North Korea keeping it's word with Trump??....

DBP66

Pompeo suggests North Korea weapons work counter to denuclearization pledge

Reuters By David Brunnstrom,Reuters 5 hours ago.

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Less than two months after a landmark U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo flew back to the city state on Friday and suggested that continued work on weapons programmes by North Korea was inconsistent with its leader's commitment to denuclearize.

Pompeo was asked en route to Singapore about his statement in the U.S. Senate last month that North Korea was continuing to make bomb fuel and reports that North Korea, led by Kim Jong Un, was building new missiles.

"Chairman Kim made a commitment to denuclearize," Pompeo told reporters. "The world demanded that they (North Korea) do so in the U.N. Security Council resolutions. To the extent they are behaving in a manner inconsistent with that, they are a) in violation of one or both the U.N. Security Council resolutions and b) we can see we still have a ways to go to achieve the ultimate outcome we’re looking for."

Pompeo thanked ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) at a meeting in Singapore for their efforts in enforcing sanctions on North Korea.

In a landmark summit with U.S. President Donald Trump in Singapore on June 12, Kim, who is seeking relief from tough sanctions, committed to work towards denuclearization, but Pyongyang has offered no details on how it might go about this.

Pompeo told a Senate committee hearing on July 25 that North Korea was continuing to produce fuel for nuclear bombs in spite of its pledge.

On Monday, a senior U.S. official said U.S. spy satellites had detected renewed activity at the North Korean factory that produced the country’s first intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United States.

The Washington Post reported on Monday that North Korea appeared to be building one or two new liquid-fuelled intercontinental ballistic missiles at the research facility, citing unidentified officials familiar with intelligence reporting.

..I guess Trump won't be winnig his Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon?...and he thought he made himself a buddy when he met Kim huh??..LOL...Kim played Trump like a fiddle.....:$

By David Brunnstrom

12 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Pompeo suggests North Korea weapons work counter to denuclearization pledge

Reuters By David Brunnstrom,Reuters 5 hours ago.

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Less than two months after a landmark U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo flew back to the city state on Friday and suggested that continued work on weapons programmes by North Korea was inconsistent with its leader's commitment to denuclearize.

Pompeo was asked en route to Singapore about his statement in the U.S. Senate last month that North Korea was continuing to make bomb fuel and reports that North Korea, led by Kim Jong Un, was building new missiles.

"Chairman Kim made a commitment to denuclearize," Pompeo told reporters. "The world demanded that they (North Korea) do so in the U.N. Security Council resolutions. To the extent they are behaving in a manner inconsistent with that, they are a) in violation of one or both the U.N. Security Council resolutions and b) we can see we still have a ways to go to achieve the ultimate outcome we’re looking for."

Pompeo thanked ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) at a meeting in Singapore for their efforts in enforcing sanctions on North Korea.

In a landmark summit with U.S. President Donald Trump in Singapore on June 12, Kim, who is seeking relief from tough sanctions, committed to work towards denuclearization, but Pyongyang has offered no details on how it might go about this.

Pompeo told a Senate committee hearing on July 25 that North Korea was continuing to produce fuel for nuclear bombs in spite of its pledge.

On Monday, a senior U.S. official said U.S. spy satellites had detected renewed activity at the North Korean factory that produced the country’s first intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United States.

The Washington Post reported on Monday that North Korea appeared to be building one or two new liquid-fuelled intercontinental ballistic missiles at the research facility, citing unidentified officials familiar with intelligence reporting.

..I guess Trump won't be winnig his Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon?...and he thought he made himself a buddy when he met Kim huh??..LOL...Kim played Trump like a fiddle.....:$

By David Brunnstrom

Sad to see any type of peace process may be breaking down.  DPRK again shows themselves as a rogue nation that can’t be trusted.

How was Trump played like a fiddle, though?

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Sad to see any type of peace process may be breaking down.  DPRK again shows themselves as a rogue nation that can’t be trusted.

