Who is America?

DevilDog

18 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I'm trying most of the people I associate with are either fish and Chicken only as protein source or str8 Vegans or mainly veggies.  One of them today sent me some info about eating plants that are alive vs. eating the flesh of a dead animal.  It was pretty revealing.  The NFL has a big kick on this especially the Titans with Veggie.  But I got the Goat hook up here.  A pretty Indian Sister From Bangladesh to hook me up whenever I want some. 

A friend says no Pork on da Fork and no Beef in da Teeth:  His moto 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/12/20/veggie-might-titans-d-gets-boost-after-going-vegetarian/108771904/

Nice article abut Mr. Woodyard's switch to a vegan lifestyle.

I could see myself becomming a lacto/ovo vegetarian, but probably not becoming a vegan.  It's a little too restrictive for me with so little variety and I'm not sure how it would effect my stomach.  In addition, many vegans want to eat foods like pizza, lasagna, and also miss eating meats.  So they opt out for stuff like immitation cheese, Foturkey, soy proteins and soy milk, and other things which are highly processed and full of chemicals. Some also eat junk food like fries and chips. In addition, such a restrictive diet can cause you stress, because you would always be concerned about making sure you are not eating any food with animal products in them.   So, I just can't see myself ever trying to become a vegan.  Plus I believe that people who eat fish and some grass fed meat in addition to mostly a plant based diet out live vegans as a whole.

Here are two articles about long lived people in Blue zones.  Hope the link works

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/04/11/398325030/eating-to-break-100-longevity-diet-tips-from-the-blue-zones

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ohio said:

Nice article abut Mr. Woodyard's switch to a vegan lifestyle.

I could see myself becomming a lacto/ovo vegetarian, but probably not becoming a vegan.  It's a little too restrictive for me with so little variety and I'm not sure how it would effect my stomach.  In addition, many vegans want to eat foods like pizza, lasagna, and also miss eating meats.  So they opt out for stuff like immitation cheese, Foturkey, soy proteins and soy milk, and other things which are highly processed and full of chemicals. Some also eat junk food like fries and chips. In addition, such a restrictive diet can cause you stress, because you would always be concerned about making sure you are not eating any food with animal products in them.   So, I just can't see myself ever trying to become a vegan.  Plus I believe that people who eat fish and some grass fed meat in addition to mostly a plant based diet out live vegans as a whole.

Here are two articles about long lived people in Blue zones.  Hope the link works

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/04/11/398325030/eating-to-break-100-longevity-diet-tips-from-the-blue-zones

I will IM you Dr. Kellogg's study

2 hours ago, ohio said:

Thanks, a good read.

I clicked on one of the sidelinks for a news story that caught my eye from there...out just today...kind of proved a point from above

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/08/21/638588456/west-texas-vineyards-blasted-by-herbicide-drift-from-nearby-cotton-fields

Not to beat a drum...but our basic food source landmine issues are spelled out in black and white ….key paragraphs:

Smith, 64, has lived on this land for almost his entire life, except for a stint for school and for a term as a young mayor of Lockney, a nearby town. Since he started, he says the cotton business has gone through huge changes.

"Back then, you could farm a smaller amount of land and still make a good living," he says.

"Today, profit margins are thinner. To make that living, farmers like him have to work much larger patches of land. Smith is growing cotton on about 5,000 acres across multiple counties. And to do it, he says, he needs technology, including high-tech weedkillers. "

His favorite was one called Roundup. "The old Roundup, it'd kill any size weed, anytime, anywhere. It was great," he says, smiling nostalgically.

This is how Roundup worked: First, he would plant cotton seeds that were genetically modified so the herbicide didn't bother them. Then he could spray the entire field. The weeds would die, and the cotton would thrive.

This was until 2013, when Roundup suddenly stopped working in this area. The weeds had become resistant.

"The first couple of years, when we got hit with that resistance, it was a nightmare. We didn't exactly know what to do," said Smith.

