Fellas...

Adam Kurkjian

For anyone interested, I'm putting together a website on Massachusetts HS and college football that launches tomorrow. It will be called MassVarsity and run on the address massvarsity.com. If you like any of the stuff that I put in the Massachusetts thread, that's basically where it's all going to go. There will be stuff on UMass, BC, Harvard, Holy Cross and some of the smaller colleges, and obviously high schools, too. The first day, I'm releasing a story about all the transfers that are happening around the state, and I'm also starting a countdown for the top 40 teams in the MIAA that will end on the first day of games. There will be a lot more in the coming weeks and months, but keep an eye out. The catch is that a lot of the stuff will be paywall, so there will be some free content, but the kid has to make a little $, so there's that. Anyway, thanks for reading, and keep a look out. ✌️

• Thanks 1
  • Like 18

Just now, AztecPadre said:

I just don't see transfers as a "problem".  Its the freedom to choose where you want your child to play and go to school. If a parent wants their kid at another school, then that should be  nobody's business but the family.  IMO.

All except for the tax issues for public schools. Where people in a designated area pay taxes that support their board. A lot of people bitch about having to pay school taxes already, because, perhaps they have no kids in school themselves. Wait until you tell them that they will be paying for kids that's family doesn't even pay taxes in that area at all. 

It'll be a problem then. I assure you that.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All except for the tax issues for public schools. Where people in a designated area pay taxes that support their board. A lot of people bitch about having to pay school taxes already, because, perhaps they have no kids in school themselves. Wait until you tell them that they will be paying for kids that's family doesn't even pay taxes in that area at all. 

Its just money and its for education.  People should just be ok with it since its going to a good cause.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Easy fix Don’t pay taxes and send ur kid to BNU

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Its just money and its for education.  People should just be ok with it since its going to a good cause.

Oh I know. I also know and understand how educating kids makes it safer and better for everyone. 

I'm not talking about me and/or ordinarily reasonable people bro. I hear it a good bit as it is, of people fussing that they shouldn't have to pay for kids even in the district. You start letting them come in from outside... These are rednecks with guns and anti-tax and anti-government mentalities already.  xD

• Haha 1

Just now, hardhit1 said:

But you are paying 2-3 times more this way. You pay for your child to attend a BNU and also pay public taxes, no rebates. 

Probably 30% of school pays full tuition

if Your a Student athlete.. and ur grades are good then your gonna get a Acamdemic scholarship plus financial aid plus all the scholarships and grants they offer ,,, instead of paying 18,000$ to attend  it would be like $7500 

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Probably 30% of school pays full tuition

if Your a Student athlete.. and ur grades are good then your gonna get a Acamdemic scholarship plus financial aid plus all the scholarships and grants they offer ,,, instead of paying 18,000$ to attend  it would be like $7500 

Oh I already been through this so no reminders.

always looks better than it actually is

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway, we are blowing up Adam's thread with nonsense. 

Congrats on your move Adam! I hope it's everything you want and hope for it to be. I will definitely check it out. May even drop a little coin with you depending on how much and whatever. 

Thanks bud.

As for the transfers, on an individual level, there's nothing wrong with it. However, the phenomenon has become so much more widespread that it has caused a stir with basically every coach I've spoken to this offseason. There's almost no rhyme or reason to it, and it isn't as simple as "getting noticed" or playing for a better team. The article is more of an examination of why it is happening here, rather than passing a judgment of whether or not it is good or bad.

• Like 1