How was Trump played like a fiddle, though?

how?...he gave Kim everything he wanted...recognition on the world stage by the leader of the free world (all he ever wanted)...and all he had to do was tell a few lies...and now he's a hero in his country after getting Trump to stop the war games with S.K....and now S.K. has egg on their face too thanks to Donny....he's an amateur being played like a fool on the world stage...just look at his Helsinki act with Putin...:$

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

how?...he gave Kim everything he wanted...recognition on the world stage by the leader of the free world (all he ever wanted)...and all he had to do was tell a few lies...and now he's a hero in his country after getting Trump to stop the war games with S.K....and now S.K. has egg on their face too thanks to Donny....he's an amateur being played like a fool on the world stage...just look at his Helsinki act with Putin...:$

Fair enough.  I tend to think that anything Trump "gave away" was insignificant.  Kim is already a Living God to his people (to the extent they believe the propaganda).  Nothing Trump did in terms of a photo-op probably had much effect either way on his security and standing within his own country.

As to international recognition by leader of the free world - so what?  This is no different than Nixon meeting Mao, or Obama shaking Raul Castro's hand or having John Kerry sit down with Iran's foreign minister to hammer out a nuclear deal.  These embargoes and sanctions, while necessary, don't negate the fact that these people are already in power, and have been so for decades already (and in terms of Kim they have nukes).  It's a recognition of a fact that if any diplomatic breakthrough will be achieved, it will have to be with this guy in charge.

Agreed that it was unfortunate we had to suspend war games - but again, ultimately, so what?  We still have diplomatic relations with South Korea, have troops along the DMZ, and haven't pulled out of any of our Pacific bases - in other words war games can be restarted as necessary.  Kim hasn't taken advantage of a lull to attack South Korea.

The whole thing was gonna be a clusterfuck from the start, but it was worth a shot.

On to Middle East Peace!  :$

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Finally some reassuring words of wisdom from an unexpected place. I'm shocked, I tell ya...

It would send a message of no tolerance since talking doesnt seem to work and hasn't worked. Few thousand bombs in an unannounced night time raid should absolutely send a message. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sounds like a plan. On the QT, just make sure you tell the tens of millions of innocent people living in the region to inconspicuously sneak out a few hours beforehand. 

Well drop leaflets like we did in Japan before we leveled them. Sound good?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

You're right again. The Muslim God of Terror only killed two thousand New Yorker's on 9/11. Your God could kill two hundred million. Winner,winner.....

Actually it was 3000k people died on 9/11. Dont have to tell me the numbers of something that happened in my own backyard. My God has absolutely nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with sending a message. And do u care about some north koreans? We care about Americans. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Actually it was 3000k people died on 9/11. Dont have to tell me the numbers of something that happened in my own backyard. My God has absolutely nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with sending a message. And do u care about some north koreans? We care about Americans. 

If Trump killed two hundred million people on an unprovoked strike, which you are advocating, would you and your God be OK with that?

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

I think we can forget about that "leader of the free world" as it is a thing of the past.  At least until a new administration comes in and even then we have put ourselves pretty far behind and have to catch up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

If Trump killed two hundred million people on an unprovoked strike, which you are advocating, would you and your God be OK with that?

Dude stop bringing up God. He has absolutely no relevance to this conversation. Since talking doesnt work and I'll kim Jong fuck doesnt want to listen what would u like to do about it? 

When did we start caring so much about people in other countries? We were provoked by the germans but we put several thousands bombs all over their country. During the civil war the south didnt provoke Lincoln but hey he started a war that killed 600k Americans. Korea and Vietnam didnt provoke the us directly and we lost what 110k Americans dead. We seem to be ok bombing countries that dont directly provoke us.

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Are you serious?  Do you have that little reverence for life?  Those people did nothing to you or me at all.  You might want to rethink that one but whatever.

Does it affect me personally no it doesnt. When it does I'll let u know. We have become so soft as a country well never do what's necessary to have other countries feel below us. At one time we did. We seemed to have lost that. 

I'll rephrase does it affect american life? I'm not saying put boots on the ground so reason for that so we wouldnt be jeopardizing american lives. Unless NK decides they wanna strike back but not so sure that they would. 