New herbicide products with new rules

Then big agricultural companies started pushing new herbicides.

In 2017, companies such as Monsanto and Dow released new formulations of old chemicals that had been used for decades, called dicamba and 2,4-D, respectively. The products have some chemical similarities and are known as synthetic auxin herbicides. The companies also started selling cotton seeds that had been modified to resist these herbicides.

The problem is that these chemicals are more likely to drift into other fields than the older weedkillers did. That is causing a crisis that has swept across agricultural lands nationwide. Last month, University of Missouri researchers said states have reported more than 600 complaints about damage to soybeans and other kinds of plants.

The crisis has sparked lawsuits. And in Arkansas, a farmer was shot and killed during a drift dispute.

The companies insist that the new herbicides are safe to use according to label requirements. The labels are more elaborate than those on previous chemicals.

---------------------------------------------

Anyone that does NOT see the problem yet? 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Thanks, a good read.

I clicked on one of the sidelinks for a news story that caught my eye from there...out just today...kind of proved a point from above

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/08/21/638588456/west-texas-vineyards-blasted-by-herbicide-drift-from-nearby-cotton-fields

Not to beat a drum...but our basic food source landmine issues are spelled out in black and white ….key paragraphs:

Smith, 64, has lived on this land for almost his entire life, except for a stint for school and for a term as a young mayor of Lockney, a nearby town. Since he started, he says the cotton business has gone through huge changes.

"Back then, you could farm a smaller amount of land and still make a good living," he says.

"Today, profit margins are thinner. To make that living, farmers like him have to work much larger patches of land. Smith is growing cotton on about 5,000 acres across multiple counties. And to do it, he says, he needs technology, including high-tech weedkillers. "

His favorite was one called Roundup. "The old Roundup, it'd kill any size weed, anytime, anywhere. It was great," he says, smiling nostalgically.

This is how Roundup worked: First, he would plant cotton seeds that were genetically modified so the herbicide didn't bother them. Then he could spray the entire field. The weeds would die, and the cotton would thrive.

This was until 2013, when Roundup suddenly stopped working in this area. The weeds had become resistant.

"The first couple of years, when we got hit with that resistance, it was a nightmare. We didn't exactly know what to do," said Smith.

New herbicide products with new rules

Then big agricultural companies started pushing new herbicides.

In 2017, companies such as Monsanto and Dow released new formulations of old chemicals that had been used for decades, called dicamba and 2,4-D, respectively. The products have some chemical similarities and are known as synthetic auxin herbicides. The companies also started selling cotton seeds that had been modified to resist these herbicides.

The problem is that these chemicals are more likely to drift into other fields than the older weedkillers did. That is causing a crisis that has swept across agricultural lands nationwide. Last month, University of Missouri researchers said states have reported more than 600 complaints about damage to soybeans and other kinds of plants.

The crisis has sparked lawsuits. And in Arkansas, a farmer was shot and killed during a drift dispute.

The companies insist that the new herbicides are safe to use according to label requirements. The labels are more elaborate than those on previous chemicals.

---------------------------------------------

Anyone that does NOT see the problem yet? 

Great post.  I saw this week some black dude with Terminal cancer won like a 289 million dollar lawsuit against Monsanto/Roundup as the cause of his Cancer due to its components. I think I have some of that BS in my garage as I use it for weeds in the cracks of the sidewalk in front my home and driveway.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4382251/monsanto-lawsuit-roundup-glyphosate-cancer/

A California jury on Friday found Monsanto liable in a lawsuit filed by a man who alleged the company’s glyphosate-based weed-killers, including Roundup, caused his cancer and ordered the company to pay $289 million in damages.

The case of school groundskeeper Dewayne Johnson was the first lawsuit to go to trial alleging glyphosate causes cancer.

51 minutes ago, Troll said:

I would love a copy if not too much trouble.  

