New Jersey Suspends all marijuana arrests!!

Big step to full legalization 

Attorney general declares no more arrests for simple marijuana possession until September 

so why would they decriminalize it for only 2 months, well because that gives the state time to write new guidelines for legalization 

https://www.nj.com/marijuana/2018/07/nj_just_effectively_decriminalized_weed_possession.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

ayyyyyy Phil Murphy doing big things 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Attorney general declares no more arrests for simple marijuana possession until September 

so why would they decriminalize it for only 2 months, well because that gives the state time to write new guidelines for legalization 

https://www.nj.com/marijuana/2018/07/nj_just_effectively_decriminalized_weed_possession.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Horrible.....another horrible democrat decision 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

What part of it?

It’s a stupid drug to criminalize.

No it not.....its a drug correct. The whole thing is a horrible decision esp if you cant get employers to get on board with it which means more people fail drug tests and are unemployed. There is absolutely nothing that the Democrats do that is right I'm convinced. 

What is so hard to follow....do stupid shit like smoke weed you go to jail. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No it not.....its a drug correct. The whole thing is a horrible decision esp if you cant get employers to get on board with it which means more people fail drug tests and are unemployed. There is absolutely nothing that the Democrats do that is right I'm convinced. 

What is so hard to follow....do stupid shit like smoke weed you go to jail. 

I don’t understand your issue with the employers.  If they make it legal I don’t think employers are going to penalize employees who have weed in their system during a drug test (many companies don’t even test for marijuana anymore - my firm has revised many of our clients policies to reflect this).

And just like you can’t be drunk at work (and booze is legal), you can’t be high at work for a variety of safety, cognitive/performance, and other issues.

At this point weed is one of those things that’s illegal because it’s illegal.  There’s no moral, public safety or health reason (admittedly I am not a doctor so could be wrong) that I see as justification for keeping it as a criminal substance.  Tax it, regulate it, and make some money off of it.

• Like 1

Honestly weed should just have the same laws as alcohol. 

21 to buy. You cant drive while high. No walking around in public with it. 

I was in Colorado and was so tripped out seeing the dispensaries. I went in one and got a candy bar. Lol. 

I haven't smoked in 11 years. I felt like Fear and Loathing in Denver 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Honestly weed should just have the same laws as alcohol. 

21 to buy. You cant drive while high. No walking around in public with it. 

I was in Colorado and was so tripped out seeing the dispensaries. I went in one and got a candy bar. Lol. 

I haven't smoked in 11 years. I felt like Fear and Loathing in Denver 😂

Hahahah.  Seriously.  I think there is this Reefer Madness-type fear that if they legalize it then every neighborhood will turn into Hamsterdam.  

No open containers, no open joints/blunts/bowls/bongs/apples, etc.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I don’t understand your issue with the employers.  If they make it legal I don’t think employers are going to penalize employees who have weed in their system during a drug test (many companies don’t even test for marijuana anymore - my firm has revised many of our clients policies to reflect this).

And just like you can’t be drunk at work (and booze is legal), you can’t be high at work for a variety of safety, cognitive/performance, and other issues.

At this point weed is one of those things that’s illegal because it’s illegal.  Tax it, regulate it, and make some money off of it.

But they very well could. Your right you cant be drunk at work. Maybe your company doesnt yesr but there are a lot of companies that do. And honestly they should test more and more often. I dont believe we should be getting less harsh but more harsh when it comes to drugs. I like other countries that if you get caught with drugs you get sentenced to death. The way it should be

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But they very well could. Your right you cant be drunk at work. Maybe your company doesnt yesr but there are a lot of companies that do. And honestly they should test more and more often. I dont believe we should be getting less harsh but more harsh when it comes to drugs. I like other countries that if you get caught with drugs you get sentenced to death. The way it should be

This would make sense if you didn’t Drink Alcohol,, there’s gotta be a personal agenda If you really think cannabis is worse than alcohol  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

This would make sense if you didn’t Drink Alcohol,, there’s gotta be a personal agenda If you really think cannabis is worse than alcohol  

Both are bad. And yes alcohol has ruined a lot of lives and remember we as a country tried to get rid of it and than it got even worse. But I still stand by my position 

5 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

That's cool.  A congrats are in order.  Congrats.  Hopefully you get to enjoy what Washington State has been enjoying for a while now.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

At this point weed is one of those things that’s illegal because it’s illegal.  There’s no moral, public safety or health reason (admittedly I am not a doctor so could be wrong) that I see as justification for keeping it as a criminal substance.  Tax it, regulate it, and make some money off of it.

In Washington it is legal.  However, many companies still test for it.  Very few do not test for it but hopefully that will change.  Its a waste of money and makes no sense.   

And the cost has dropped to where the black market is no longer the best place to get it.  Although I still do bc great deals are great deals.  Esp in quantity.   

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

In Washington it is legal.  However, many companies still test for it.  Very few do not test for it but hopefully that will change.  Its a waste of money and makes no sense.   

And the cost has dropped to where the black market is no longer the best place to get it.  Although I still do bc great deals are great deals.  Esp in quantity.   

Right I mean if it’s illegal at the federal level then that’s the ultimate say-so.  Until then these states essentially legalize it/their citizens use it  at their own risk.  I get why companies still test for it, but as you say it’s a waste of resources.

6 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Didn’t you say you drink often?  Drinking alcohol is worse for you than thc in every possible way.  Not only are you a hypocrite, you aren’t too bright either.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

There is a big public safety issue...  cartel violence, home invasions, DUI, etc. 

Maybe not where you live but in California there is. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

There is a big public safety issue...  cartel violence, home invasions, DUI, etc. 

Maybe not where you live but in California there is. 

Well isn’t that the point?  By making it legal and allowing BigAg (who will inevitably get in on it) to price it lower the cartels won’t have a leg to stand on?

I agree as to the DUI issue.  One of the big things in NJ is police departments saying there is no “breathalyzer” for weed.  How do you test to see if a driver is high?  What’s “legally high”?  These need to be worked out I totally agree.

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Weed is a gateway drug. Dumb idea, NJ. 

IMG_1102.JPG

Honestly I think that the only ones who do harder drugs off of weed are those who were inclined to do them anyway.

I smoked enough in college (not daily maybe 1-2x/week) and never had any desire to do coke, X or anything else that was available.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Honestly I think that the only ones who do harder drugs off of weed are those who were inclined to do them anyway.

I smoked enough in college (not daily maybe 1-2x/week) and never had any desire to do coke, X or anything else that was available.

I didn’t do coke till after I was prescribed adderal 

so i blame pharmaceuticals  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I didn’t do coke till after I was prescribed adderal 

so i blame pharmaceuticals  

Many people develop a coke habit after being prescribed Adderall; even more get hooked on Heroin after being prescribed opiates.  It is a real problem that is only getting worse.

• Like 5