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I think we can forget about that "leader of the free world" as it is a thing of the past.  At least until a new administration comes in and even then we have put ourselves pretty far behind and have to catch up.

Sadder than us maybe abdicating that role is that we're going to quickly learn that the other options - a Great Britain torn apart over Brexit, our semi-retarded brothers to the Frozen North under the reign of Prime Minister Teen Vogue, Mutti Merkel, etc. - are so impotent in projecting western values that we'll still be, de facto, the leader of the free world. 

Even with President Donald John Trump at the helm of the USS America. 

And once we see how dependent the rest of the West is on us, it'll just make people even more resentful towards our intrepid allies in Europe and around the world.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude stop bringing up God. He has absolutely no relevance to this conversation. Since talking doesnt work and I'll kim Jong fuck doesnt want to listen what would u like to do about it? 

When did we start caring so much about people in other countries? We were provoked by the germans but we put several thousands bombs all over their country. During the civil war the south didnt provoke Lincoln but hey he started a war that killed 600k Americans. Korea and Vietnam didnt provoke the us directly and we lost what 110k Americans dead. We seem to be ok bombing countries that dont directly provoke us.

Forget about it. Your grip on reality and history is all based on Fake News. Enjoy your life, while wishing death upon umteen millions who have done nothing wrong but have the misfortune of being born outside of American. No other humans matter....you sick Fuck.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Does it affect me personally no it doesnt. When it does I'll let u know. We have become so soft as a country well never do what's necessary to have other countries feel below us. At one time we did. We seemed to have lost that. 

I'll rephrase does it affect american life? I'm not saying put boots on the ground so reason for that so we wouldnt be jeopardizing american lives. Unless NK decides they wanna strike back but not so sure that they would. 

What you consider soft I consider great strength.  Do you have the strength to care about every human being?  Does your heart have the strength and the capacity to love and see yourself in another person.  Real strength and power has so very little in common with what you think it does. 

Btw, dropping bombs has never won a war.  And Nuclear bombs are out of the question or at least they should be.   

Just now, World Citizen said:

What you consider soft I consider great strength.  Do you have the strength to care about every human being?  Does your heart have the strength and the capacity to love and see yourself in another person.  Real strength and power has so very little in common with what you think it does. 

Btw, dropping bombs has never won a war.  And Nuclear bombs are out of the question or at least they should be.   

I'm not even gonna bother to answer. You are yourself caring about way too many people. Same thing with Dan above you. I'm glad we had leaders that did we had to be done without the games of we cant bomb this country or that country there are innocent people. Blah blah blah. We did what we had to do. We tried the diplomatic way. Got any other way to get the little shit to get his act together? If so I'm listening 

3 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Forget about it. Your grip on reality and history is all based on Fake News. Enjoy your life, while wishing death upon umteen millions who have done nothing wrong but have the misfortune of being born outside of American. No other humans matter....you sick Fuck.

So again I'm gonna assume you never would have bombed the shit out of Germany because they didnt provoke us directly?? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Sadder than us maybe abdicating that role is that we're going to quickly learn that the other options - a Great Britain torn apart over Brexit, our semi-retarded brothers to the Frozen North under the reign of Prime Minister Teen Vogue, Mutti Merkel, etc. - are so impotent in projecting western values that we'll still be, de facto, the leader of the free world. 

Even with President Donald John Trump at the helm of the USS America. 

And once we see how dependent the rest of the West is on us, it'll just make people even more resentful towards our intrepid allies in Europe and around the world.

I'm not sure on how impotent they are but one thing is for sure, Trump has yet to project any of the values we said we use to believe in.  Not that we ever realized those values but we did state them to the world.  You don't like the Canadian PM eh?  Lol  He say's nice things about you.  :P

And we have seen how much we are depended on for the last 70 years so nothing new there.  China is taking the lead away from us and they probably will not want to relinquish it and could care less what smaller western countries think.

Idk man.  I just can't wait for the DLS/Folsom game.

• Haha 1