FYI got rained out here today, so decided to wait until next weeks auction (it's pretty much outdoors)....every Tuesday they got em.

Here is a snippet of Dr. Kellogg's study:

Just under the foul and putrid skin we find a mass of fat from two to six inches in thickness, covering a large portion of the body. Now what is this? Lard, says one; animal oil; an excellent thing for consumptives; a very necessary kind of food in cold weather. Lard, animal oil, very truly; and, we will add a synonym for disease, scrofula, torpid liver. Where did all that fat come from, or how happened it to be so heaped up around that poor hog? Surely it is not natural; for fat is only deposited in large quantities for the purpose of keeping the body warm in winter. This fat is much more than is necessary for such a purpose, and is much greater in amount than ever exists upon the animal in a state of nature. It is evidently the result of disease. So gross have been the habits of the animal, so great has been the foulness of its body, that its excretory organs--its liver, lungs, kidneys, skin, and intestines--have been entirely unable to carry away the impurities which the animal has been all its life accumulating. And even the extensive system of sewerage with its constant stream, which we have already described, was insufficient to the task of purging so vile a body of the debris which abounded in every organ and saturated every tissue. Consequently this great flood of disease, which made its way through the veins and arteries into the tissues, and there accumulated as fat! Delectable morsel, a slice of fat pork, isn't it? Concentrated, consolidated filth!

Here is what has worked for me relative to eating healthy.

For most it is a bit over the top and requires a lot of discipline but it works. I will preface this with the fact that I have been studying nutrition for the last ten years and have for the most part been able to separate the known facts from the nauseous amount of crap heaped on us repeatedly.

It starts with the decision to "eat to live" and not "live to eat" Those whom I have seen follow this and not quit, have gotten very positive results.

First thing is to invest in a good juicer. The minimum would be the Omega slow auger... about a couple of hundred bucks. I have that as well as the Norwalk juicer.  Next, find your local Farmers Market. If there is not one local to you, check out Kroger's organic veggie section. I use our local Ralphs ( owned by Kroger )  They often get produce from local farmers and its just as good.

When you get up in the morning you want to start the day with 4 to 6 oz of juice on an empty stomach. A good base to start with is Kale, Brocholi and Carrots. Adding apples or Lettuce helps with the taste. When doing this on an empty stomach, on average, 90% of the nutrients will be in you blood stream within the hour. You will feel the kick when that happens and your energy levels will sustain for the next few hours. If you eat the veggies, either raw or cooked you may only get 20 to 30 % of the nutrients and that may take from two to three hours to digest. After the second juice, you can eat pretty much anything you want as long as it is healthy ( nuts, fruits, chicken, salmon, organic grass fed beef and whole veggies etc. ) Absolutely no refined sugar or any of its elements. Natural sugars in fruits are OK as long as you eat them with other "real food".

When I first started doing this, it was pure hell and a couple of times I almost quit... but I hung in there and after several months all of its benefits started to kick in and now I will never go back. As one nutritionist pointed out to me, it took five months for my body to rid itself of all the toxins and pollutants that I spent over 40 years putting in.

RESULTS: Weight dropped from 295 to 240,   Arthritis gone.   Sleeping patterns changed to full REM sleep for 6 to 7 hours without waking up in the middle of the night.  Vision for reading vastly improved,   Huge change in Libido,   Back Pain Gone,   Sciatica Gone,   Chronic Bronchitis Gone,  No issues with my knees or hips.  Have not had the Flu or even so much as a cold for years.  Energy levels are constantly high and motor skills while not like in my 20's; came back as when I was in my mid 30's so at least 3 times a week I am shooting hoops ( full court ) with the HS kids prior to hitting the weight room.

There are a bunch more benefits but the readers digest version should be enough for you guys to get the point without this post getting to long. Understanding the food specifics relative to their chemical makeup and the physics of how they will support specific organs in your body as well as what will reinforce the immune system is important to finding out what will work.

