Use The New/Other Pick 'Em Thread

ECHS05

Its that time of the year!!! Im releasing Week 0 games early, to give everyone time to do plenty of research with no previous games to rely on for help with predictions. Not every state starts up this week, but theres still a ton of great games to pick from.

All weeks will have between 12-18 games. This year is L-o-a-d-e-d with excellent games.

****Also, Im releasing the games early because We Need A Scorekeeper ... We all know THS2011 was our scorekeeper last year and he did a great job but I haven't noticed him on the forum in quite a while ... We may need a new one unless he shows up soon, which he very well may do once the Shamrocks kick off their season. ****

(All games are on 8/17(Friday) unless otherwise noted)

Week 0 Pick 'Em Games: (8/16-8/18)

Chandler AZ @ Corona Centennial CA 

Perry AZ @ Pinnacle AZ

Folsom CA @ De La Salle CA 

Chaminade CA @ Oaks Christian CA (8/16) 

Narbonne CA @ St. Louis HI (@ Aloha Stadium)

Marietta GA @ Rome GA (8/16)

Archer GA vs. Milton GA (@ Georgia St. Stadium/Turner Field)

Colquitt Co. GA vs. McEachern GA (8/18 ; @ Mercedes-Benz Stadium)

Trinity (Louisville) KY @ Carmel IN

Noxubee Co. MS @ Starkville MS 

Harding University NC @ Hough NC 

Dutch Fork SC @ Mallard Creek NC (8/18)

Fort Dorchester SC @ Glynn Academy GA

Bingham UT @ Orem UT

There will be more guys show up in the next week or 2 when football season really gets here ... You should have 10 by then, as we are still 2 weeks out... 3 weeks for Florida.

I would definitely prefer THS, as he has done a great job the past 2 seasons ... But we'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

There will be more guys show up in the next week or 2 when football season really gets here ... You should have 10 by then, as we are still 2 weeks out... 3 weeks for Florida.

I would definitely prefer THS, as he has done a great job the past 2 seasons ... But we'll see.

I get that i was just offering myself up as a backup option if needed 

As for games above i have a rough guess on my picks but I'm going to hold off on a few till that week 

Also since you a GA guy i have quick question 

Did Marietta lose any of their current players to that forfeit thing? 

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I get that i was just offering myself up as a backup option if needed 

As for games above i have a rough guess on my picks but I'm going to hold off on a few till that week 

Also since you a GA guy i have quick question 

Did Marietta lose any of their current players to that forfeit thing? 

None of substantial note.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

If they havent announced it yet after conducting that first thorough investigation, I doubt they announce any more.

Sorry, let me clarify.

A poster on the GA board says the two transfers could remain ineligible depending in their appeal. (The Woodward and Carrollton kids)

He went on to mention that their RB and a CB are leaving the team and WR Burton is transferring out.

Idk if any of this is true, but it would be a huge blow to their roster, if so.

51 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Sorry, let me clarify.

A poster on the GA board says the two transfers could remain ineligible depending in their appeal. (The Woodward and Carrollton kids)

He went on to mention that their RB and a CB are leaving the team and WR Burton is transferring out.

Idk if any of this is true, but it would be a huge blow to their roster, if so.

That would definitely be a blow.

Burton cant make up his mind. He went to Marietta, transferred to IMG, then back to Marietta this Preseason, and now apparently out again? ... Maybe he cant handle the pressure of playing for a quality team....

If they lose RB Kimani Vidal , thatd be huge. Itd suck for them to lose a CB also... As the secondary was their weak spot last year. They need to hang onto their DBs.

This makes Marietta a real question mark... The season is almost upon us, they need to get that mess figured out soon, its a little late for kids to be tramsferring in and out at this point.

I know Arik Gilbert & Dawson Ellington are Woodward kids.... But surely they are fine. Those would be HUGE losses, especially Gilbert... being a 5* and the #1 ATH in the 2020 class.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That would definitely be a blow.

Burton cant make up his mind. He went to Marietta, transferred to IMG, then back to Marietta this Preseason, and now apparently out again? ... Maybe he cant handle the pressure of playing for a quality team....

If they lose RB Kimani Vidal , thatd be huge. Itd suck for them to lose a CB also... As the secondary was their weak spot last year. They need to hang onto their DBs.

This makes Marietta a real question mark... The season is almost upon us, they need to get that mess figured out soon, its a little late for kids to be tramsferring in and out at this point.

I know Arik Gilbert & Dawson Ellington are Woodward kids.... But surely they are fine. Those would be HUGE losses, especially Gilbert... being a 5* and the #1 ATH in the 2020 class.

Like I said, nothing definitive out there to suggest this is anything but a rumor.

Apparently the 4* WR Jermaine Burton is leaving for Hoover AL. Oh well ... He wasnt on last years team, theyll be fine without him. (This is 100% a rumor until confirmed)

They are saying the 4* RB Kimani Vidal has left the team, but his twitter is still plastered with Marietta stuff. Looks like hes a Woodward Academy transfer. (Also 100% rumor)

Ok after checking, the safety from Carrollton thats ineligible is 3* Rashad Torrence.... Obviously hes appealing.

Dawson Ellington may be the CB from Woodward.

If so thats BIG time... Marietta is being gutted.

Like I said... IF SO.

11 minutes ago, THS2011 said:

I'm here. Just been lurking till there's something to talk about (season starts). If someone wants to take over they can. If no one else wants to (has more time on their hand), i'll do it again. 

You do a much better job then i could i was only offering myself as a backup

Plus I will have to do scorekeeper for the FL pickems as well as still manage my weekly rankings so if there is someone else able to run score for pickems I ain't standing in the way 😂 

6 hours ago, THS2011 said:

I'm here. Just been lurking till there's something to talk about (season starts). If someone wants to take over they can. If no one else wants to (has more time on their hand), i'll do it again. 

Im going to have to send you a $50 Starbucks Gift Card & a signed ECHS05 Memorabilia Baseball Card to butter you up for this year.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2018 at 6:39 PM, ECHS05 said:

Apparently the 4* WR Jermaine Burton is leaving for Hoover AL. Oh well ... He wasnt on last years team, theyll be fine without him. (This is 100% a rumor until confirmed)

They are saying the 4* RB Kimani Vidal has left the team, but his twitter is still plastered with Marietta stuff. Looks like hes a Woodward Academy transfer. (Also 100% rumor)

Ok after checking, the safety from Carrollton thats ineligible is 3* Rashad Torrence.... Obviously hes appealing.

Dawson Ellington may be the CB from Woodward.

If so thats BIG time... Marietta is being gutted.

Like I said... IF SO.

Not true. I love it when shit gets spread and about 5% if it’s  true. Keep going its kind of entertaining! 

1 hour ago, OLB76 said:

You think.....Duh 

GHSA ran him out of the state! They really have it out for kids who leave to go to IMG.

It's not a witch hunt dude. More than likely he is labeled a migrant student because he changes schools like he changes his underwear.

Perhaps his parents can hire an attorney and sue the GHSA for enforcing their by laws.

Just a few hours ago it was a rumor he was leaving and now you say there is a witch hunt involving him?

His family should get a discount from Uhaul with all that moving. Lol