North Korea keeping it's word with Trump??....

DBP66

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I'm not sure on how impotent they are but one thing is for sure, Trump has yet to project any of the values we said we use to believe in.  Not that we ever realized those values but we did state them to the world.  You don't like the Canadian PM eh?  Lol  He say's nice things about you.  :P

And we have seen how much we are depended on for the last 70 years so nothing new there.  China is taking the lead away from us and they probably will not want to relinquish it and could care less what smaller western countries think.

Idk man.  I just can't wait for the DLS/Folsom game.

I wouldn't vote for Trudeau, but I can stomach most liberal politicians.  Something about him in particular seems so phony, though.

Give me Bergen/Grayson ASAP!

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

I wouldn't vote for Trudeau, but I can stomach liberal politicians.  Something about him seems so phony, though.

Give me Bergen/Grayson ASAP!

Lol.  He is a politician so by nature he is a swarmy weasel. 

I'm looking forward to Grayson/Bergen too.  It's going to be a exciting year.  Each year seems to have better games than the previous one...except Texas.  Texas may never give a damn about fans that don't live there and that hurts my feelings.  lol

6 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

It would send a message of no tolerance since talking doesnt seem to work and hasn't worked. Few thousand bombs in an unannounced night time raid should absolutely send a message. 

They have borders with both China and Russia. We won't be nuking them. Oh I forgot our President is, shall we say, unpredictable, so we might. But if we do, we probably start WW3.  

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No we wont. Idk why everyone keep saying that

Because even if Russians and Chinese don't die, which many of them probably would, they would be overrun by North Koreans fleeing an unlivable country.

That would be intolerable to both countries. It would be like a foreign power nuking Mexico or Canada. The USA would not stand idly by and not retaliate in kind. 

And the above does not address the effect on South Korea and all the US troops stationed there (if we assume we don't give a hoot about the fortunes of our ally). It just is not going to happen. And that is the reason Kim will never give up his nukes. They ensure his survival. Without them we could remove him easily without any major repercussions. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Because even if Russians and Chinese don't die, which many of them probably would, they would be overrun by North Koreans fleeing an unlivable country.

That would be intolerable to both countries. It would be like a foreign power nuking Mexico or Canada. The USA would not stand idly by and not retaliate in kind. 

And the above does not address the effect on South Korea and all the US troops stationed there (if we assume we don't give a hoot about the fortunes of our ally). It just is not going to happen. And that is the reason Kim will never give up his nukes. They ensure his survival. Without them we could remove him easily without any major repercussions. 

Well yea I do agree we leave our troops in every country. We have troops in Korea Germany etc. Our biggest air force base is in Germany. All I'm saying is it seems like too many people in this country care about what happens to other people in other countries. Let's care about Americans and not anyone else. I truly dont care about anyone in any other country. I care about Americans in this country and for the most part I'm not a big fan of people 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Well yea I do agree we leave our troops in every country. We have troops in Korea Germany etc. Our biggest air force base is in Germany. All I'm saying is it seems like too many people in this country care about what happens to other people in other countries. Let's care about Americans and not anyone else. I truly dont care about anyone in any other country. I care about Americans in this country and for the most part I'm not a big fan of people 

And I am saying if we nuke NK, we will start a f###ing World War. If there was a way to infiltrate his government and eliminate him that would be the way to go. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

And I am saying if we nuke NK, we will start a f###ing World War. If there was a way to infiltrate his government and eliminate him that would be the way to go. 

But there isnt...or I'm sure our government would have found a way to do it.....so what's the next move...why is everyone afraid of ww3. We kicked ass in the first 2. 

But there isnt...or I'm sure our government would have found a way to do it.....so what's the next move...why is everyone afraid of ww3. We kicked ass in the first 2. 

There were no fuck**g nukes around till 1945. And then the USA was the only country that had them. And, they were relatively primitive. That's why we  nuked Japan. Today, many countries have nukes and many of them are not especially friendly to the USA. But even if China and Russia were our best buddies, which they are not, they would not sit back and have us detonating nukes in their backyard without retaliating. For one there would be serious civil strife in both those countries if their governments allowed us to get away with that. 