If any of you guys want to find out more, feel free to PM me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Here is what has worked for me relative to eating healthy.

If any of you guys want to find out more, feel free to PM me.

what's amazing is how diet impacts 'everything'....

The misinformation is a swamp of self serving tangents, and as every metabolism is different, It is a lot of work to find out what works best for your own....

The younger you are, the less likely you are to see it, or make it a priority.  Most can digest anything and not show effects for years...or longer.

nice post and awesome results for you Gospeeder.  Living Examples are the best motivation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

More men need this type of dialogue and info sharing.  I thank each of you for your input.  I have both a juicer and Nutri-Bullet. The juicer runs thru veggies.  The nutri-bullet adds fiber.  Both have their advantages.  Pure juice is the better option.  We usually wait to we are sick to do anything.  No one can argue when you present facts even tho they may choose to continue on their daily consumption.  Again thank you.  

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I will IM you Dr. Kellogg's study

Thank you brother, I just read it.  Dr. Kellogg knew about the dangers of eating pork products.  People in his time had many illnesses directly related to not only consumption but over consumption of this animal.  And back then they ate every part from snout to tail.

Not sure if Dr Kellogg knew that pigs also had little or no sweat glands, so they are forced to wollow in fluids to cool off.

Also they are very social, dream like humans, and have much of our shared DNA (why they are used as test animals for new medicines)  More reasons to not consume them, at least for humanitarian reasons.

Now the hog is not at fault. It is created this way, and can't do anything to change that.  However, man should not farm and consume the animal, and let it be like Dr. Kellogg suggested.

Here's more to read by PETA   https://www.peta.org/living/food/top-10-reasons-eat-pigs/

Thanks for PMing the report.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, DevilDog said:

Outstanding I suffer from a disease and diet and fasting are the best thing ever.  If I consume large quantity of red meat I get mucous which most do but never acknowledge.  So after red meat I do a 2 day water fasting.  Goat is the kosher/Halal meat for the 🌎.  I promise you will feel the difference.  Thanks for the knowledge drop sir. I'm only consuming farm raised hand slaughtered goats.  No mass slaughtering/stressing the animal.    

What ever your disease is, I hope you get cured.  The sooner the better.

Be careful, about eating too much meat of any kind in one sitting or in one day, it could cause kidney and prostate problems down the road if done too frequently. It's best to use meat more as a side with a plant based meal or a little in stews for flavoring.  Don't mean to admonish, just don't want to see you develope health problems down the road.  

1 hour ago, ohio said:

Be careful, about eating too much meat of any kind in one sitting or in one day, it could cause kidney and prostate problems down the road if done too frequently. It's best to use meat more as a side with a plant based meal or a little in stews for flavoring.  Don't mean to admonish, just don't want to see you develope health problems down the road.  

Look up this dude.  Swine and humans are very similare

1 hour ago, ohio said:

Thank you brother, I just read it.  Dr. Kellogg knew about the dangers of eating pork products.  People in his time had many illnesses directly related to not only consumption but over consumption of this animal.  And back then they ate every part from snout to tail.

Not sure if Dr Kellogg knew that pigs also had little or no sweat glands, so they are forced to wollow in fluids to cool off.

Also they are very social, dream like humans, and have much of our shared DNA (why they are used as test animals for new medicines)  More reasons to not consume them, at least for humanitarian reasons.

Now the hog is not at fault. It is created this way, and can't do anything to change that.  However, man should not farm and consume the animal, and let it be like Dr. Kellogg suggested.

Here's more to read by PETA   https://www.peta.org/living/food/top-10-reasons-eat-pigs/

Look up this dude. I learned years ago Pigs are for medical use only due to  similarities too the human body. There was a guy in Germany back in the twenties that actually killed humans and sold it to other Germans as pork and they could not tell the difference.  It is strictly an animal made by the most high to be used for Medical purposes only and not to be consumed. Not only is it similar to  human's body composition but it also carries the same diseases as humans and will actually give a human the flu.  it is wracked  with the same diseases as a human like I pointed out with the arthritis but there's so many more if you get deeper into it so thank you brother.  

