EU Trade Concessions?

concha

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-25/trump-juncker-reach-deal-to-ease-trade-tensions-dow-jones-says-jk1jtfs8

Politics

Trump, Juncker Announce Deal Pulling Back From U.S.-EU Trade War

By Toluse Olorunnipa and Margaret Talev
July 25, 2018, 3:55 PM EDT Updated on July 25, 2018, 4:34 PM EDT
  •  
    EU to expand imports of U.S. soybeans and natural gas
  •  
    Trump says both sides will work toward ‘zero’ tariffs

The two sides agreed to expand European imports of U.S. liquified natural gas and soybeans and lower industrial tariffs on both sides, Trump said. The U.S. and European Union will “hold off on other tariffs” while negotiations proceed, Juncker said.

“We had a big day, very big,” Trump said at a joint statement with Juncker at the White House Wednesday. He hailed “a new phase” of trade relations.
The two leaders also said they would work toward “zero” tariffs on industrial goods, according to Trump. He added that they would try to “resolve” steel and aluminum tariffs he imposed earlier this year and retaliatory duties the EU levied in response.

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

Trump felt the internal heat, and backtracked. Paint it anyway you want. Trump's still a fool.

LMAO

He manned up to the EU, put the consequences on the table and they've apparently already started making concessions.

It kills you people to see America winning under this guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, concha said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-25/trump-juncker-reach-deal-to-ease-trade-tensions-dow-jones-says-jk1jtfs8

Politics

•  
  •  

The two sides agreed to expand European imports of U.S. liquified natural gas and soybeans and lower industrial tariffs on both sides, Trump said. The U.S. and European Union will “hold off on other tariffs” while negotiations proceed, Juncker said.

“We had a big day, very big,” Trump said at a joint statement with Juncker at the White House Wednesday. He hailed “a new phase” of trade relations.
The two leaders also said they would work toward “zero” tariffs on industrial goods, according to Trump. He added that they would try to “resolve” steel and aluminum tariffs he imposed earlier this year and retaliatory duties the EU levied in response.

OMG-OMG-OMG_c74c0.gif

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

This guys is all talk. It strokes his own ego. And the fanboys swoon and pee a little like teenage girls. 

I find that an interesting comment coming from a member of the Hysterical Middle School Girl Posse.

Economy growing strongly

Unemployment at historic lows

Better trade deals

And you gals wetting yourselves as a result.

🤣

• Like 1

Just now, concha said:

I find that an interesting comment coming from a member of the Hysterical Middle School Girl Posse.

Economy growing strongly

Unemployment at historic lows

Better trade deals

And you gals wetting yourselves as a result.

🤣

You Know it"s a better trade deal ?  Trumpy's handlers let you in on the specifics ? How was that $12,000,000,000 give away sitting with you and your clueless posse ?  

8 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

You Know it"s a better trade deal ?  Trumpy's handlers let you in on the specifics ? How was that $12,000,000,000 give away sitting with you and your clueless posse ?  

You ever notice when crying concha feels threatened he uses the same message over and over?

"Economy growing strongly

Unemployment at historic lows"

Blah, blah, blah......in every thread.

Back when Obama was rolling crying concha did NOT give a shot about any of that stuff.....he job then was to shit on Obama 24/7.

crying concha is just a POS troll....

Confidence was high enough that it boosted the markets.

More ag sales, lower industrial equipment tariffs, LNG sales...  just to start. The president of the EU was sitting next to him and made no corrections.

LMAO

It KILLS you clowns how successful he is.

😂

PointlessAltruisticDinosaur-size_restric

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, concha said:

Confidence was high enough that it boosted the markets.

More ag sales, lower industrial equipment tariffs, LNG sales...  just to start. The president of the EU was sitting next to him and made no corrections.

LMAO

It KILLS you clowns how successful he is.

😂

PointlessAltruisticDinosaur-size_restric

No fanboy, please excuse me if I wait a little before giving Trump credit for claiming victory.  He doesn't always speak in truths. After the clarifications and fine print,  I'll truthfully pipe in with an opinionated response. I'm not a mindless idealogue. It's a little early, for some of us, to bow to our conqueror... Emperor Trump 

22 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You ever notice when crying concha feels threatened he uses the same message over and over?

"Economy growing strongly

Unemployment at historic lows"

Blah, blah, blah......in every thread.

Back when Obama was rolling crying concha did NOT give a shot about any of that stuff.....he job then was to shit on Obama 24/7.

crying concha is just a POS troll....

I do believe him to be over Drummer, NoleBull, and HSFan, but the gap is narrowing  :) 

No fanboy, please excuse me if I wait a little before giving Trump credit for claiming victory.  He doesn't always speak in truths. After the clarifications and fine print,  I'll truthfully pipe in with an opinionated response. I'm not a mindless idealogue. It is a little early, for some of us, to bow to our conqueror... Emperor Trump 

I am indeed a fan of strong GDP growth, record employment levels, better trade deals for our country, having a SCOTUS filled with justices who value the constitution as written over liberal feelings...

Things are going great.

• Like 2

I do believe him to be over Drummer, NoleBull, and HSFan, but the gap is narrowing  :) 

So you're pals with ChipDumbRacist?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you!

🤣

Hey, is he still chasing me around begging for attention?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, concha said:

I am indeed a fan of strong GDP growth, record employment levels, better trade deals for our country, having a SCOTUS filled with justices who value the constitution as written over liberal feelings...

Things are going great.

And Trump did all of this in 17 months ?  Jesus only took 6 days....don't tell the Prez

11 hours ago, concha said:

Politics

•  
  •  

Concessions may or may not have occurred. The devil will be in the details. For now the stock market liked the communique announced at the meeting's conclusion. That is a positive development. 

To be continued ...

Personally, I am agnostic. DJT is way too volatile for me to be comfortable that a workable arrangement going forward has been achieved. However, till I see this play out, I will not throw cold water on the event.