There were no fuck**g nukes around till 1945. And then the USA was the only country that had them. And, they were relatively primitive. That's why we  nuked Japan. Today, many countries have nukes and many of them are not especially friendly to the USA. But even if China and Russia were our best buddies, which they are not, they would not sit back and have us detonating nukes in their backyard without retaliating. For one there would be serious civil strife in both those countries if their governments allowed us to get away with that. 

Ok so I'll go with your argument as it is logical......what's the answer. Little rocket man is not gonna listen and cooperate with anyone. We apparently are very scared or whatever the word is of ww3. I dont know of a time the United states has been scared of war but apparently we are now. And see this is what happens when you stop being isolationist and give a shit about the rest of the world for one reason or another. Globalism sucks. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ok so I'll go with your argument as it is logical......what's the answer. Little rocket man is not gonna listen and cooperate with anyone. We apparently are very scared or whatever the word is of ww3. I dont know of a time the United states has been scared of war but apparently we are now. And see this is what happens when you stop being isolationist and give a shit about the rest of the world for one reason or another. Globalism sucks. 

If the USA was going to act on North Korea, it should have done so in the 1990s or early 2000s, before they developed nuclear capabilities. For then he could have been removed in conventional battle. By doing nothing, the horse has now gotten through the gate. 

If the USA was going to act on North Korea, it should have done so in the 1990s or early 2000s, before they developed nuclear capabilities. For then he could have been removed in conventional battle. By doing nothing, the horse has now gotten through the gate. 

So because we had weak leaders who did nothing we now have to sit on our hands and do nothing....that is very unacceptable to me. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

So because we had weak leaders who did nothing we now have to sit on our hands and do nothing....that is very unacceptable to me. 

Well that's why you are not running for President, I guess.

But no, the USA is in a very difficult place with North Korea due to them both having nukes and their geographic location. If they were a nation out in the Pacific like the Philippines, the USA could probably get away with nuking them without repercussion.  In fact if they were where the Philippines are, we would probably be forced to do it, as they would be much closer to the USA and, therefore, more capable of doing us severe damage with their nukes. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Well that's why you are not running for President, I guess.

But no, the USA is in a very difficult place with North Korea due to them both having nukes and their geographic location. If they were a nation out in the Pacific like the Philippines, the USA could probably get away with nuking them without repercussion.  

All that means to me is that we are scared of Russia and China and if that's the case that's pathetic. We are the United states with the most badass military out there. We dont run away. We confront and we kick ass. I'm not old enough to run for president nor have the financial backing. The problem comes down to globalism and how much it has completely disabled this country from doing what it needs to do. 

All that means to me is that we are scared of Russia and China and if that's the case that's pathetic. We are the United states with the most badass military out there. We dont run away. We confront and we kick ass. I'm not old enough to run for president nor have the financial backing. The problem comes down to globalism and how much it has completely disabled this country from doing what it needs to do. 

Nukes have little to do with conventional military might. You don't need bad ass troops if you have enough nukes to destroy the world as: the USA, Russia and China have. In fact I would argue that our military is too bloated for just this reason. Conventional troops really only deter non nuclear countries. Against our greatest threats, they really don't do that much. 

Nukes have little to do with conventional military might. You don't need bad ass troops if you have enough nukes to destroy the world as: the USA, Russia and China have. In fact I would argue that our military is too bloated for just this reason. Conventional troops really only deter non nuclear countries. Against our greatest threats, they really don't do that much. 

I wasnt just talking about boots on the ground I was saying our military in general. Yes we have enough nuke capabilities to destroy the world and if that's what it takes to send a message idk what we are waiting for....diplomacy doesnt work. It had never worked. American revolution England wasnt gonna sit and talk they wanted our surrender. Civil war both sides weren't gonna sit and talk. Ww1 ww2 Korea Vietnam etc etc. Talking doesnt do shit. Action does. Now if we continue to have leadership that does nothing than this country is screwed and we might as well all give up

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I wasnt just talking about boots on the ground I was saying our military in general. Yes we have enough nuke capabilities to destroy the world and if that's what it takes to send a message idk what we are waiting for....diplomacy doesnt work. It had never worked. American revolution England wasnt gonna sit and talk they wanted our surrender. Civil war both sides weren't gonna sit and talk. Ww1 ww2 Korea Vietnam etc etc. Talking doesnt do shit. Action does. Now if we continue to have leadership that does nothing than this country is screwed and we might as well all give up

If we have a World War that ends up with the whole planet being nuked, by default the country is screwed. Except for a few remnant survivors, there would be no life left here, there or anywhere.