Karl Denke.  Another Russian  couple did the same thing a few years ago to restaurants I think in Great Britain

https://allthatsinteresting.com/karl-denke

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Look up this dude.  Swine and humans are very similare

Look up this dude. I learned years ago Pigs are for medical use only due to s similarities to the human body. There was a guy in Germany back in the twenties that actually killed humans and sold it to other Germans as pork and they could not tell the difference. it is strictly an animal made by the most high to be used for municipal purposes only and not to be consumed. Not only is it similar to human and body composition but it also carries the same diseases as humans and will actually give a human being the flu.  it is wrapped with the same diseases as a human like I pointed out with the arthritis but there's so many more if you get deeper into it so thank you brother.  

Karl Denke.  Another Russian  couple did the same thing a few years ago to restaurants I think in Great Britain

https://allthatsinteresting.com/karl-denke

Just read it. WOW, just WOW. 

Makes you wonder if omnivores are vastly geneitically different from herbivores and carnivores.

1 hour ago, ohio said:

Thanks for the advice.  It'm managing not life threatening but like all diseases if not treated will get progressively worse.  Peace be unto You.

52 minutes ago, ohio said:

Just read it. WOW, just WOW. 

Makes you wonder if omnivores are vastly geneitically different from herbivores and carnivores.

Sorry about the misspellings or wrong words.  Was doing talk to text as I was in no position to text it out. Should have read for Medical purposes not Municipal. I corrected the original message. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Thanks for the advice.  It'm managing not life threatening but like all diseases if not treated will get progressively worse.  Peace be unto You.

You're welcome, Sir.

As I've gotten older, I try to eat healthy and get some exercise (nothing too intense), and let the chips fall where they may.  This keeps me from worring or stressing about health matters, since I know I am doing the best that I can with the info that I know.

Generally it's best to eat real, whole foods.  Jack Lalane said something like, If God made it and it's edible; eat it.  If man tampered with it; throw it out.

Also, I try to avoid temptation by remembering JD Rockeffelers words upon reading a bio on him.  JD was very health conscious, and live to be 99.  A man once tried to tempt him with candy, and JD asked him, "why should I eat something that I know will harm my body."  I will never forget those words.

5 hours ago, ohio said:

Great info in your Peta Link.  I knew those things but still good stuff.  Just strengthened my resolve. 

I noticed PETA mentioned arthritis and Americans wonder why so many suffer from this disease and of course no Doctor is gonna tell you about the effects of eating swine and the bacteria that it carries that causes arthritis.   Again I don't know any African American Swine Eaters over 50 regardless of Wt. that don't suffer from Hypertension, diabetes, or arthritis and Pork is the #1 culprit.  My brother and I are both over 50 and have none of these diseases.  Our sister eats it and does though she is not overweight.  And I have been telling here for 10 years what was coming.  Now she is racked with Arthritis.  To me it is to consume poison.  I admit that I fear it and will never ever consume it.  It's a Land Rat.  Tasting good is no excuse because evidently human flesh tastes the same and I don't want to eat that either.  Plus Hogs eat dead Dogs. 🤣 The 1st time I see a Goat, Cow or Sheep eating one I will be done with it too. 

• Thanks 1

Don't believe me go to the experts and I know this is sickening.   What the hell is wrong with Germans and eating Humans?  All that damn Bratwurst and Scnitzel might not be swine but some humans Behind.  🤣

What we need are some proper cannibals, and where better to start than one of Germany's most infamous citizens, the cannibal Armin Meiwes. Having eaten an estimated 20kg of his victim, Meiwes is something of an expert on the subject, and in an interview from his prison cell he was more than happy to explain the taste: "The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good."

