New Jersey Suspends all marijuana arrests!!

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Well isn’t that the point?  By making it legal and allowing BigAg (who will inevitably get in on it) to price it lower the cartels won’t have a leg to stand on?

I agree as to the DUI issue.  One of the big things in NJ is police departments saying there is no “breathalyzer” for weed.  How do you test to see if a driver is high?  What’s “legally high”?  These need to be worked out I totally agree.

My buddy is head of a drug task force and he said it’s worse than ever. Cartels are doing home grows in California now trying to “blend” in with less chance of losing shipments. Lot of crime around that. May change but will take a longtime. Prices in dispensaries are pretty expensive in Cali also to pay for city permits and taxes so illegal sales is still rampant. Prices are lower on street but lot more doing it now also. Our city is charging $100k/month for permit and then taxes on top of sales. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Right I mean if it’s illegal at the federal level then that’s the ultimate say-so.  Until then these states essentially legalize it/their citizens use it  at their own risk.  I get why companies still test for it, but as you say it’s a waste of resources.

Yeah the gov could come in and arrest somebody but where would they start?  And where would they stop?  Its a non issue for me at least.  But you are 100% right in that the gov is the ultimate say so.  

11 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

My buddy is head of a drug task force and he said it’s worse than ever. Cartels are doing home grows in California now trying to “blend” in with less chance of losing shipments. Lot of crime around that. May change but will take a longtime. Prices in dispensaries are pretty expensive in Cali also to pay for city permits and taxes so illegal sales is still rampant. Prices are lower on street but lot more doing it now also. Our city is charging $100k/month for permit and then taxes on top of sales. 

Until they can figure out the cost of it all the illegal element will continue.  Once the price in stores is equal to or better than on the street the cartels and all that will drop considerably.  Imo anyway.

2 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Well isn’t that the point?  By making it legal and allowing BigAg (who will inevitably get in on it) to price it lower the cartels won’t have a leg to stand on?

I agree as to the DUI issue.  One of the big things in NJ is police departments saying there is no “breathalyzer” for weed.  How do you test to see if a driver is high?  What’s “legally high”?  These need to be worked out I totally agree.

I think this is where I’m 50/50 on it being legal. How to prove your high on the spot like a breathalyzer when your drunk. Currently in my field of work, it can be legal in the state but if you work for the FAA, your not aloud much, infact they tightened it. Random drug and alcohol screens, and they now threw in prescription pain and opiates to the screenings. If you don’t have a legit script, a pain killer or anxiety drug can get you fired. Then it makes you think.... do you want people that make/build/repair aircraft engines that carry you 30,000 feet in the sky, high? Pilots high? Ambulance drivers and EMTs high as they respond. Emergency room docs and surgeons. Police and fire fighters? I guess that is what scares me about it, thinking who all would abuse it. I know it effects everyone differently. I’ve had my fun with it and I was the type that just wanted to chill and not move a muscle unless it was food. I couldn’t imagine trying to drive or do normal work related stuff. How can we hold people accountable on the spot I guess. Would there be an incentive for employers to boost pay for people that agree to stay clean in high risk jobs? I’d be all for it then as I can do without it. I wouldn’t mind to smoke every once in awhile or grow it to sell.. just the bigger picture I guess scares me on who is high and what do they do for a living and how can you prove it on the spot and hold them accountable to sway other people not to get high at work lol 

22 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I don’t understand your issue with the employers.  If they make it legal I don’t think employers are going to penalize employees who have weed in their system during a drug test (many companies don’t even test for marijuana anymore - my firm has revised many of our clients policies to reflect this).

And just like you can’t be drunk at work (and booze is legal), you can’t be high at work for a variety of safety, cognitive/performance, and other issues.

At this point weed is one of those things that’s illegal because it’s illegal.  There’s no moral, public safety or health reason (admittedly I am not a doctor so could be wrong) that I see as justification for keeping it as a criminal substance.  Tax it, regulate it, and make some money off of it.

Great post!

22 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Hahahah.  Seriously.  I think there is this Reefer Madness-type fear that if they legalize it then every neighborhood will turn into Hamsterdam.  

No open containers, no open joints/blunts/bowls/bongs/apples, etc.  

Apples?  LOL.  You just took me back to me and my friends rebelliousness in high school. Lol

19 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

It's very effective in stopping spasms in those with MS....Bad for heart patients, however, the THC will be studied more and has potential to be very useful....

There are so many great uses in medicne for marijuana.  We are in the infant stages of knowing just how many more things it can help.  The pharma companies obviously won't like it, but fuck them.  It is also used for children with different disorders.  The use the oil to inject it.  Minus the THC of course. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Honestly I think that the only ones who do harder drugs off of weed are those who were inclined to do them anyway.

I smoked enough in college (not daily maybe 1-2x/week) and never had any desire to do coke, X or anything else that was available.

