dickhead poster makes it a 10 year campaign there’s gonna be fireworks bro. Hahahaha 

Regards

BGW

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That’s hard, for a teenager to get up that early. My kid did it, but the ones that want to play... do it. 

Regards

BGW

@HawgGoneIt @BUFORDGAWOLVES That's the schedule they ran in the spring until school let out for the summer. Since summer break began they have been reporting at 7:30 AM. The schedule probably wont start getting difficult again until the beginning of August  after the GHSA mandated "Acclimation Days" ...........thats when they will get into two a days. I think the kids are looking forward to the GHSA "Dead Week" next week and the first real real break they have had in a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 94Packer said:

@HawgGoneIt @BUFORDGAWOLVES That's the schedule they ran in the spring until school let out for the summer. Since summer break began they have been reporting at 7:30 AM. The schedule probably wont start getting difficult again until the beginning of August  after the GHSA mandated "Acclimation Days" ...........thats when they will get into two a days. I think the kids are looking forward to the GHSA "Dead Week" next week and the first real real break they have had in a while.

I bet! Go to the lake or the pool and be kids. 

BGW

37 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

My kid sat out a season because of some gnashing about recruiting when there was none, now you understand why I bow up about transfers at Buford, we don’t do it. It’s gotta be bona fide. Tuition apps got pushed to kindergarten. 

For metro we are as about as pure you can get for grassroots. I appreciate what CC had done and can see it from the distance but when a dickhead poster makes it a 10 year campaign there’s gonna be fireworks bro. Hahahaha 

Regards

BGW

Eh, call us when you boys grow up and wanna play outside of the bush leagues.

200.gif.d781772b837b08917d9915505fef5552.gif

xD

54 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I figured that at least one of the parents would be able to verify. 

Coach says, if the kids get up, show up at that early time in the morning, then it culls the one's that don't really want to play. Those that show up and practice at that time of the a.m. as a teen prove they want to. 

Practice?  Practice? Your talking about practice?  Man were talking about practice?  Practice?  Practice?  

😜 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Wow!

Now that sounds like an optimal place for me. Sign me up!!!!!

It’s just part of life down here, just like y’all have  earthquakes. Here is a case in point see the attached photos. This is a screenshot of the radar and an unedited photo where I’m at in Colquitt county right now 

A8525CC0-70FA-4412-8E4E-B2D8E466394F.jpeg

2381040B-1A33-481B-A2F5-BDD8D8F0440E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

just like y’all have  earthquakes.

Who is y'all?

We don't have earth quakes in Folsom. I think you need to check where the fault lines lie in Ca. Even so, the last major earthquake was in 1989. You guys have humidity DAILY. big difference. 

Humidity is just nasty. I don't know how or why you guys do it. But I guess that's why things are so cheap. 

27 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Who is y'all?

We don't have earth quakes in Folsom. I think you need to check where the fault lines lie in Ca. Even so, the last major earthquake was in 1989. You guys have humidity DAILY. big difference. 

Humidity is just nasty. I don't know how or why you guys do it. But I guess that's why things are so cheap. 

I’ve traveled a lot but I still love calling this home.....  with that being said when I win the lotto this is where I will reside. It’s called Dog Island. It’s just off the Florida coast at Appilachicola next to Saint George island. Only about 50 houses 2 miles off shore and the only access is boat or plane

0D5CEFC8-3C8D-4F4B-8143-A11A5A09C9DC.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, 94Packer said:

I’ve traveled a lot but I still love calling this home.....  with that being said when I win the lotto this is where I will reside. It’s called Dog Island. It’s just off the Florida coast at Appilachicola next to Saint George island. Only about 50 houses 2 miles off shore and the only access is boat or plane

Why move from one humidity to another?

West coast best coast brother. 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Who is y'all?

Pussy ain’t cheap, even when it’s free... so I don’t know what the fook you babbling bout, Holmes. 

45 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

That’s awesome, I have yet to fish and see that area. 10k islands and that area, Hell yeah!

Good pick, 94!

Regards

BGW

1 minute ago, 94Packer said:

The sad thing is it’s true lol 

326BBAD8-8FB4-417D-9EF1-F4410C590432.jpeg

Related image

Yep. If you see a spa/massage parlor advertised on  the interstate with a sign that looks like a big thumbs up, they probably have happy endings. 

Tifton: The one stop shop. Spicy chicken sandwich combo from Bojangles, back rub and hand job at the lucky spa. Win Win WON situation there. xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 94Packer said:

Thankyou very much the closest Bojangles to Moultrie is in Tifton about 25 miles from here. It’s right in front of the .......Asian massage parlor....... you might actually be close to the truth @FolsomPrisonBlues 😂

38 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Related image

Yep. If you see a spa/massage parlor advertised on  the interstate with a sign that looks like a big thumbs up, they probably have happy endings. 

Tifton: The one stop shop. Spicy chicken sandwich combo from Bojangles, back rub and hand job at the lucky spa. Win Win WON situation there. xD

Since we're taking pot shots at the boot leg massage parlor that got in trouble for secretly running a prostitution ring...

Lets talk about the knights meat market placed conviently close to the Courthouse... 

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I will always think the "program" model is better than the private school transfer and fill gap model, simply because the players have been working with the same offense/defense schemes for longer. 

Really? Because MD and the rest of the “fill  gap” schools would have beat the snot out of the “program’ school from GA.So what’s really better?