I know you don't find life that pleasant, but many of our leaders certainly do. So I think that would constrain a regular US government. But you may be on to something as the current administration is not a regular one. 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If we have a World War that ends up with the whole planet being nuked, by default the country is screwed. Except for a few remnant survivors, there would be no life left here, there or anywhere.

I know you don't find life that pleasant, but many of our leaders certainly do. So I think that would constrain a regular US government. But you may be on to something as the current administration is not a regular one. 

Our leaders are weak....they have shown that for the last 50 years or so. They dont have the guts to do what is needed. We sit down and talk and when that breaks down we do nothing. Its pathetic. The last great leader was Washington who kicked the british ass. He took that fight and didnt stop. He even hung his own people who he felt didn't obey orders. A real leader. 

7 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

.....you can say that again ......and by the way, I envy your Herculean patience. Mr Darter, you're a better man then I :)

I try. But it's late, so I am gonna go beddy bye!

Seriously, though. There will probably be nuclear holocaust at some stage, as too many countries have nukes. They are Pandora's box.  At some stage some madman, somewhere on the planet will launch an ill conceived nuclear strike that will probably take us beyond the brink.

I am just hoping you and I will have gone to our final resting places before that happens. I don't fancy dying that way. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I try. But it's late, so I am gonna go beddy bye!

Seriously, though. There will probably be nuclear holocaust at some stage, as too many countries have nukes. They are Pandora's box.  At some stage some madman, somewhere on the planet will launch an ill conceived nuclear strike that will probably take us beyond the brink.

I am just hoping you and I will have gone to our final resting places before that happens. I don't fancy dying that way. 

Hopefully it's not OUR Mad Man :) ...nite

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, DBP66 said:

Pompeo suggests North Korea weapons work counter to denuclearization pledge

Reuters By David Brunnstrom,Reuters 5 hours ago.

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Less than two months after a landmark U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo flew back to the city state on Friday and suggested that continued work on weapons programmes by North Korea was inconsistent with its leader's commitment to denuclearize.

Pompeo was asked en route to Singapore about his statement in the U.S. Senate last month that North Korea was continuing to make bomb fuel and reports that North Korea, led by Kim Jong Un, was building new missiles.

"Chairman Kim made a commitment to denuclearize," Pompeo told reporters. "The world demanded that they (North Korea) do so in the U.N. Security Council resolutions. To the extent they are behaving in a manner inconsistent with that, they are a) in violation of one or both the U.N. Security Council resolutions and b) we can see we still have a ways to go to achieve the ultimate outcome we’re looking for."

Pompeo thanked ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) at a meeting in Singapore for their efforts in enforcing sanctions on North Korea.

In a landmark summit with U.S. President Donald Trump in Singapore on June 12, Kim, who is seeking relief from tough sanctions, committed to work towards denuclearization, but Pyongyang has offered no details on how it might go about this.

Pompeo told a Senate committee hearing on July 25 that North Korea was continuing to produce fuel for nuclear bombs in spite of its pledge.

On Monday, a senior U.S. official said U.S. spy satellites had detected renewed activity at the North Korean factory that produced the country’s first intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United States.

The Washington Post reported on Monday that North Korea appeared to be building one or two new liquid-fuelled intercontinental ballistic missiles at the research facility, citing unidentified officials familiar with intelligence reporting.

..I guess Trump won't be winnig his Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon?...and he thought he made himself a buddy when he met Kim huh??..LOL...Kim played Trump like a fiddle.....:$

By David Brunnstrom

Since the Nobel Prize is a LEFT WING WHACKO concept! I don't see that EVER happening!

Are you DEMS REALLY THIS STUPID? Lemme tell you about PRESIDENT Trump! He gives you a BIG ASS piece of rope to give you all kinds of wiggle room to operate! THEN, if you take advantage of his generosity and screw da POOCH! It's GOOD BYE IRENE! Kim Jung Dung will be VERY SORRY if he continues along this perilous path! Because Kim STILL believes that DO NOTHING Barack Hussein is still President!