Exactly!  The anti weed peops love to say "it's the gateway drug" .  So dumb.  Weed is the easiest thing to get on the streets (prior to legalization) so of course drug addicts start with it.  But then they do other shit.  If it was easier to score smack, they would have started with that.  Drug addicts are drug addicts and they will do whatever to get high. Alcohol is far and away WAY worse than mota.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Exactly!  The anti weed peops love to say "it's the gateway drug" .  So dumb.  Weed is the easiest thing to get on the streets (prior to legalization) so of course drug addicts start with it.  But then they do other shit.  If it was easier to score smack, they would have started with that.  Drug addicts are drug addicts and they will do whatever to get high. Alcohol is far and away WAY worse than mota.

Bro ive seen it all Dudes Wanna Get high they gonna get high

manipulate the nurse to get a box of mucinx DMT

Shit if this was 7 years ago I’d probably eat that mushroom 🍄 and suffer the consequences 

A49D73A2-459C-4D0D-9D25-E0A1F852EE6B.jpeg

56 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bro ive seen it all Dudes Wanna Get high they gonna get high

manipulate the nurse to get a box of mucinx DMT

Shit if this was 7 years ago I’d probably eat that mushroom 🍄 and suffer the consequences 

A49D73A2-459C-4D0D-9D25-E0A1F852EE6B.jpeg

ROTFLMAO!!  We had some native americans living in the hills where I grew up and they grew the best shrooms EVER!!

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

ROTFLMAO!!  We had some native americans living in the hills where I grew up and they grew the best shrooms EVER!!

I've always been curious as to how people figured out what was poison and what wasn't.  Had to use some person in the village they didn't like so much or something to see if it would kill you.  

Idk

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Demi Lovato overdosed on Heroin today 

Jesus Christ 

Now, thats a serious epidemic that can be blamed on big pharma.  The drs handout Oxys and Norco's like its Halloween candy.  You try one of those and you feel like your in heaven, so when the scripts stop and you don't have the money to buy them on the street, heroin comes into play.  Way cheaper and in some places very easy to get your hands on.   

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Now, thats a serious epidemic that can be blamed on big pharma.  The drs handout Oxys and Norco's like its Halloween candy.  You try one of those and you feel like your in heaven, so when the scripts stop and you don't have the money to buy them on the street, heroin comes into play.  Way cheaper and in some places very easy to get your hands on.   

Yes why spend 30$ for one Roxie when you can get something 40x stronger and only pay $4 for a bag

3 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Yes why spend 30$ for one Roxie when you can get something 40x stronger and only pay $4 for a bag

Scary isn't it? They get you all hooked on the pills, then cut you off cold Turkey and expect you to deal with those hellacious withdrawals. When H can get you through them for a quarter the price. Then the govt, which gets billions from big pharma, turns around and blames others besides the real guilty ones. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

No what is it?

i can do shrooms again but anything that’s like Salvia absolutely not

i legit got PTSD from one hit of salvia

From 1 hit? Lol. Peyote is a natural plant that is somewhat similar to shrooms, but is a bit more intense and lasts like a day. Tried it a couple times. Crazy good shit. 30 beans for a Roxy? Dude y'all getting taken.

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

From 1 hit? Lol. Peyote is a natural plant that is somewhat similar to shrooms, but is a bit more intense and lasts like a day. Tried it a couple times. Crazy good shit. 30 beans for a Roxy? Dude y'all getting taken.

Bro the strength on the bag said 140x 

You get them bulk for like 22 at best but legittly the dealers would run out in hours so no one cares about the price since they just wanna get high

whats it matter to them ... they don’t care....

is Peyote legal???

Wait never mind scratch that not interested... don’t think I can mentally handle another bad trip

37 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bro the strength on the bag said 140x 

You get them bulk for like 22 at best but legittly the dealers would run out in hours so no one cares about the price since they just wanna get high

whats it matter to them ... they don’t care....

is Peyote legal???

Wait never mind scratch that not interested... don’t think I can mentally handle another bad trip

There is no such thing as a bad trip on peyote.  Comes from mother earth and Natives have been using it for centuries.  But, then again not sure how a white folk could handle it. LOL

16 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

There is no such thing as a bad trip on peyote.  Comes from mother earth and Natives have been using it for centuries.  But, then again not sure how a white folk could handle it. LOL

Us white people need a sponsor or adult supervision.  😋 

Seriously though I'd imagine it would be helpful to Have someone with you to help if needed.  

I always think of the movie young guns.  

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2018 at 9:16 AM, World Citizen said:

Us white people need a sponsor or adult supervision.  😋 

Seriously though I'd imagine it would be helpful to Have someone with you to help if needed.  

I always think of the movie young guns.  

Haha.  I would recommend mos def doing it with someone.  It's a killer trip.  Ever watch the one Soprano episode after he killed Christopher and he was in Vegas with that smoking hot stripper.  They did peyote and pretty much nailed how the high is. 

• Like 1