The Best Of Times.....The Worst Of Times

Rufus69

Well...as me and "Doc" watched the sun rise this morning...we tried to reflect on this season's trials and tribulations.  We came to the conclusion that we pretty much did the best we could with the kids we had (with maybe one exception).  It was tough watching our young Hawgs at the beginning.  They made a lot of mistakes.  But they refused to give up...even after starting out 0-4.  I thought the staff was in the same boat for the most part.  They had to learn the players.  Shoot, they had to become familiar with their fellow coaches.  it was simply a learning curve.  I feel like we came a long way as a TEAM.  Would have loved to have gone further...but alas, it was not to be.  I'm still VERY proud of the 2016 Packers.  Especially the Seniors. They earned their PHDs. (pride, heart and dedication).  

Last night was the final Tailgate Extravaganza for the Colquitt faithful for this year.  A myriad of seafood and all the fixings.  An unbelievable feast put out by Little Joe and the Ponderosa Gang.  And people...Lord Have Mercy...at the people.  Had to be the biggest crowd we've had in a while.  You fellers take Ole Rufus' word for it...It just don't get no better.  To me...that's a major part of Packer football.  The camaraderie...the close knit family mentality...the unbridled support of one team.  It's one of the things that makes Colquitt County...Colquitt County.  I wouldn't change a thing...except I wouldn't have called a fake punt on 4th down...(Smile).

The game...ah yes...the game.  Grayson was better than we were.  They deserved the win.  We couldn't stop them...but they could stop us.  We made mistakes...but I'm not sure if we had played our absolute best game that we could have won.  The Rams have a REALLY good team...and they're playing that way at the season's end.  A lot has been made of Grayson's transfers...but I gotta tell ya.  I never cared about them.  You line up and play.  You play your best.  And the chips fall.  Grayson outplayed my Packers last night.  No two ways about it.  Rush may be in a deer stand this morning...but I'll wager that he'll be working on 2017 in a week.  Because...any way ya cut it...it's...what have ya done for me lately?

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...as me and "Doc" watched the sun rise this morning...we tried to reflect on this season's trials and tribulations.  We came to the conclusion that we pretty much did the best we could with the kids we had (with maybe one exception).  It was tough watching our young Hawgs at the beginning.  They made a lot of mistakes.  But they refused to give up...even after starting out 0-4.  I thought the staff was in the same boat for the most part.  They had to learn the players.  Shoot, they had to become familiar with their fellow coaches.  it was simply a learning curve.  I feel like we came a long way as a TEAM.  Would have loved to have gone further...but alas, it was not to be.  I'm still VERY proud of the 2016 Packers.  Especially the Seniors. They earned their PHDs. (pride, heart and dedication).  

Last night was the final Tailgate Extravaganza for the Colquitt faithful for this year.  A myriad of seafood and all the fixings.  An unbelievable feast put out by Little Joe and the Ponderosa Gang.  And people...Lord Have Mercy...at the people.  Had to be the biggest crowd we've had in a while.  You fellers take Ole Rufus' word for it...It just don't get no better.  To me...that's a major part of Packer football.  The camaraderie...the close knit family mentality...the unbridled support of one team.  It's one of the things that makes Colquitt County...Colquitt County.  I wouldn't change a thing...except I wouldn't have called a fake punt on 4th down...(Smile).

The game...ah yes...the game.  Grayson was better than we were.  They deserved the win.  We couldn't stop them...but they could stop us.  We made mistakes...but I'm not sure if we had played our absolute best game that we could have won.  The Rams have a REALLY good team...and they're playing that way at the season's end.  A lot has been made of Grayson's transfers...but I gotta tell ya.  I never cared about them.  You line up and play.  You play your best.  And the chips fall.  Grayson outplayed my Packers last night.  No two ways about it.  Rush may be in a deer stand this morning...but I'll wager that he'll be working on 2017 in a week.  Because...any way ya cut it...it's...what have ya done for me lately?

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!

Rufus>>

Out of likes. Keep on truckin Big Hawg!!! It was a good year for Colquitt, they just ran into a buzz saw in the end. No doubts they will be on top of the charts next season.  

• Like 2

Sorry I missed you Rufus.  I was late leaving Grayson but did come over.  I didn't see anyone I thought was you and the people with me were anxious to get into the stadium, (as was I truth be told) so we went on.  I did get to meet Packerchick who tracked me down and I *think* I might have seen Rabid sitting there by himself late in the game with his head hung down.  It was a great game experience and although I'm sure the score influenced how I felt about things it truly was the game day experience y'all have talked about.  Maybe we will have the opportunity to have margaritas together next year.

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!

Rufus>>

Well, they say time ( and a few margaritas) heal all wounds.

And as Red Sox fans used to say (over and over and over): There's always next year.