I'll start with infamous Pole Karl Denke, "a devout, peaceful, generally respected citizen of Ziębice" who "turned out to be a cannibal who killed 40 people before his arrest (and immediate suicide) in 1924. He pickled their flesh in jars and sold it on the Wrocław market as 'pork'."

The same tactic was allegedly employed by Fritz Haarmann, a German who killed at least 24 people in Hanover, generally male prostitutes whose throats he bit while sodomising them (yes, I've been trying to work that one out too). Rumours suggest he too sold his victims as pork on the black market, before his execution by beheading in 1925.

Another German serial killer, Karl Grossman was arrested in 1921 having enthusiastically murdered his way through the Great War. Grossman (no relation) sold the meat from the estimated 50 women he killed on the black market, and even ran a hot dog stand where he offloaded the flesh, throwing the inedible remnants in a nearby river.

Though one British guy who volunteered to taste human says it was like veal.  

• Like 1

This is how poisonous that creature is a Rattlesnake cannot kill it with venom.  More Toxins just make him stronger.  Slave food.   African Americans even eat the Feet, Ears and Guts today just as they did as Slaves 😎

That Beast is like get out of here with your little snake venom. I am fully polluted.  A clean animal like a Goat or Cow would have died in 30 mins.  A shot directly to the eye no effect.  🤘

The snake is like damn he went and got backup:  I would assume they are eating the baby snakes.  

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 12:23 AM, DevilDog said:

Don't believe me go to the experts and I know this is sickening.   What the hell is wrong with Germans and eating Humans?  All that damn Bratwurst and Scnitzel might not be swine but some humans Behind.  🤣

What we need are some proper cannibals, and where better to start than one of Germany's most infamous citizens, the cannibal Armin Meiwes. Having eaten an estimated 20kg of his victim, Meiwes is something of an expert on the subject, and in an interview from his prison cell he was more than happy to explain the taste: "The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good."

I'll start with infamous Pole Karl Denke, "a devout, peaceful, generally respected citizen of Ziębice" who "turned out to be a cannibal who killed 40 people before his arrest (and immediate suicide) in 1924. He pickled their flesh in jars and sold it on the Wrocław market as 'pork'."

The same tactic was allegedly employed by Fritz Haarmann, a German who killed at least 24 people in Hanover, generally male prostitutes whose throats he bit while sodomising them (yes, I've been trying to work that one out too). Rumours suggest he too sold his victims as pork on the black market, before his execution by beheading in 1925.

Another German serial killer, Karl Grossman was arrested in 1921 having enthusiastically murdered his way through the Great War. Grossman (no relation) sold the meat from the estimated 50 women he killed on the black market, and even ran a hot dog stand where he offloaded the flesh, throwing the inedible remnants in a nearby river.

Though one British guy who volunteered to taste human says it was like veal.  

Well, at least humans don't taste like chicken. 😀

All kidding aside, there have always been sick minded people out there. You have to always be a little cautiious about who you associate with.  Also, when you finely cut up meat or ground it to burgers, it's hard to know what's really in it.  So, ground turkey, chicken, hot dogs, and sausages are a big NO for me.

I do have an old meat grinder and use only fresh, farm fowl to make burgers.  But not that often.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 12:29 AM, DevilDog said:

This is how poisonous that creature is a Rattlesnake cannot kill it with venom.  More Toxins just make him stronger.  Slave food.   African Americans even eat the Feet, Ears and Guts today just as they did as Slaves 😎

That Beast is like get out of here with your little snake venom. I am fully polluted.  A clean animal like a Goat or Cow would have died in 30 mins.  A shot directly to the eye no effect.  🤘

The snake is like damn he went and got backup:  I would assume they are eating the baby snakes.  

Pigs and snakes (poisonous or none) are mortal enemies.  One has no problem eating the other.  Pigs have a cetain amount of genetic immunity to snake poison as do opossums, and the odd thing is the more they get bitten by a poisonous snake the more immunity they have.

• Like 1